\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

congrats! i've read nothing but good things about the ST

Thank you. I've actually had it since September 2013, when they first started dropping.

Incredibly fun car. The accolades it continues to receive are icing on the cake.

I've only done small, cosmetic mods to it so far, but some engine bolt ons, an exhaust, a tune (mountune mtune), and some springs are hopefully next. Next spring?

Ok, ran into a snag here:

Found a '13 camaro for 20,989. Stood my ground and negotiated the terms and stuff to get my payments to $323 a month, cool.

Turns out: they bait and switch my financing so I HAD to use theirsinstead of my credit union's without my permission or even inquiring, saying we'll match the rate :smh: basically, since I didn't give them an additional down payment, they were going to recoup it in their financing for an extra $800.

Luckily, I haven't given them my down payment and they have to re-write the contract with my down payment reflected so technically, I don't own the car.

What are my options here? I feel like walking away...just pissed that I wasted 6 hours of my life.

TL;DR
-Found Car
-Got Payments for good price w/o putting down more down payment
-Bait and switch auto loans from mine to theirs without asking in order to get an extra $800
-haven't given then said down payment so I don't own the car
-HALP.

If you're even feeling any type of negative vibes, walk away. Better than getting into a contract and having remorse.

There will be other vehicles down the road, patience is key

I remember going to get a new sedan last year. Ended up trying to get a Camry or an Avalon for travel. They tried to corner me in to bad business, said I had no options. I said cool, walked out. They blew my phone up. Went to the Mac Haik dealer down the road and pulled off in a big body. Can't complain at all.

Been talking to my boy and he said the best time to cop a car is right around the end of December...

Any truth to this?

He said because they dot want to pay taxes on the inventory, and many of them can't hit their goals because people ain't buying whips when its cold...

Also...

Can I get a solid challenger r/t manual for $20k?

It's going to be very tough to pull that off. Especially if you want nice features in the car. I dunno, bro.

I'm clear! I never took delivery and never drove off with the car so we're good over this way.

I'm just going to let my Credit Union put in work for me....Anyone ever have any luck with the auto locator? I gave the lady the most ridiculous things to search for and she actually found something :lol:

It's going to be very tough to pull that off. Especially if you want nice features in the car. I dunno, bro.
$25k might be better for an rt Challenger...

I'm going that I can get something with less than 40k in miles...

I copped my current whip with 22k and 3 years old (old lady that never drove it).

Right now, I'm at 150k, 5 years in... And no major issues...

Hell... No minor issues... Just tire and oil maintenance.

I dunno... I have plans on going back to grad school in 16 so I might try to hold off and use my signing bonus money to ball out on a whip. :lol:

Bait and switch your financing? Bruh if they quote u apr and your payment. They can take it anywhere they want unless u bring your own financing. That point it's an either or contract. If they changed the APR on you than that's a diff story.

Pic from my way home earlier today...rainy out 
ohwell.gif

This picture doesnt really show how big and annoying it was but its the only one i have with it installed. It would like shake real bad at freeway speeds and was just obnoxious. i think it caused Scion tc's and Cobalt ss' to try and race me
:lol: looks a little too ricer. Good thing you got rid of it I'd rather be spoiler less

I said that I had MY OWN financing. They switched mine with theirs.

Why not just refinance?

When I bought my car, the mfg added extra incentive for using its financial service, so I took it (3.99%) and refi about 6mo later for a nice 1.29%

Last edited:
:lol: looks a little too ricer. Good thing you got rid of it I'd rather be spoiler less

Agreed I'd really like to have a Saleen or cobra style but the stock gt style is still decent expecially for 40 bucks. I'd like to get a different hood and change the color to all black

Why not just refinance?

When I bought my car, the mfg added extra incentive for using its financial service, so I took it (3.99%) and refi about 6mo later for a nice 1.29%

What they did was match my rates at my credit union but ADDED $800 to the financing price, essentially raising the price of the car.

What sucks is that I was already attached to the car :lol: I know it sounds cheesy but it was a '13 CPO with 14k miles.

Agreed I'd really like to have a Saleen or cobra style but the stock gt style is still decent expecially for 40 bucks. I'd like to get a different hood and change the color to all black
I'll be getting a gt500 spoiler for mine soon :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom