\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What's up guys, long time lurker since I didn't really have a car of my own to post. But times have changed and with all the vw talk, i thought I'd post it now.

Plan on going stage 1 during the summer.
But for now I'm just planning on getting some good rubber and maybe an exhaust for them dsg farts

Ran a 15.2 at the quarter mile today :lol: First time ever at a track and never launched or even prepped tires. I want my time to get better now. It's addicting.

Need some advice fam. So I only have a few more payments left on the stang. I owe about 5k still. Have about 95k miles now. You guys think I should just finish paying it off or trade it in for a newer stang? 2013+ (GT of course)
Either I trade now or I finish paying it and save up a little cash, sell the stang, and probably get a 15+ But that'll be another year or so.

Last edited:
Need some advice fam. So I only have a few more payments left on the stang. I owe about 5k still. Have about 95k miles now. You guys think I should just finish paying it off or trade it in for a newer stang? 2013+

Chances are, once it hits 100k miles, the price will drop a bit and be more difficult to move. I say get rid of it now.

Thinking I should just sell it, pay what I owe and cop a cheap daily for now. That way I won't worry about monthly payments and high insurance so I can really save for what I really want.

Just sold a c63 with 105k miles. Almost wished I traded it in for a while because I put ads up on craigslist, cars.com, and autotrader for $18k and kept getting offers for $12k-$15k when I felt $18k was already pretty aggressive. Eventually found a buyer that was happy to pay $18k. Felt like he would have bought it even if I had kept it at the $20k I originally listed it at. Same thing happened with a Ducati I sold a few years ago. Had it listed around $10k and kept getting offers for $7k. Almost caved in and said eff it, but then a guy contacted me and was happy to pay $10k for it without negotiating at all.

So depending on how much patience you have, you're usually better off selling it on your own rather than trading it in. Just know that you'll get a whole bunch of lowball offers either from people just trying to flip the car for a profit or from people trying to get a car for a good deal, but in the end, the right buyer usually comes along eventually...just be prepared for the time it'll take. Took me just about a month to sell my car and about the same time to sell the Ducati.

I also ended up putting my c63 for sale on eBay. Auction still had like 3 days left, but it was already at like $16.5k. I thought I had a chance of getting closer to $20k there, but when the local guy came to get it for $18k, I decided to just sell it, because you never know if the eBay sale will fall through in the end or not. After I sold it, I contemplated letting the auction keep running just to see where it would have ended, but then figured I'd just be pissed at myself if I saw it did go way higher than $18k so I decided to just end it :lol:

Yeah I'm prepared to deal with low ballers :lol:
Definitely not in a rush to sell. Thanks for the tips

Need some advice fam. So I only have a few more payments left on the stang. I owe about 5k still. Have about 95k miles now. You guys think I should just finish paying it off or trade it in for a newer stang? 2013+ (GT of course)
Either I trade now or I finish paying it and save up a little cash, sell the stang, and probably get a 15+ But that'll be another year or so.

Do you have the 5K on hand to pay it off and get the title?

Because if not it's going to extra work to sell it.

Went to the dealership today.
Got to test drive a few whips.
I wasn't too sold. Gotta keep looking

Ran a 15.2 at the quarter mile today :lol: First time ever at a track and never launched or even prepped tires. I want my time to get better now. It's addicting.

Weird. Even stock BRZ's like the ones you "killed" could've beaten you if they were at the drag strip, crazy :lol:

Last edited:

Weird. Even stock BRZ's like the ones you "killed" could've beaten you if they were at the drag strip, crazy :lol:
Launch was horrible (I spun hard and didn't prep my tires). I've done a BRZ from a dig and took off (didn't just floor it like I did at the track). The other frs was from a roll, and well you know how that goes lmao

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom