\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Class ninja is in session
ed6140f7e4932e08f2f3ba468d0834bfbf0944829520b5e474fbfa0700e41364.jpg

I compared the Focus ST to the GTI’s interior when I was looking at both. Horrendous in the FoST. Even the RS is disappointing with its touch screen and “Sony” dial controls in the center console. :sick:
Dude this is what made me stay away from the ST. It has more power but damn that interior sucks. Especially cause I was looking at the base model since it was the same price as my Si. In this case I sacrificed a little power for a way better interior

dont want em ≠ aint paying for em.

if they had to choose, muscle car buyers would rather pay for a engine than a luxurious interior.

Not true

Chrysler can start using better leather and upgrade interiors while the MSRP wouldn’t even jump much at all

Chrysler does **** backwards

I used to be all engine/performance but now with the cost of these vehicles, Interior gotta some what match the price.

If I’m paying $60k+ plus for an American car and I’m getting low quality leather with a mix of suede and nothing but plastic alll around...no thank you

Them adding better leather, more suede and leather on the dash isn’t gonna add $10k to the price. Could be done for 3-5k and guess what.. people are gonna pay it. Hell, make it standard.

It was for the 1.5. I mean it's going to be a family car so don't need that extra heat but man, I did noticed there was no second USB cord in the 1.5 model. I thought that was standard but I guess I was wrong.

I'll post some pics up when I actually take a legit shot. I am going to try and do some night photography on Treasure Island next week. Get a photo pretty much below. I'll post when it's done.

Cool. I have been talking to a few dealerships in the Bay Area and they are wanting 31k out the door for the 2.0. I will probably wait it out and see when they will be trying to unload the 2018s for the 19s.

INTERIOR MEANS ALMOST NOTHING TO ME. IN FACT, I’VE STARTED TO STRIP MOST OF MY INTERIOR OUT OF MY CAR :lol:

im barely in here anymore, you're all about performance. I remember you posting your mustang and doing a lot of stuff with it. Cant say the same for a lot of people who buy it just to drive.

not even close to everyone who's buying a scat pack, srt, or hellcat is buying it just for the power and take it to the track and race. id say a pretty small % is actually buying the vehicle to actually do that IMO

Termy swap the Foxbody cuz. Damn a LS swap
Way to expensive for what you get. I can get a full rebuilt 6.0 with hci inside the car for under 5k and it will make more power and be reliable af
Not true

Chrysler can start using better leather and upgrade interiors while the MSRP wouldn’t even jump much at all

Chrysler does **** backwards

I used to be all engine/performance but now with the cost of these vehicles, Interior gotta some what match the price.

If I’m paying $60k+ plus for an American car and I’m getting low quality leather with a mix of suede and nothing but plastic alll around...no thank you

Them adding better leather, more suede and leather on the dash isn’t gonna add $10k to the price. Could be done for 3-5k and guess what.. people are gonna pay it. Hell, make it standard.
Yall wildin y'all want a better interior you got pay more or lose performance it's either one or the other pick and choose. What car can you get 400 -450 hp with better interior for under 40000. What car can you get with 707 horsepower with better interior for under 60 thousand go ahead I'll wait

da cojoint analysis proved otherwise...

here's da press release when chrysler introduced da core package (scat pack forerunner)

Dodge Challenger SRT8 Core, Charger Core, and Chrysler 300 Core
New Car and Industry News

by Jason

Chrysler seems to have gotten it. The new Dodge Challenger SRT8 Core, Dodge Charger SRT8 Core, and Chyrsler 300 SRT8 Core are making an attempt to get back to what muscle cars were all about. Cheap performance. Now I’m not going to sit here and tell you $40,000 dollar cars are cheap, they aren’t but clearly Chrysler is responding to customer demands of a cheaper price. These three cars coupled with the Ram Express tell me a light switch turned on somewhere at Chrysler that said these cars are too expensive.

What you get with the Core models are some restyled features like a black spoiler and grill, different rims, and cloth inserts in the seats. The trade off on all these is a much lower price. For example the Challenger SRT8 Core now sits below $40,000 although just barely, while the 300 will start around $44,000. That’s still a lot of money for a car but the five thousand dollar break is awesome. Hit the jump for the press release from Dodge and lots more pictures.

