\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

3E108AA0-3B9D-45A7-86B4-46456F0D3916.jpeg
CA318FB3-1BFB-4847-99C7-B40B568F15D2.jpeg

Posted these before but here you go...went with the exl model and I like it...but like everybody said different strokes for different folks

^^^^Nice. I want the white Sport model with the black grill.

Anyone have tips on getting the best deals from a dealership? I was reading online and one person said to literally get quotes from every (in this case) local Honda dealer to see who has the best price. Tell them they are willing to get the car today and see which place budges on a good deal. The MSRP for the Accord Sport 1.5L is $26,670. I want to see if I can get the car for like $24,000-25,000 out the door.

Call me crazy, and this idea might sound far fetched, but I honestly could see myself getting a GT-R within the next decade or so. Given my career opportunity at my current job it'll be attainable with a proper down payment, interest rate, and loan term. After seeing them perform at the track in person and their power potential with consistency I can say I have a newfound respect for them.
Gtrs have always been a performer wy been at?
Dont see why it would take you a decade to get a gtr im sure you can get an older one low 40s.
Couldnt see myself buying a new gtr much rather have a stingray

Gtrs have always been a performer wy been at?
Dont see why it would take you a decade to get a gtr im sure you can get an older one low 40s.
Couldnt see myself buying a new gtr much rather have a stingray
Oh I know they’ve been a top performer for a while but actually seeing it in person was an eye opener. I’m always seeing videos of GTR this and that and in my opinion it got played out really quick, but seeing them live going down the track opened my eyes. Theoretically speaking after about 4 years I could pay about half of a used 60k GTR and finance the rest but I’m trying to line things up for a house and focus on paying the GTI off first. A C7 (or C8 by that time) would also be an option as I almost got a C6 in 2016 before we found out about the little one.

Do people hate CVTs cause there are no actual gears and the ride is just not as real as a normal car? Or do they perform worse than a regular AT?

Do people hate CVTs cause there are no actual gears and the ride is just not as real as a normal car? Or do they perform worse than a regular AT?

I hate the gearless driving and the feeling of a slipping clutch when you step on it. It takes the fun out of driving. I also don't like that it can be jerky. They are known to have problems. CVT stutter at low speeds is common. Higher maintenance. Higher failure rate. Annoying CVT whine when they heat up. Also, if you live around mountainous areas or around steep hills they can easily overheat. Also more expensive to replace.

I have been watching a ton of reviews of the car and although most are positive, it's hard to not read the comments and notice how almost everyone hates the design of the car as apposed to last year's model. I do like 2018 model but I am also not a huge car enthusiast like I used to be so I do listen to other people's opinions just in fear if I am not seeing something with my "untrained" eye. Also I am hearing the Accord isn't selling as well either so that's sort of why I wanted to ask people's opinions here to see what other cars are good in the market. By the end of it, I'll decide but still just wanted to hear different opinions.

It's not selling well not because it's a bad car (it won NA Car of the Year) but because people are buying crossovers and Honda's lease offers on it are awful. Also with how much bigger the Civic is I think it's eating into Accord sales.

Thoughts on/experience with CVT?

If I had a choice of transmissions in front of me, the CVT would be the last one I'd pick.

So actually right now is the time to buy an accord. I saw they’re going for thousands off msrp since they’re selling so badly. Get you the 2.0t for the price of the 1.5

Ended up trading in my Mazda and got a 2015 rav4. I really didn’t expect to get an suv, I went to the dealer pretty much to check out Camry’s and see what else they had. I looked around and test drove a rav4 then the Camry and I already knew I couldn’t go back to a sedan :lol:. It’s crazy to me because I had wanted a hatchback for years and I liked being compact and low in my Mazda 6. Completely changed my mind on it..Luxury crossovers/SUVs must be nice as hell

It’s a 2015 with just under 32,000 miles. With my trade in and my dad negotiating it came out to 17,400.. they gave me $588 for my Mazda :lol: .. I know it sounds low but it really wasn’t worth much more, besides that list of mechanical problems it had a plethora of exterior problems to go along :lol:

Christened it with a blunt today :pimp: :pimp:

6AE6E32B-B83A-4562-8C4F-0F47EDF30455.jpeg

It has a couple years left on the warranty and I get free oil changes for 2 years from the dealer too

I’m finally gonna be worry free in these Boston winters :smokin

another is looking to get a car this summer for around 15 but it has to be new so she's looking at a base ford fiesta or something similar. I don't understand.

im da same way...some folks act like used cars got some used socks stigma or something...

Any 2018 Honda Accord owners in here? I was a 100% sold on getting a 2018 Honda Accord sport but there are so much scrutiny with the design of the car that it's even getting into my own opinions on the car. I don't even know what other car to get that is in the same price range that is just as good or even better. I just want something with Apple CarPlay, room for a family of four and all on a budget of about $25k. People have been telling me to get the Honda CRV but I kind of just don't like it. I was even dead set on getting a Mazda CX5 but the trunk space seems so damn small.

Check out the Civic hatch. Wife just got it and I end up taking it for long distance drives or grocery shopping. That 40 MPG and cargo space is :pimp:

That being said, the cvt and engine feels a bit numb but for some reason I don't have the desire to speed when driving her car. There's also the option of Hondata Flashpro for more inexpensive power.

Back
Top Bottom