\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Dat Accord. What rims are those?

I need my Si to look like that. Probably gonna keep it atleast for the next two years.

Are spacers on stock rims a bad idea?

That's a sweet G on the last page and the Honda up there. Congrats on the new IS K Kaleo15 Looks :smokin
And congrats on the new Max too @PRIME. And Waldorf Ford & Dodge? That's where I bought my car from two years ago too. :nerd:
Nice seeing another southern MD NT'er lol

Are spacers on stock rims a bad idea?
i've been contemplating this as well. 

It really depends how thick of the spacer it is. I believe 15mm is the thickest you can go without replacing wheel studs.

Or you could use wheel adapters but I wouldn't recommend that... I've read many horror stories.

I'm using 20mm spacers in the front and 25mm on the back on my Accord. Had to use longer studs (which was a ***** putting in)

It really depends how thick of the spacer it is. I believe 15mm is the thickest you can go without replacing wheel studs.

Or you could use wheel adapters but I wouldn't recommend that... I've read many horror stories.

I'm using 20mm spacers in the front and 25mm on the back on my Accord. Had to use longer studs (which was a ***** putting in)
most do 20-25mm for my car too.  how long have you used them tho?  any highway vibrations?  lots of people on my forums seem to have issues with that.  are adapters different than spacers? 

most do 20-25mm for my car too.  how long have you used them tho?  any highway vibrations?  lots of people on my forums seem to have issues with that.  are adapters different than spacers? 

Spacer size depends on offset of the wheels and how much poke is desired.

I've used spacers on my M3 for couple years until I got rims that had the correct offsets, and been using spacers on my daily driver for a few months now.

Spacers can absolutely cause vibrations, make sure the spacer is perfecting seated on the hub, or else you may encounter vibrations.

Adapters are different than spacers. Adapters will chance bolt pattern (while providing spacing). Some guys use spacers to use 5x114 on a 5x120 hub.

Spacers just push the wheels outwards.

Spacer size depends on offset of the wheels and how much poke is desired.

I've used spacers on my M3 for couple years until I got rims that had the correct offsets, and been using spacers on my daily driver for a few months now.

Spacers can absolutely cause vibrations, make sure the spacer is perfecting seated on the hub, or else you may encounter vibrations.

Adapters are different than spacers. Adapters will chance bolt pattern (while providing spacing). Some guys use spacers to use 5x114 on a 5x120 hub.

Spacers just push the wheels outwards.

This is very true.

Most of the horror stories i've heard had to do with the quality of the studs used on the wheel adapters.

And like dude said, if you have the right size hubcentric bore size (I believe Hyundai is 67.1?)

Anything bigger will cause vibrations, and anything smaller will not fit.

Last edited:
good stuff.  finally understand what hubcentric spacers mean lol.  definitely no to adapters.  might do spacers, but tbh it's kind of low on the priority list, since it's only for looks.  but i do envy cars that have that nice even flush stance

good stuff.  finally understand what hubcentric spacers mean lol.  definitely no to adapters.  might do spacers, but tbh it's kind of low on the priority list, since it's only for looks.  but i do envy cars that have that nice even flush stance

Honestly, my personal advice, is just find wheels with a low offset.

Picked this up yesterday. 2012 mazdapseed3 fully loaded.

Fantastic condition no scratches or dents anywhere and the color I wanted. A decent replacement to my evo x when I sell her

Picked this up yesterday. 2012 mazdapseed3 fully loaded.

Fantastic condition no scratches or dents anywhere and the color I wanted. A decent replacement to my evo x when I sell her
congrats whats the price im interested on one of these

congrats whats the price im interested on one of these

Bought it for 19k flat from a private party 20500 miles on the odometer, no mods at all family driven car.

Easily my favorite fwd car... Awesome pickup dude...

Thanks fam, yeah it's a very good car, very raw in terms of power, my wife has a 2015 gti and her car is a nice ride as a whole while the speed3 is all about power lol. The ride is bumpy too, almost feels like my evo

Nice pick up @EvoXR1. Best color for sure.  My good buddy has a speed 3 as well. He had an 07 and then recently got the newer one. Definitely a fun car, stock vs stock it feels faster than Evo's.

What made you wan't to switch from the Evo to an FWD car?

my buddies:

15428059496_6e4ef3e749_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pick up @EvoXR1
. Best color for sure.  My good buddy has a speed 3 as well. He had an 07 and then recently got the newer one. Definitely a fun car, stock vs stock it feels faster than Evo's.

my buddies:

Nice 8 fam.

I got the speed 3 because I'm selling my evo x so that I can pay off the rest of my student loans and pay of my credit card and my wife's credit card. Saves us an extra 450 bucks a month. I'll most likely get another evo in the future, just trying to do what's best for my family right now

Nice pick up @EvoXR1
. Best color for sure.  My good buddy has a speed 3 as well. He had an 07 and then recently got the newer one. Definitely a fun car, stock vs stock it feels faster than Evo's.

my buddies:

Nice 8 fam.

I got the speed 3 because I'm selling my evo x so that I can pay off the rest of my student loans and pay of my credit card and my wife's credit card. Saves us an extra 450 bucks a month. I'll most likely get another evo in the future, just trying to do what's best for my family right now

How very mature lol... And honestly, with the simular power levels, you probably won't even notice much if a difference in every day driving... You seem past your hooning days...

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom