\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Been talking to my boy and he said the best time to cop a car is right around the end of December...

Any truth to this?

He said because they dot want to pay taxes on the inventory, and many of them can't hit their goals because people ain't buying whips when its cold...

Also...

Can I get a solid challenger r/t manual for $20k?

It depends if your state prorates taxes or not. If they prorate you have no more leverage than any other time of year, but if they don't it can be a lot of incentive for them to sell and avoid a years worth of taxes. Keep in mind though, if your state doesn't pro rate and you buy the car in late December, you'll still be stuck with paying taxes for the whole year of 2014. Even though you only had it for less than a month for that year.

U wot m8? We got steep *** hills where I live. If there's a car behind you you have to use the e brake. On vehicles with no hill assist. Hill assist holds the car too long too.

If you know where your catch point is, you don't need to use the e brake, no matter how steep the hill is. Stay on the brake (the normal one) while you let the clutch out until it's at the catch point (right before the vehicless stalls). Take your foot off the brake while you add a little gas, and voila, no roll back.

As for Hill assist, I never knew that was a thing that even existed :lol:

Last edited:
E-brake on hills is a rookie move imo. Really isn't that hard to let off the brake and give it extra gas while letting out the clutch in less than a second or so. If done right you will maybe only roll back a few inches before moving forward. On a sidenote, washed the car today. Nice and shiny. Haven't posted pics in a while, removed the aftermarket gold decals and put on cherry blossom red OEM ones. 

I know I'm going to stall, that's the most discouraging part about it. :lol:

Everyone who learns manual stalls at some point though, it's really not a big deal. It becomes second nature soon enough. I get bored when I drive autos now

Me neither this is the first im hearing of it 
laugh.gif

Chrome 20s, side window louvers, and a k&n cool air. And a ridiculously big spoiler I was able to swap out for stock for 40 dollars off of Craigslist
Pics? lol gotta see what this spoiler thing is you're talking about :lol:

This picture doesnt really show how big and annoying it was but its the only one i have with it installed. It would like shake real bad at freeway speeds and was just obnoxious. i think it caused Scion tc's and Cobalt ss' to try and race me
Pics? lol gotta see what this spoiler thing is you're talking about
:lol:

Last edited:
Ok, ran into a snag here:

Found a '13 camaro for 20,989. Stood my ground and negotiated the terms and stuff to get my payments to $323 a month, cool.

Turns out: they bait and switch my financing so I HAD to use theirsinstead of my credit union's without my permission or even inquiring, saying we'll match the rate :smh: basically, since I didn't give them an additional down payment, they were going to recoup it in their financing for an extra $800.

Luckily, I haven't given them my down payment and they have to re-write the contract with my down payment reflected so technically, I don't own the car.

What are my options here? I feel like walking away...just pissed that I wasted 6 hours of my life.

TL;DR
-Found Car
-Got Payments for good price w/o putting down more down payment
-Bait and switch auto loans from mine to theirs without asking in order to get an extra $800
-haven't given then said down payment so I don't own the car
-HALP.

Ok, ran into a snag here:

Found a '13 camaro for 20,989. Stood my ground and negotiated the terms and stuff to get my payments to $323 a month, cool.

Turns out: they bait and switch my financing so I HAD to use theirsinstead of my credit union's without my permission or even inquiring, saying we'll match the rate :smh: basically, since I didn't give them an additional down payment, they were going to recoup it in their financing for an extra $800.

Luckily, I haven't given them my down payment and they have to re-write the contract with my down payment reflected so technically, I don't own the car.

What are my options here? I feel like walking away...just pissed that I wasted 6 hours of my life.

TL;DR
-Found Car
-Got Payments for good price w/o putting down more down payment
-Bait and switch auto loans from mine to theirs without asking in order to get an extra $800
-haven't given then said down payment so I don't own the car
-HALP.
I'm not the most car centric guy...

But anytime I do business and someone pulls something shady like that, o immediately walk away.

The allure of a new whip will wear off soon...

But you will still be stuck with the dealership

fontaine fontaine

Right so do I. So now, I would have to sign a new contract with the down payment reflected because I signed one with $0 down. I should be clear of the car since the contract is being rewritten right?

EDIT: I signed it then it was shredded.

Last edited:
If it was shredded your good. I'd call them and tell them your not a fan of the bait and switch so you'll be taking your business elsewhere and if they want to sell the car you'll be providing your own financing and you want to deal with the manager directly.

damn thats dirty

id go visit them and tell em that was unprofessional and shady and that you dont want to do business with them, end of story.

I'd probably take my business elsewhere, but it's not an uncommon practice.

Dealers always want you to go through their financiers. That's how they make their money.

Back
Top Bottom