\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

been thinking about wrapping my e60 since it's about to start warming up. i'm not a fan of the grey it is now, because it has a greenish undertone and that's all i can ever think about when i look at it. want to go with a gloss color this time instead of matte. i'm thinking about either going black or grey (but it'd obviously be a grey i liked). also considering a satin pearl, but i feel like i'd have to have black wheels with that and the m5 wheels don't really look that great when they're all black.

People never maintain their car the way they should when it's a lease.
mean.gif
The dealership usually does it for them......

while i have leased and took care of the car

i know people who dont or just go over the mileage.

i know a guy who put 70k+ miles on a 24k mile lease and paid a guy to turn the miles back.

dealership took it back no problem :x :smh:

been thinking about wrapping my e60 since it's about to start warming up. i'm not a fan of the grey it is now, because it has a greenish undertone and that's all i can ever think about when i look at it. want to go with a gloss color this time instead of matte. i'm thinking about either going black or grey (but it'd obviously be a grey i liked). also considering a satin pearl, but i feel like i'd have to have black wheels with that and the m5 wheels don't really look that great when they're all black.

what happened to your c63? the e60 m5 looks really good in black tbh

i would go black on black tbh the only gray i like is gun metal/dark gray just my opinion tho :smokin

I saw a really nice e60 it was a metallic light brown/bronze with some matte black rims

That thing was so beautiful

Thinking about copping a Range Rover Sport. Debating of buying a slightly used certified 2012-13 with low mileage can probaby get one for 60-70k give or take depending on what features it has and the amount of miles and if its supercharged etc or getting a new 2014 Range Rover sport which after all the options we would add taxes etc would be around 85k give or take. I want to go with the used certified to take less of a hit on the depreciation but after test driving both my wife wants the NEW RR. I know they redid the frame in aluminum and have alot of new features but dont want to spend the extra 20k and take all that loss on a brand new car. I also dont like buying a brand new model year would rather let them work the bugs out the first year.

Any thoughts?
Don't get a 2014 RRS

Don't get a 2014 RR - Wait until next year at least

If you're prepared to deal with the problems a 2013 or 2012 RRS has at 60k+ miles, go for it.

I personally told myself I wouldn't buy another JLR car unless it was the L405, but I would still wait a MY or two.

Thinking about copping a Range Rover Sport. Debating of buying a slightly used certified 2012-13 with low mileage can probaby get one for 60-70k give or take depending on what features it has and the amount of miles and if its supercharged etc or getting a new 2014 Range Rover sport which after all the options we would add taxes etc would be around 85k give or take. I want to go with the used certified to take less of a hit on the depreciation but after test driving both my wife wants the NEW RR. I know they redid the frame in aluminum and have alot of new features but dont want to spend the extra 20k and take all that loss on a brand new car. I also dont like buying a brand new model year would rather let them work the bugs out the first year.

Any thoughts?
Don't get a 2014 RRS

If you're prepared to deal with the problems a 2013 or 2012 RRS has at 60k+ miles, go for it.

I personally told myself I wouldn't buy another JLR car unless it was the L405, but I would still wait a MY or two.

How is a 2013 Evoque?

How is a 2013 Evoque?
It's a woman's car

It's like the 3 series of LR. A lot of people like it but I personally don't. Since I don't like anything about I don't really keep up with it's reliability etc on LR / RR forums

Tl;dr - Not sure

It's for my wife, so that's good :lol: But yeah, I keep hearing about reliability with LR/RR's that I'm kind of hesitant and I was just going to get an X3 for her and call it a day but I saw one of these over the weekend and I liked the aesthetics it had.

It's a woman's car

It's like the 3 series of LR. A lot of people like it but I personally don't. Since I don't like anything about I don't really keep up with it's reliability etc on LR / RR forums

Tl;dr - Not sure
I still dont get how its a woman's car but id drive one no problem.

what happened to your c63? the e60 m5 looks really good in black tbh

i would go black on black tbh the only gray i like is gun metal/dark gray just my opinion tho :smokin

still have that too, but drive it sparingly.

been leaning toward going gloss black and powdercoating the wheels gunmetal.