PRESS RELEASE FROM CHRYSLER
SRT Brand Adds New ‘Core’ Performance Models to 2013 Vehicle Lineup

-New models of Dodge Challenger SRT8 and Chrysler 300 SRT8 offer a back-to-basics performance recipe for the enthusiast customers who crave the core power, handling and capability features of their cars

-Newly added and historically significant exterior colors HEMI® Orange Pearl Coat, TorRed Clear Coat and Plum Crazy Pearl Coat make return on existing Challenger SRT8 models and Dodge Charger SRT8 models

-New 300 SRT8 “Core” model is available in eight exterior colors

-New models expected to arrive in dealer showrooms this summer

February 7, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – Chrysler Group LLC’s SRT (Street and Racing Technology) brand is expanding its “Core SRT” vehicle strategy from the successful Charger SRT8 Super Bee and SRT Viper by offering new 2013 “Core” models of the Dodge Challenger SRT8 and Chrysler 300 SRT8.

“With exclusive content, including the standard premium ‘Ballistic’ cloth interior from the new SRT Viper, SRT-tuned sport suspensions and distinctive exterior accents, the new Challenger SRT8 and 300 SRT8 ‘Core’ models are designed and built with the back-to-basics performance driving enthusiast in mind,” said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO – SRT Brand and Motorsports, Chrysler Group LLC.

New 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 “Core” Model
On the exterior, the new 2013 Challenger SRT8 “Core” model features a black grille and black SRT rear spoiler, unique black 392 decal on the front fenders, 20-inch cast-aluminum wheels with black painted pockets and black Brembo brake calipers.

New exterior colors for the Challenger SRT8 “Core” lineup include HEMI® Orange Pearl Coat and Plum Crazy Pearl Coat, in addition to the existing color options, which include Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Bright White Clear Coat, Granite Crystal Metallic Pearl Coat, Jazz Blue Pearl Coat, Pitch Black and TorRed Clear Coat.

Phantom Black Tri-coat Pearl and Redline Tri-coat Pearl are exclusive to the 2013 Challenger SRT8 392 models.

On the inside of the new “Core” model, seating surfaces use the same premium “Ballistic” cloth inserts from the SRT Viper and are flanked by dark slate gray “Axel” cloth bolsters and door bolster inserts and feature a mini-carbon bezel instrument panel.

All 2013 Challenger SRT8 models are powered by the proven 392-cubic inch (6.4-liter) HEMI V-8 that delivers 470 horsepower (351 kW) and 470 lb.-ft. (637 N•m) of torque. The torque band is extremely flat allowing for strong standing starts and improved straight-line performance throughout the rpm range.

An advanced active intake manifold along with high-lift cam with phasing provides maximum low-end torque and high-end power while still delivering 23 miles per gallon on the highway with the standard manual transmission or available automatic transmission. Performance-tuned engine mounts improve idle stability and ride control at all speeds.

All 2013 Challenger SRT8 models accelerate from 0-60 mph in the high 4-second range; run the quarter mile in mid-12-second range with the automatic transmission (high 12-second range with the manual); go from 0-100-0 mph in the low 15s, reach a top speed of 182 mph with the manual transmission (175 mph with the automatic) and stop from 60-0 mph in just 117 feet.

The starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the new 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 “Core” model is $38,995 (plus $995 destination).

New 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8 “Core” Model
The new 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8 “Core” model features a 6.4L badge on the front fenders – a first for the 300 SRT8 – 20-inch cast-aluminum wheels with black painted pockets and standard black Brembo brake calipers (also available in red).

On the inside of the new “Core” model, black seating surfaces use the same premium “Ballistic” cloth inserts from the SRT Viper and are flanked by black “Axel” cloth bolsters and door bolster inserts. Various matte carbon and piano black accents surround the instrument panel, door bezels and center console.

Under the hood of every Chrysler 300 SRT8 model is the 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 delivering 470 horsepower (351 kW) and 470 lb.-ft. (637 N•m) of torque. On the highway, up to 23 mpg is achieved by use of an active valve exhaust system that allows the standard Fuel Saver Technology (four-cylinder mode) to engage over a wide rpm range. The active exhaust system also allows for straight-through mid and rear mufflers for a throaty exhaust note under engine load.

Performance numbers include 0-60 mph acceleration in the high 4-second range; quarter mile in high 12-second range; 0-100-0 mph in less than 16 seconds, top speed of 175 mph and stopping power from 60-0 mph in 120 feet.

Eight exterior colors are available throughout the 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8 lineup, including Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Bright White Clear Coat, Deep Cherry Red Pearl Coat, Gloss Black Clear Coat, Granite Crystal Pearl Coat, Ivory Pearl Tri-coat, Jazz Blue Pearl Coat and Phantom Black Tri-coat Pearl.

The starting U.S. MSRP for the new 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8 “Core” model is $43,995 (plus $995 destination).

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee
The 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee features a unique SRT badge with a 3-D helmeted bee mascot on the new split crosshair grille finished in Gloss Black. Both front fenders tout the historically significant V-8 engine with “392 HEMI” badges first seen on the 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392. Flanking both rear fenders are the legendary round Super Bee graphics, which now include the wording “Powered by SRT” to commemorate the modern incarnation of this celebrated performance icon.

Returning from the 2012 model are the five-spoke cast-aluminum 20-inch wheels with black painted pockets and black Brembo brake calipers that provide a unique performance look.

New exterior colors now available on the 2013 Charger SRT8 Super Bee include the historically significant HEMI® Orange Pearl Coat and Plum Crazy Pearl Coat. The Charger SRT8 Super Bee is also available in Bright White Clear Coat, Pitch Black Clear Coat and TorRed Clear Coat.

The Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is powered by the same 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 that delivers 470 horsepower (351 kW) and 470 (637 N•m) lb.-ft. of torque. On the highway, up to 23 mpg is achieved by use of an active valve exhaust system that allows the standard Fuel Saver Technology (four-cylinder mode) to engage over a wide rpm range. The active exhaust system also allows for straight-through mid and rear mufflers for a throaty exhaust note under engine load.

Performance numbers include 0-60 mph acceleration in the high 4-second range; quarter mile in the high 12-second range; 0-100-0 mph in less than 16 seconds; top speed of 175 mph and stopping power from 60-0 mph in 120 feet.

The starting U.S. MSRP for the 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is $41,995 (plus $995 destination).

All 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8, Chrysler 300 SRT8 and Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee models are built at the Brampton Assembly plant in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.

SRT Track Experience
Owners of any Chrysler Group SRT vehicle receive one day of professional driving instruction as part of the SRT Track Experience, designed to maximize their driving knowledge and skills on the street or track. Sessions are held throughout the year at selected tracks. For more information, visit http://drivesrt.com.

About SRT
The Chrysler Group’s SRT (Street and Racing Technology) brand uses a successful product development formula featuring five proven hallmarks: awe-inspiring powertrains; outstanding ride, handling and capability; benchmark braking; aggressive and functional exteriors and race-inspired and high-performance interiors to remain true to its performance roots.

The SRT lineup in the 2013 model year features five vehicles that are world-class performance contenders and bring the latest in safety technologies and creature comforts. The Chrysler 300 SRT8, Dodge Challenger SRT8 392, Dodge Charger SRT8 and Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 are joined by the SRT flagship Viper and Viper GTS models, which are making their highly anticipated return to the high-performance sports car market.

Source: Chrysler

http://www.infinitegarage.com/dodge-challenger-srt8-core-charger-core-and-chrysler-300-core/

I just copped a fast 102 intake last night so I guess I'll be using that on the 408 and I'll use my fast 90 on my head cam Ls1

LOL at bringing up the core which did TERRIBLE sales wise. You never actually seen them anywhere and the 300 wasn't sold in the US.

thats actually pretty old to be compared to now.

wise. You never actually seen them anywhere and the 300 wasn't sold in the US.

i saw plenty of cores when they first dropped, and they renamed em scatpacks R/T which doesn't confuse da customer..da 300 SRT was sold in da United states, chrysler pulled da plug on em in 2015...14' was da last year, so from 2011-2014 300srt's still roam on da states.

