\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

couple questions though, how big of a hit on quality are you taking if you buy BBS RS reps over an authentic set?

and where online is a good spot for OEM wheels? there's a Pick A Part like 5 min away but I need a backup in case I can't find these CL and Saab wheels in good shape.
you can buy some oem BMW bbs wheels for cheap and use wheel adapters

Look at this freakin steal my buddy found on CL.  He was first in line to go look at it tomorrow but the guy called him tonight and said someone put a down payment on it 
mean.gif

How the hell is this guy only selling it for 11k!!!?????

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4353594662.html

Look at this freakin steal my buddy found on CL.  He was first in line to go look at it tomorrow but the guy called him tonight and said someone put a down payment on it 
mean.gif

Too good to be true
exactly what i said when he sent it to me. i figured it was one of those CL scams where you contact the person and they aren't even in your state and they want u to send them a check for the car. but it wasn't, it was legit he talked to the guy all day and sent him a bunch of pics. 

at this point im not sure if this is an inside joke or if hes really this salty i cant take dude seriously anymore :lol:
:lol:

I love how this inside joke is giving us a few laughs and even a mini derailment.
:rofl:

Flyknitlvr
Why did you have it and why you gotta turn it in soon?
I just got my baby back today actually.
She'd been away for 12 days.
Since that infamous post. :lol:

Last edited:
^ it's my bros and he's on vacay. Didn't want a car prior but now I'm commited to a 997.2 or 991 (lease for the 991 if it makes sense). Got an i3 on order for business but no way that's gonna scratch the itch the M5 left me with. I'll take a peak at the M4 as well. It's a big commitment so I gotta make sure it makes sense.

Last edited:

mean.gif

Too good to be true
exactly what i said when he sent it to me. i figured it was one of those CL scams where you contact the person and they aren't even in your state and they want u to send them a check for the car. but it wasn't, it was legit he talked to the guy all day and sent him a bunch of pics. 
11K!  I see it's an auto which knocks it down in value, but please tell me it's not a TT.  If it is this is the steal of the century!

11K!  I see it's an auto which knocks it down in value, but please tell me it's not a TT.  If it is this is the steal of the century!
it is TT. Blue book on it is $30,558 
sick.gif
Unreal man!  In comparison there is a super clean black on tan 98 TT 6-speed with 27K on the odo going for 65K on ebay right now!  I could only dream of buying this car at or around blue book.  Gives me some hope that there are still deals out there

Never know about the TT. Could be salvage title or something. I don't trust anyone these days. Last time I saw an FD rx7 that was cheap, it ended up being one of those "Oh I am away deployed with the military, send me a check".....

Never know about the TT. Could be salvage title or something. I don't trust anyone these days. Last time I saw an FD rx7 that was cheap, it ended up being one of those "Oh I am away deployed with the military, send me a check".....
Nah it wasn't a "send me a check" thing. But that's also what i suspected when i saw the ad.  The car was local and he was scheduled to look at it this morning. Here is what my buddy told me

"According to the son(a middle aged dude) his dad had a stroke and can no longer drive, he lives in San Jose but the dad is in auburn with the car, I was going to look tomorrow and buy it but somebody sent a down payment on it tonight Guy was actually really straight up, was nice to talk to, anyways he wants rid of it and the low price would speed the sale, I'm bummed I didn't think if the down payment first"

Last edited:
Look at this freakin steal my buddy found on CL.  He was first in line to go look at it tomorrow but the guy called him tonight and said someone put a down payment on it :smh:

so was s scam ..got flagged

Dont think so man. Like I said my buddy talked to the guy and almost had the car until someone put a down payment.

Plus getting flagged means nothing. I've had my ads flagged tons of times for no good reason. Just CL haters

Im betting for the price of the A5 you coudda gotten the meaner, more aggressive (and faster) 335i...

But hey, Quattro. 
pimp.gif

Thanks guys, its the 2.0T fully loaded. Its the only one I drove so I cant compare it to the 3.2

There was less than 5 within 3-400 miles of me and only 2 in black. The first one I went to look at was awful, luckily this one made up for it 100 times over.

In my opinion its not underpowered per say, just not super fast, but Im coming from my old STI will make me bias. I didnt buy it for power though, I get my lean on in it like a BOSS.

Getting it tinted on Monday and doing a few other small things. Trying not to blow all my money on it............yet lol

Look at this freakin steal my buddy found on CL.  He was first in line to go look at it tomorrow but the guy called him tonight and said someone put a down payment on it :smh:

Too good to be true

what car is it? pics? link doesnt work

i assume its a scam since hes selling for 11k and its worth 30k

just because hes in the area and hes answering messages doesnt mean much

I see 335is everyday of the week.....these not so much.
True. I just think the A5 is starting to look a bit dated, atleast not aggressive, the front end anyway. The rest of the car + interior is gorgeous though.

335i has a classic front end that I dont think will look dated for years.

Them kidneys. 
pimp.gif

And Zyzz its a Supra.

Last edited:

I see 335is everyday of the week.....these not so much.

True. I just think the A5 is starting to look a bit dated, atleast not aggressive, the front end anyway. The rest of the car + interior is gorgeous though.

335i has a classic front end that I dont think will look dated for years.

Them kidneys. :pimp:  

And Zyzz its a Supra.

They both are starting to look dated IMO. The A5 used to break my neck a few years ago when it first came on the scene with those LED lights in the front. Now they are just ok to me like G37's

Still very nice cars though and cars I have considered getting, they just don't wow me like they used to.

Back
Top Bottom