Don't get a 2014 RRS

I was unclear I was talking about 60-70k miles I was talking about grand. I wouldnt buy anything over 40k miles

I saw a really nice e60 it was a metallic light brown/bronze with some matte black rims

That thing was so beautiful

Sepang Bronze. One of my favourite BMW colours ever...

On the topic of the Range Rover Sport, just based on looks alone I think the new ones are absolutely garbage. In contrast, the 2013 model might be one of the nicest SUV's ever made (in my opinion). Such a nice, masculine vehicle, whereas the new ones are very effeminate. That said, I've heard that the new ones drive really well so I don't know. I think the move is to try and find a dealer with some leftover 2013's and see if they have any lease deals on them. Personally, I would never "own" a Range Rover. Done it once, promised myself never again.

Love the M5 but they're too damn big and not engaging enough in my opinion. That said, it's still a stellar car for what it is by all accounts.

Feeling this wrap:

1545114_10152157016379722_1945863785_n.jpg

Love that wrap. Its a lamborghini color.
But yo fly wat do u mean no engaging?
Bro, this beast really makes magic happen. Lol
Highways and backroads this thing is engaged.

U live in cali? I'll take u for a spin. Lol

Is it auto or stick?

If its auto, do you feel as if youre satisfied with how it engages even with just a gas/stop kinda thing? Or do you sometimes think "imagine if I had a stick".

If I was in the position of grabbing an M5, I honestly dont know what id get, stick or auto. Im leaning on auto as Id love to just relax and go when I want to, although the thought of a stick and that much power...

Don't get a 2014 RRS

I was unclear I was talking about 60-70k miles I was talking about grand. I wouldnt buy anything over 40k miles
I'm not sure I would own any range over 5K miles, let alone close to 40K.  Ranges are aesthetically beautiful inside and out but read any review on them, talk to prior owners or visit the forums and you will hear some horror stories about reliability that will make you cringe (Better enjoy the loaner cars is a constant theme).  Unless you guys are using this as a weekend off road/ snow explorer I would avoid the brand.  At 75-85K you guys have some incredible options for vehicles.  If she wants an SUV I would take a fully loaded Jeep SRT or a 1-2yr old certified Porsche Cayenne Turbo over a new Range.  If she can get beyond the need for an SUV and the $100/ weekly fill-ups, why not consider a larger sedan in that price point?  To me the Panamera or the A8 would give her the reliability, luxury, and size to handle almost any trip or daily commute.  After owning a Porsche for a little over a year, I can't recommend the brand enough.  If I was looking for a family vehicle, the Panamera would be my choice without question.

Is it auto or stick?

If its auto, do you feel as if youre satisfied with how it engages even with just a gas/stop kinda thing? Or do you sometimes think "imagine if I had a stick".

If I was in the position of grabbing an M5, I honestly dont know what id get, stick or auto. Im leaning on auto as Id love to just relax and go when I want to, although the thought of a stick and that much power...

I shift gears manually 80% of the time.
But if i want more bang for my buck, i turn up the throttle response.
In my car, i have 3 options for each...
Throttle response
Suspension
Steering
Engine
Anddd i forgot the last thing right now.

So since it has paddle shifters, and i even use the knob as well, my car is manual when i need it to be.

Trustttttttt me, very engaging.

Btw, id never get a manny unless its my track car.
I do too much while driving to worry bout shifting gears all day.

Love that wrap. Its a lamborghini color.
But yo fly wat do u mean no engaging?
Bro, this beast really makes magic happen. Lol
Highways and backroads this thing is engaged.

U live in cali? I'll take u for a spin. Lol

I've logged about 200 miles on one over the past couple of weeks so I have a decent idea of the car and what it's capable of. When I say it's not engaging, Picasso Swerve nailed it with his "gas/stop" comment. After a while that routine gets boring. And I'm not entirely sure that a traditional manual would help. The F10 is simply too polished and too perfect. If you're looking for a brutally fast sedan that is extremely docile when it wants to be, you can't find a better car. I just prefer something more raw. That's just me.

Back
Top Bottom