\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

If there are any 2013-2016 Accord owners here there is a re-call on them for having battery gap issues. Mainly for folks that drive where it snows.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

"NHTSA RECALL NUMBER: 17V-418
MFR CAMPAIGN ID: KG0
CAMPAIGN DESCRIPTION: BMS Sensor Repair/Replace
RECALL DATE: 06/29/2017
RECALL STATUS: 17 Character VIN Required

SUMMARY:
AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. (HONDA) IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2013 - 2016 ACCORD VEHICLES. IN CERTAIN VEHICLES, THE PLASTIC CASE OF THE BATTERY SENSOR MAY HAVE GAPS THAT ALLOW MOISTURE TO ENTER THE SENSOR.

SAFETY RISK:
IF MOISTURE CONTAINING CONDUCTIVE SUBSTANCES (SUCH AS ROAD SALT) ENTERS THE BATTERY SENSOR, IT COULD CAUSE AN ELECTRICAL SHORT AND SUBSEQUENTLY, A FIRE.

REMEDY:
HONDA WILL NOTIFY OWNERS IN AN INTERIM NOTIFICATION AND REQUEST THEY PLEASE CALL ANY AUTHORIZED HONDA DEALER AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO HAVE THE INTERIM REMEDY PERFORMED ON THEIR VEHICLE. THE DEALER WILL INSPECT THE BATTERY SENSOR AND, IF IT IS IN GOOD CONDITION, APPLY AN ADHESIVE TO THE BATTERY SENSOR CASE TO PREVENT MOISTURE ENTRY. IF INSPECTION REVEALS THAT THE BATTERY SENSOR IS FAULTY OR CORRODED, THE DEALER WILL REPLACE THE SENSOR WITH A NEW PART. IF THE BATTERYSENSOR WAS NOT REPLACED ON YOUR VEHICLE, HONDA WILL WILL SEND A SECOND NOTIFICATION TO YOU IN THE FALL OF 2017 WHEN PARTS BECOME AVAILABLE TO REPAIR YOUR VEHICLE. FOR ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS OR TO GET HELP LOCATING A DEALER, OWNERS MAY CONTACT AMERICAN HONDA'S CUSTOMER SUPPORT & CAMPAIGN CENTER AT 1-888-234-2138. HONDA'S NUMBER FOR THIS RECALL IS KG0."

Never seen this before, gah damn!

Last edited:
I am sure to get flames from saying this but I HATE Miata's and Prius. Maybe not Miata's but more Miata drivers, I know there are some good ones out there.

I think its time to part ways with my 1st gen IS300.

I started looking into the ISF. Anyone here own one of these?

I know they are pretty rare

70k for all carbon fiber doesn't seem like the worse deal and taking the time to make all of the weave go in one direction makes it seem like there's some serious thought to it

Last edited:
IMG_20170717_105329_603.jpg

70k for all carbon fiber doesn't seem like the worse deal and taking the time to make all of the weave go in one direction makes it seem like there's some serious thought to it
It's not bad but I would think carbon fiber costs have dropped a lot more than that by now. Also they need to list some performance specs with the entire carbon fiber body.

titang545 titang545 As far as I know ( which admittedly may not be saying much ) CF is still pretty hard to make.

And I agree. As far as the car and performance is concerned I'd wonder how well it's able to put all of the power down being so much lighter with no additional downforce over the standard 350R

titang545 titang545 As far as I know ( which admittedly may not be saying much ) CF is still pretty hard to make.

And I agree. As far as the car and performance is concerned I'd wonder how well it's able to put all of the power down being so much lighter with no additional downforce over the standard 350R
I'm sure it is hard to make however I figured by this time we would have streamlined and brought down the cost. Meh maybe it is at a break even point cost versus effort.

Here are my cars, bought the Tundra brand new but after putting 66K miles on it in two years I needed another car to ease the miles on her. I bought a 97 Lexus SC400 and drive her daily, has about 228K miles and still runs strong. Once she gets a little longer in the tooth and hits 24 I will change the engine and put a 2JZ Supra engine in it.

Then my fun car is a 1973 Datsun 240z that is currently in the bodyshop getting a total overhaul as you can see the body was a mess. The RB25 engine is being worked on down in Florida and hopefully will be done soon. The attached picture is at the guys house I bought it from and all the stuff that came with it.
Tundra.JPG Lexus.JPG unnamed.jpg

I think its time to part ways with my 1st gen IS300.

I started looking into the ISF. Anyone here own one of these?

I know they are pretty rare

Test drove one and wasn't super impressed, was not a night and day difference besides power compared it my IS350.

They are rare though and the interior isn't dated for their age, exhaust note is very nice as well.

Test drove one and wasn't super impressed, was not a night and day difference besides power compared it my IS350.

They are rare though and the interior isn't dated for their age, exhaust note is very nice as well.
Interior of the IS350 isn't dated? I am surprised how forward thinking Lexus was in general, way ahead of their competition in technology back in the day.

No it was done on a dynojet. The numbers would be lower on a mustang dyno. While I agree with you that the drivetrain loss is more significant with an awd, how would you expect a car with 305hp and 290 tq to the crank stock to make 300 whp and 340 wtq?

Buy a car where the auto manufacturer doesn't inflate numbers to sell units :lol:

My GTI is "rates at 210/258" but consistently makes 235/270 across all users

Thoughts on getting a CPO 2012 BMW 750Li, 82K miles for $23K?

Will be for weekend ride to stunt lol

Worried about maintenance and all that

Buy a car where the auto manufacturer doesn't inflate numbers to sell units :lol:

My GTI is "rates at 210/258" but consistently makes 235/270 across all users
My Si is advertised as 205 hp and 192 lbs and apparently it makes that to the wheels not to the crank so that was a plus. Loving the car so far

Back
Top Bottom