IMG_20180327_210140571.jpg Yes cars now days have a lot of cheap plastic and weigh more than cars from the 60's, 70's and 80's. But they are built for safety. My accident i got in a month ago and walked away.

I am referring to the core 300.

And sure they still offer a bare bones scat but it’s nothing like the core, had more options plus most I’ve seen have some sort of upgraded interior and nothig like the core

Regardless I’m saying a large majority of these people buying them want to cruise in em. They aren’t trying to buy or lease a stripped vehicle because they’re storing it in the garbage and going to the track on weekends

We know they’re performance vehicles im just arguing with the fact you’re saying people are buying these strictly for performance/engine and interiors mean nothing when most of em aren’t being used in that capacity at all just a daily driver.. which if I’m paying 60k for a daily it better be comfortable and nice inside

You should know I like the interiors. I’ve had chargers and 300s for years now since the 2012 charger up until a few weeks ago. All loaded, leather, etc. been in srt, hellcats, scat packs since SRT were first introduced

I’m all mopar but the interiors on the next refreshes will have to be improved and with the direction Chrysler is going I expect that to happen but I don’t thonk they’re gonna fully abandon the cheap plastic they use

fact you’re saying people are buying these strictly for performance/engine and interiors mean nothing when most of em aren’t being used in that capacity at all just a daily driver.

you're not getting my point... analysis has been made that people are voting with their money on more power at da expense of more creature comforts...

so if someone has 40k in their budget, they rather have a stripped scat pack wit a 392 that a gussed up loaded SXT.

muscle car enthusiasts have always been this way, hence why dodge can get away wit skimping on interiors cuz they know their base won't mind.

The person with 40k is gonna buy what they like though

If they wanted a fully loaded v6, that’s what they’re gonna buy even if the scat pack has the 6.4 :lol:

You don’t know and can’t assume they’re gonna buy something just for the engine

That’s youre opinion that between the two you would go scat.. as would I. Not everyone is about the engine regardless of what an article says

The person with 40k is gonna buy what they like though

If they wanted a fully loaded v6, that’s what they’re gonna buy even if the scat pack has the 6.4 :lol:

You don’t know and can’t assume they’re gonna buy something just for the engine

That’s youre opinion that between the two you would go scat.. as would I. Not everyone is about the engine regardless of what an article says

Exactly. If the all the muscle cars out here had better materials, comfortable options, etc., they would sell like hotcakes. However, they only fit that niche market of people who just want "muscle" over any type of comfort. Muscle cars are what they are. They're made to be cheap "value performance" cars. If they had better materials, etc., they would be teetering towards a more luxury segment. However, they could do a much better job of interior design. I will say, Mustangs have improved a lot since since the 90s. Their interiors aren't bad at all, design wise.

There's a reason why the Honda Accord and Camry can sell more cars in one more month than a Challenger can in a 4 year span. They fit the "mass population" and have all the creature comforts that people want. Plus with forced induction, people are getting as much power if not better performance than most SRTs on certain cars, with better fuel economy and amazing interiors.

Last edited:
I feel like you guys have drifted from the original argument that people that are in the market for a muscle car prefer a better engine than having less power and a nicer interior. If this wasn’t true then dodge wouldn’t even bother making the scat and just offer the srt. It’s not that people don’t care about the interior or don’t want a nice one but if people keep buying them as is, dodge is gonna keep making them as cheap as they can

its not just my opinion, its backed by how Dodge markets these vehicles and how their demographics responds to whats available. its no different than Nike flooding da east coast with Foamposites cuz they know they'll get qulck turn over @ MSRP vs anywhere else in da US.

muscle cars as long as they around never been known for their interiors, unless you were buying something like a OG Mercury Cougar which was a dressed up Mustang, or ish like da OG monte Carlo which were luxury muscle coupes, or da OG regal which was a dressed up Chevelle.

9A329D1B-15AC-4AC8-B1B4-03CAF5EAA8D0.jpeg

So nobody is gonna talk about this horrendous refresh I never thought it could get any uglier :sick:

Back
Top Bottom