\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

These cars are larger, heavier and cost a lot more new. brz is meant to be a cheap light weight entry level sports car. the cars you listed are in a different segment  
maybe when they are down to $8-10k ill understand people buying them, but i just cannot fathom how somebody can look at that thing and say "YES i want to spend 25-30k on this car!!"  if those people are set on buying a RWD sports car,there are so many better options for a better price. just off the top of my head: s2000, 350z, 370z, g35, g37, M3, 335i.  i guess thats why i just don't understand how anyone has bought this car

yes they are a little heavier, except the s2000.  but they are all WAYYYY faster, and a few of them handle just as good stock.  they are all much nicer as well. and all of them can be had for LESS money than anyone who owns a BRZ right now payed for it......

s2000 is really nice, i just wished they came out with a coupe version. I've never been a fan of nissan or bmw.

I own a brz btw

i bought an Evo when i sold the s2000, sold that about 2 years later and now im on my second Evo build

i am curious about the BRZ, i am more trying to understand it than hate on it.

what is it that drew you in and made you want to buy it over the competition?  

Last edited:
i bought an Evo when i sold the s2000, sold that about 2 years later and now im on my second Evo build

i am curious about the BRZ, i am more trying to understand it than hate on it.

what is it that drew you in and made you want to buy it over the competition?  
I've always liked toyotas (i owned an ae86 and sc300). i narrowed it down between frs/brz and an 05+ legacy gt when i was shopping for a new car last summer.  It was too hard finding a low mileage legacy at a reasonable price.  I fell in love with the brz when i first seen it at a dealer. then i checked out the frs and the interior felt cheap compared to the brz.

You need to test drive one. once you get over the lack of power you will love it, the balance and the steering is on par with the s2000

Me too, thats why i put a hardtop on the one i owned, and also why i sold it after owning it only for a little over a year

always thought this hardtop looked neat

I've always liked toyotas (i owned an ae86 and sc300). i narrowed it down between frs/brz and an 05+ legacy gt when i was shopping for a new car last summer.  It was too hard finding a low mileage legacy at a reasonable price.  I fell in love with the brz when i first seen it at a dealer. then i checked out the frs and the interior felt cheap compared to the brz.

You need to test drive one. once you get over the lack of power you will love it, the balance and the steering is on par with the s2000
yea i understand your thinking.  to me though i would just rather spend like 10k building a nice AE86 than buying a new FRS, and then use the rest of the money to buy a nice daily.  maybe throw an f20c (s2000 motor) in the ae86. now that would be a kickass car!

but ya im sure its a fun car, being that i owned an s2k, which is by no means a "fast" car, i do understand how it can be very fun to drive an agile,light, rwd car that isnt very powerful. but its different strokes for different folks is all.  the lack of power is something i could never get over, if wide oped throttle doesnt throw me back in the seat and put a smile on my face, then i want a different car.  like ive been going crazy ever since i sold my old Evo and bought a stock one to start over again.  luckily the wait is almost over and its getting tuned in September

Ive heard from a few owners that S2ks attract alot of speeding tickets since they rev so high and dont make much power in the low band so ppl are always pushing it :lol: ... was that the case-when you had yours Nelson ?

Ive heard from a few owners that S2ks attract alot of speeding tickets since they rev so high and dont make much power in the low band so ppl are always pushing it
laugh.gif
... was that the case-when you had yours Nelson ?
 didn't get pulled over once. and i was always driving around in high RPM, got lucky i guess.  i also didnt have a front plate (Which ******* Cali cops love to pull people over for).  the way i looked at it was Cops dont look at s2000's like they look at the rest of the Honda crowd, they are more expensive and driven by older people generally so they seem to not bother them 

here is a couple exhaust videos i made when i had the car.

Last edited:
Ive heard from a few owners that S2ks attract alot of speeding tickets since they rev so high and dont make much power in the low band so ppl are always pushing it :lol: ... was that the case-when you had yours Nelson ?
 didn't get pulled over once. and i was always driving around in high RPM, got lucky i guess.  i also didnt have a front plate (Which ******* Cali cops love to pull people over for).  the way i looked at it was Cops dont look at s2000's like they look at the rest of the Honda crowd, they are more expensive and driven by older people generally so they seem to not bother them 

here is a couple exhaust videos i made when i had the car.

:nthat:

Lovin that subtle hardtop.

White probably also attracts less attention than the yellow and blue ones I see around here :lol:

I love my 08 Si, I could see why people want a BRZ. but for real dude posted cars way above its segment. Getting those cars used = cost more in the LONG RUN.

You need to have a bang for your buck argument wih ninjahood...

...but not here.

2006 Z06 has a 7.0L V8 making 505hp and 470 pound feet of torque.

2009 GT-R has a twin turbo 3.8L engine making around 470hp and 430 pound feet of torque.

ibfu0Tz7pl6drc.gif

Someone please explain.
Think of an engine as a big air pump. The more air you can cram in it, and then push out of it, the more power it makes. A naturally aspirated engine such as the z06 is large, and sucks in air normally. Think of it as a garden hose. It moves a lot of water while being pretty low pressure. The twin Turbo engine is much smaller, but compresses its air via the Turbo. This allows it to push in denser air (more air), making it more efficient than the z06. Think of it as a pressure washer. They both move similar amounts of water, in 2 different ways.

Disclaimer: this is a VERY simplified answer :lol:

Last edited:
that s2k up there is sexy i think there was another nter with an all black s2k too :pimp: id cop but its a 2 seater :frown:

the BRZ FRS is sexy as hell thats about it slower than an SI and over priced as hell no thanks not when the WRX is basically the same price :lol:

Last edited:

My 96 gsr
I had Acura's since highschool days l998 on up but pre 2005 I went German for the first time and put this together

I came up with this vw I bought all stock
I was so hungry for the staggerd set up.

Back
Top Bottom