\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Its an m5 u expect dude to drive it like a prius :lol:

Im glad hes actually using it

And it shouldnt b ur concern how anyone uses their whip.

But I don't want to derail. I was just upset seeing that guy beating on his leased car. Sorry if I caused any commotion.

I didnt even want to address you.
Im just confused on how you concluded i was beating up my car,
and assume it was a lease?

its his car he can do what he wants wth? :lol: its a damb M5 **** aint got 550+ horses for nothing dude is doing it right
any car guy would push it every now and esp when you spending that kind of cash thats what its BUILT for

But I don't want to derail. I was just upset seeing that guy beating on his leased car. Sorry if I caused any commotion.

I didnt even want to address you.
Im just confused on how you concluded i was beating up my car,
and assume it was a lease?

this..

Amazing shot and love the Z! :pimp:

Nissan/Datsun remains one of my favorite car makers. It has me thinking of what the next Skyline will look like. Hoping Nissan continues to push the envelope with new car technology.

^R35 looks so bloated compared to the predecessors, hoping the R36 cuts weight

Whats that 2001 model, kinda looks like a 350z/g35

R33 Skyline

Last edited:
Amazing shot and love the Z!  :pimp:

Nissan/Datsun remains one of my favorite car makers.  It has me thinking of what the next Skyline will look like.  Hoping Nissan continues to push the envelope with new car technology.

Its the original concept/prototype for what became r35 GTR.

I believe at that time Nissan was still considering using the GTR name as a premium variant of the (v35) Skyline/g35, which explains the similarity's between the two.

Last edited:
Lets assume you have $100k cash to spend on a car.

Scenario 1 - you lease the car $0 down, $1,000 a month. You pay $36k over 3 years. You can keep your cash on hand and invest that and earn a reasonable 8% annually. You can also write off the majority of your payment if you are self employed.

Scenario 2 - you pay $100k cash. Your opportunity cost on this money is 8% compounded annually over 3 years (roughly $25k).

Scenario 3 - you put down $20k and finance $80k for 5 years at 5%. Your payment is $1,500 and you pay roughly $10k in interest over the duration of the loan.

In 3 years time, your $100k car is probably worth $70k. In 5 years time you're lucky if it's worth $50k.

In scenario 2, you've lost $30k in addition to the $25k you could have earned in interest. So essentially you're losing $55k. Not to mention you can't write off your lease like you can in scenario 1.

In scenario 3, you're out on original $20k, not to mention another $30k in deprecation, and towards the end of the term you're making $1,500 payments on a 5 year old car that is only worth $50k. Not to mention by this point it's out of warranty. When all's said and done, you've paid over $110k for something that is worth $50k.

Now explain again to me why leasing is a bad idea?

Good comparison but you aren't leasing a $100K car for 0 down and $1000 a month, more like $8-10K down, making the comparison more even unless you are writing off the lease.

Looks pretty dope.

Last edited:
Pros / Cons of the Lancer?

Was lookin at the last 2 Gens.

2000-2007

&

2007 till now

I have an 09, overall I'm happy with it
it handles really well, looks great, and i've recently hit 90k miles and havent had a single problem
Gas mileage is pretty good, but not great. I know plenty of way more powerful cars that get better mileage.
Which leads to the next point, it has no power, while is really disappointing.
I'm not sure if they changed this yet or not, but I know they used some kind of "eco-friendly" paint on the lancers and it's horrible. :smh:
So many chips and scratches, my car has more scratches than my family beater had which was around 15 years old
most people say the interior is cheap and such, though I'm not one to care much about interior

any other questions let me know

And paying cash for a new car that's going to lose 20% of it's value the second you drive it off the lot ISN'T considering flushing money down the drain?
But you KNOW thats going to happen with any car. Its not an investment. Does honestly really matter if it loses 20% of its value? Only if you are planning to sell it in the future, and in that case you should know you are going to take a big hit.

You listed those bullet points for those scenarios and thats in a perfect world. There are way too many variables to consider.

My friend went looking at 2 cars (CLA, 428i).

With a lease and a buyout at the end, the difference was around $1500 than if he were to just finance. Not too much of a difference, he would save about $100 a month for now and can worry about the extra $1500 3 years down the road (his job gives a raise/bonus every year).

Last edited:
My only thing with the lease if you dont Buy it at the end you walk away with nothing. Financing you can sell even if its only worth half what you paid

Amazing shot and love the Z!  :pimp:

Nissan/Datsun remains one of my favorite car makers.  It has me thinking of what the next Skyline will look like.  Hoping Nissan continues to push the envelope with new car technology.

Its the original concept/prototype for what became r35 GTR.

I believe at that time Nissan was still considering using the GTR name as a premium variant of the (v35) Skyline/g35, which explains the similarity's between the two.

smh i just noticed i read the chart wrong :smh: saw 2001 looked above it and saw the r33 :lol:

Amazing shot and love the Z!  
pimp.gif

Thanks Bro! I agree with you about the R35 being HUUUGE! lol especially when side by side with an NSX. I Doubt they would make the car smaller, should for sure cut weight though which I'm sure they will with next one. I'm guessing they made it pretty bulky so it doesn't look so silly going up against all these domestic cars also getting that bulk to them also. I'll take a R34 V-spec all day! or ill drop that motor in my Z lol

I've leased for a long time.  I could have purchased/financed (because that's what we're really talking about, right?) these same cars but as someone else mentioned, the lease is a tax write off for the self-employed.  I've yet to have an expense outside of my monthly payment, I don't really care about cars to mod them and I don't want any headaches from them.  It works for me.  Maybe I've spent more over that time frame and sure I would've saved if I had a basic car, I'm not worried about it.  I really couldn't care less what anyone else thinks, just figured I'd chime  in.

My only thing with the lease if you dont Buy it at the end you walk away with nothing. Financing you can sell even if its only worth half what you paid

Yep, you can finance a car at 5 years and have a car in the end. With that lease, you are putting money down yr 1, then when the lease is up, you have to put money down again to start another lease in year 4.

Leasing serves it's purpose but it's silly in my opinion to try and claim that leasing is a better financial decision than buying, unless you are only keeping a car for 2-3 years.

Yep, you can finance a car at 5 years and have a car in the end. With that lease, you are putting money down yr 1, then when the lease is up, you have to put money down again to start another lease in year 4.

Leasing serves it's purpose but it's silly in my opinion to try and claim that leasing is a better financial decision than buying, unless you are only keeping a car for 2-3 years.

That's the point that pro-buying heads can't understand. They're so caught up in wanting the outcome to own something that they can't understand that some people just want a new car every couple years without committing.

Back
Top Bottom