\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Been driving manual since I was 10 in an empty lot at my pops work and driving manual on streets since 16 and I never mastered manual + hill lol. I rolled back and crashed into some dude and his girl in dodger stadium gahaha jumped out the car to apologize and noticed they were all drinking turned and just walked back in the car like nothing happened lol

hahahahah

Get a Cobb accessport

Would have definitely copped that early, but mountune uses a Cobb Accessport for their mtune, and it is covered under warranty.

$1229 gets you their version of the Cobb Accessport (locked to their tune), induction kit (bigger airbox, filter, and hose), +18 HP, +34 ft/lb torque, while keeping the warranty intact.

http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MP215-Performance-Upgrade-p/2364-215-aa.htm

reflashing the ECU is covered under ford's warranty? :nerd:

When this is installed by a Ford dealer, yes. Mountune worked very closely with Ford to get this going. Same vein as Roush for Ford.

From the website:

Rev. July 15, 2014

Ford Motor Company, The American Road, Dearborn, MI 48025, provides a Limited Warranty on select Ford

Racing and mountune[emoji]174[/emoji] Performance Parts as described herein when installed on late model Ford vehicles. This

warranty works in conjunction with -- and does not void -- the Manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. It is

valid for the original retail purchaser of the vehicle and is transferable to subsequent vehicle owners.

Performance Packs and Component Parts

Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when installed

on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., or mountune LLC.

The Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon dealer installation and registration of the

part(s) with Ford Racing and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres,

whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Installation of these select Ford Racing and mountune LLC warranted performance packs and

components by an authorized dealer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline

and suspension concerns not caused by Ford Racing Performance Parts remain eligible for warranty coverage

according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Ford Racing and mountune LLC performance parts are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Racing and

mountune performance parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even

when operating properly, Ford Racing and mountune performance parts, such as these, have the potential to

adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Racing or

mountune performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Racing Limited Warranty applies

to the repairs.

Premium Fuel Requirement: Customers who purchase power upgrade packs, cold air kits with calibration,

TracKey/Track Cal engine calibrations, or superchargers are required to use 91-octane or higher fuels at all

times. Any failures associated with the non-use of premium 91-octane fuel will be ineligible for warranty repair.

FR3 Performance Handling Pack Note: Performance handling packs are designed for "Track Day" ride and

handling. Such performance standards suggest the vehicle ride will be more indicative of race performance

vehicles. Certain vehicle conditions including, but not limited to, squeaks, rattles and harsh ride related to

Performance Handling Pack will not be covered under this Limited Warranty. The performance handling pack

requires the use of original equipment size wheels only. This performance handling application should be

expected to accelerate tire wear. Premature tire degradation will not be covered under this Limited Warranty.

The front end alignment must be checked and adjusted as necessary after installation. Contact the Ford

Performance Call Center at (800) 367-3788 or [email protected] for front end alignment information.

Warranty Registration: This limited warranty requires that parts must be purchased from an authorized Ford

Racing Dealer and installed by a Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby Automotive, Inc., or mountune LLC. Proof of

purchase is required for submission of warranty claims. Registration for this warranty must be submitted by a

Ford Dealer, Shelby Automotive, Inc., or mountune LLC through the Ford Performance Call Center (800)367-

3788 or [email protected] with Dealer P&A Code, the vehicle identification number (VIN), part installation repair

order and date, Ford Racing part number, and owner information.

Last edited:
I have a stupid noob question. What exactly determines fuel consumption in a car? Is it the amount of cylinders or how many liters the engine has?

I
hate the new civic coupes but thats pretty clean.

Drop, tints, and nice fitting rims do wonders for literally any car.
agreed

Dude with the E93 ///M who just bought the GT-R is running mid-low 10's on bolt-ons, E85 and a tune. :x

The transmission plays a very important role, but still.
que? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Get a Cobb accessport

Would have definitely copped that early, but mountune uses a Cobb Accessport for their mtune, and it is covered under warranty.

$1229 gets you their version of the Cobb Accessport (locked to their tune), induction kit (bigger airbox, filter, and hose), +18 HP, +34 ft/lb torque, while keeping the warranty intact.

http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MP215-Performance-Upgrade-p/2364-215-aa.htm

That's pretty dope. Anything I do to my ECU, supposedly gets recorded in some type of black box, even if I were to flash it back to stock. Once I do anything to the ECU, bye bye warranty.

Going to void it in the near future, doe. :evil:

You're right about the "black box" analogy. If they look hard enough, there will always be proof that you flashed. How I understand it is that even if the flash voids warranty, is it only if the issue that arises can be traced back to the flash. Which the dealer will most likely always claim, but you know what I mean.

If there wasn't this route for me to flash and keep warranty, I would have thrown caution to the wind and run it. No problems reported from owners of the Fiesta Cobb Accessport yet.

Get a Cobb accessport

Take the car to a reputable shop and get a real dyno tune.  a million times better than the generic off-the-shelf maps cobb throws onto their accessports.

and $1229 
sick.gif

Get a Cobb accessport

Take the car to a reputable shop and get a real dyno tune.  a million times better than the generic off-the-shelf maps cobb throws onto their accessports.

and $1229 :x

Agreed but your basically paying to keep your warranty

Get a Cobb accessport

and $1229 :x

Agreed but your basically paying to keep your warranty

He said it's for the induction kit as well, still pricey but you're right. It's like paying for Dinan products on a BMW.

Correct

Some people dont want to worry and you cant really put a price on peace of mind

so my car started overheating. looked into the cooling fan and one stopped working. luckily infiniti extended this warranty for 8 years or 100k. paid nothing and got a free car wash from them too lol :smokin

Ive owned almost 10 cars now and this one is by far the worst one Ive owned.

Audi most have **** the bed with this model A5, already had the turbo and driveshaft replaced and just dropped it off today for more repairs 
mean.gif

indifferent.gif

Last edited:
Ive owned almost 10 cars now and this one is by far the worst one Ive owned.

Audi most have **** the bed with this model A5, already had the turbo and driveshaft replaced and just dropped it off today for more repairs :smh:  

:stoneface:  

man its either I have bad luck with cars or cars are just not made to last anymore.

thank god for extended warranties

It's going to be very tough to pull that off. Especially if you want nice features in the car. I dunno, bro.
$25k might be better for an rt Challenger...

I'm going that I can get something with less than 40k in miles...

I copped my current whip with 22k and 3 years old (old lady that never drove it).

Right now, I'm at 150k, 5 years in... And no major issues...

Hell... No minor issues... Just tire and oil maintenance.

I dunno... I have plans on going back to grad school in 16 so I might try to hold off and use my signing bonus money to ball out on a whip. :lol:

Ahhhh....ok, didn't know u were looking at used. I still think it's gonna be tough to get it at 20K. I'm thinking for a 2013 RT with sub-40K miles, you can probably cop for around 22K or so. Can't hurt to go in and try to negotiate, tho.

I don't get the Cam gif.

Why get an auto SS Camaro? That's a waste. Might as well get a Charger.
Unless you have a family to haul around, four doors are lame.. An auto Camaro is a "waste" but an auto Charger isn't? That makes sense. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom