\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Thing is huge but its still a performance monster 
nerd.gif

I know the G35/350GT is badged a "Skyline" but is it considered to be a part of the GTR lineage? The R35 is no longer a "Skyline" right?

Last edited:
Lol he can try. Aint **** to expose.
Everyone know me everywhere i go.
:rofl:
Just sayin. No need to get all up in the feels. Looking forward to see more of it in the years to come :pimp:

Lol
You wont.
Had her since may, 20k miles on her already.
She'll be gone before 50k.
M6GC next or BMW I8.
Potentially a masi gran turismo mc or carerra s

I know the G35/350GT is badged a "Skyline" but is it considered to be a part of the GTR lineage? The R35 is no longer a "Skyline" right?

No, the GTR and Skyline are now 2 distinctly different models, whereas in the past the GTR was the premium Skyline. The r35's arent even called "Skyline GTR" like the older models, The "GTR" is now a model in itself.

Lol he can try. Aint **** to expose.
Everyone know me everywhere i go.
roll.gif
Just sayin. No need to get all up in the feels. Looking forward to see more of it in the years to come
pimp.gif

Lol
You wont.
Had her since may, 20k miles on her already.
She'll be gone before 50k.
M6GC next or BMW I8.
Potentially a masi gran turismo mc or carerra s
laugh.gif
 Exactly what I assumed.

I know this guy who leases new BMWs nearly every year. He goes to my gym and currently drives the M6GC. Even got the (///M) tattooed on his hand smh. He says he wants to lease the new R8 but can't afford the V10 so he might lease the V8 smh. If it's a lease, I'm not bashing you brah, just sayin it how I see it. I can't stand when guys beat on these new cars which aren't even theirs, just to give it back to the dealership. That shouldn't even bring good karma. But I don't even understand why people lease semi high-end cars in the first place.

http://www.leasetrader.com/lease-specials/2014-BMW-M5-19113.xhtml

That shouldn't even bring good karma. But I don't even understand why people lease semi high-end cars in the first place.

1) Tax deductions
2) Easy to get behind the wheel of a new car every couple of years
3) Always under warranty
4) Cheaper payments
5) Option to buy after the term...

How many reasons do you want?

^Not to mention high maintenance and questionable long term reliability. Also not sure what semi high end means but some brands have such attractive lease deals relative to firm purchase price that the cars are almost meant to be leased

You're basically renting the car. Even if it's 1/2 of regular payments, it's not yours and you're just flushing money down the drain to act like you drive a car you know you can't afford. If you're worried about keepin a car after warranty you have no business buying the car in the first place.

i go back and forth on how i feel about leases. sometimes i'm like idgaf and i'd like to get a new car every couple of years, but other times i hate thinking about just paying money for something that will never actually be mine.

at the end of the day though, different people have different views and you can't force yours down their throats. some people actually take care of their leased cars, but there's also people out there that don't. just don't buy a used car that was a lease vehicle and you don't have to worry about it.

You're basically renting the car. Even if it's 1/2 of regular payments, it's not yours and you're just flushing money down the drain to act like you drive a car you know you can't afford. If you're worried about keepin a car after warranty you have no business buying the car in the first place.

No offense, but that sounds like something someone with no idea would say.

Last edited:

And paying cash for a new car that's going to lose 20% of it's value the second you drive it off the lot ISN'T considering flushing money down the drain?

No offense, but that sounds like something someone who can't afford it would say.

Fixed*

:smh: In that M5 example you're saving $500 a month over 36 months is 18k. Yes, the car isn't yours but you can go get the new model or something else. You lease new cars, pay cash for old cars.

u are owning the car during a lease.

ur just not owning it forever.

exactly why im leasing right now

while i can buy a car, there isnt much that i want. there is a few but need to get other things regulated before i want to throw down $50k over a few years on a whip.

im only scared because of these companies changing looks/models so quick. dont know why i hate it but i do.

i dont wanna pay $50k for a car then soon as im done paying that much money then end up changing the entire car and what not to something better. I want a car i can keep for 5-10 years and looks amazing and not too old.

thats just me though. Im on my 2nd lease right now and i love it but i do plan on buying something.. one day when i find a car i really like from every which way and wont care if they come out with a new design and what ever else.

Lets assume you have $100k cash to spend on a car.

Scenario 1 - you lease the car $0 down, $1,000 a month. You pay $36k over 3 years. You can keep your cash on hand and invest that and earn a reasonable 8% annually. You can also write off the majority of your payment if you are self employed.

Scenario 2 - you pay $100k cash. Your opportunity cost on this money is 8% compounded annually over 3 years (roughly $25k).

Scenario 3 - you put down $20k and finance $80k for 5 years at 5%. Your payment is $1,500 and you pay roughly $10k in interest over the duration of the loan.

In 3 years time, your $100k car is probably worth $70k. In 5 years time you're lucky if it's worth $50k.

In scenario 2, you've lost $30k in addition to the $25k you could have earned in interest. So essentially you're losing $55k. Not to mention you can't write off your lease like you can in scenario 1.

In scenario 3, you're out on original $20k, not to mention another $30k in deprecation, and towards the end of the term you're making $1,500 payments on a 5 year old car that is only worth $50k. Not to mention by this point it's out of warranty. When all's said and done, you've paid over $110k for something that is worth $50k.

Now explain again to me why leasing is a bad idea?

Thinking about copping a Range Rover Sport. Debating of buying a slightly used certified 2012-13 with low mileage can probaby get one for 60-70k give or take depending on what features it has and the amount of miles and if its supercharged etc or getting a new 2014 Range Rover sport which after all the options we would add taxes etc would be around 85k give or take. I want to go with the used certified to take less of a hit on the depreciation but after test driving both my wife wants the NEW RR. I know they redid the frame in aluminum and have alot of new features but dont want to spend the extra 20k and take all that loss on a brand new car. I also dont like buying a brand new model year would rather let them work the bugs out the first year.

Any thoughts?

Would wait for second year production of any vehicle. My wife loves ranges and the discovery aka LR4. For having 3 kids 2 of which are in car seats and one in a booster the LR4 is the more practical of the two with seating for 7 and I can actually fit in the 3rd row at 6'2. I surprised her last year for her birthday with an 2012 LR4 HSE that had 6k miles that was a dealer loaner. Was going to order a 2013 with the black pack but found this one in the same rare color and black interior like she wanted (without the black pack)and I ended up saving about 10k.

Factory warranty is 4 yrs /50k miles. You can also purchase an extended warranty for added piece of mind.

My wife def loves driving it especially the "command driving position". She is 4'11 and can see out of it really well unlike in other suv's She also likes that v8 power too along with the different terrain settings added bonus is being able to lower the whip for easier entry and exit.
My 2cents as a JLR owner

Old pic i already posted once they brought it of the showroom floor

Amazing shot and love the Z!  :pimp:

Nissan/Datsun remains one of my favorite car makers.  It has me thinking of what the next Skyline will look like.  Hoping Nissan continues to push the envelope with new car technology.

^R35 looks so bloated compared to the predecessors, hoping the R36 cuts weight

Whats that 2001 model, kinda looks like a 350z/g35

Last edited:
u are owning the car during a lease.

ur just not owning it forever.

exactly why im leasing right now

while i can buy a car, there isnt much that i want. there is a few but need to get other things regulated before i want to throw down $50k over a few years on a whip.

im only scared because of these companies changing looks/models so quick. dont know why i hate it but i do.

i dont wanna pay $50k for a car then soon as im done paying that much money then end up changing the entire car and what not to something better. I want a car i can keep for 5-10 years and looks amazing and not too old.

thats just me though. Im on my 2nd lease right now and i love it but i do plan on buying something.. one day when i find a car i really like from every which way and wont care if they come out with a new design and what ever else.

That's kind of different. I was more referring to people like the guy in my gym who pays a lot to rent his car for no reason other than to say he drives it.
In certain situations leases are better, but never if you want to just stunt.

But I don't want to derail. I was just upset seeing that guy beating on his leased car. Sorry if I caused any commotion.

If he beats on the car you do know he has to pay for damages or any issues... right?

any little thing they add up. they just dont take the car back and say have a good day. they check everything.

while some things might slide with some dealerships, some are pretty strict and check every damn thing and will make you pay up the butt

Back
Top Bottom