\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

the porsche one looks sick
Yeah I just realized how sick exactly after seeing JusaVibe JusaVibe post about it, lol. Kinda regret not getting Dom's Charger now 🤣
😯 the defender one looks dope
That one caught my eye too. Man,, I didn't know how dope they look once built. I might need to get the Porsche & Charger now.
Bruh went total 180 and got Bowsers ship. :lol: I aint eem mad at that. :pimp:
:rofl:We went to the gift shop right after checking in as it's strategically set up in the entrance to the park. Browsed & by default was feeling the Charger the most...than I walked to the Super Mario side of the sales floor & saw Mr. Bowser just chilling.

Decided to come back before we leave & get some merch. Picked up the Bowser set twice & put it back & walked away thinking Imma get the Charger. Went back a 3rd time & said goddammit Bowser, you're mine! Lol. He's a classic especially for us 90s kids. He terrorized our childhoods 🤣 so it was only right. Can't wait to build it. I've never had or built anything with Legos before...should be fun. I'll post pics months down the line when I'm done haha.

Yup. It’s like 60 miles from Manhattan or something. Dope place.
Yup, & nice scenic drive after you clear Yonkers & onto the I87.
Yeah they do. My younger brothers Lil set.

599AD99B-342D-426D-8BC9-34990CF80510.jpeg

4DBCE85C-1390-4738-975C-2C809C26C006.jpeg
YO!!! THIS IS 🔥🔥🔥. I wish I scooped up the Charger too now, lol. How long did it take you guys to build this? We might go back in Dec. For the holidays so I'm definitely getting couple of the car kits then.

I'm gonna need a super-duper late pass, because I didn't even know such a place existed.
It's all good man. To be honest I myself didn't even know we had this in NY but only recently. I thought it's been there forever but just found out yesterday that they opened May 2021 🤣. The ones in California & Florida have been around a while. Def check it out if you can. It's obviously crazy fun for the kids but even for adults it's quite entertaining.

Checkout some of these pics of cityscapes they have & crazy Lego models throughout the park.
20220721_122028.jpg
20220721_122058.jpg
20220721_122229.jpg
20220721_122535.jpg
20220721_160319.jpg
20220721_160404.jpg
20220721_160434.jpg
20220721_160547.jpg
20220721_160714.jpg
20220721_160724.jpg

Yup, & nice scenic drive after you clear Yonkers & onto the I87.

YO!!! THIS IS 🔥🔥🔥. I wish I scooped up the Charger too now, lol. How long did it take you guys to build this? We might go back in Dec. For the holidays so I'm definitely getting couple of the car kits then.

Those pictures you posted from Lego are :pimp::wow:.

I am going to ask my brother since he did it all by himself but I do remember him saying he had fun doing it.

So this just happened. Some guy made a post on Facebook saying the Raptor he ordered was available for $5k over MSRP 1hr30 from me. I saw the post mins after he posted it and called the salesman’s number he provided. Just over 24 hrs later it’s in my driveway. Almost exactly how I’d order it.

7A8243E7-CA25-45DC-B130-EFB476213A0E.jpeg

Last edited:
The Lego photos are so freaking cool. As a kid who grew up in the early 80s and had a 3 ft tall barrel full of Legos, I still geek out over them. I haven't bought any of the big sets yet, but I have gotten a few of the Speed Champions cars. Smaller but still a decent build with a good amount of pieces. Here are the ones my wife and I built.

PXL_20220328_190930010.jpg
PXL_20220329_002036828.jpg
PXL_20220329_000513838.jpg
PXL_20220401_223523878.jpg

All 3 we're really fun. The Countach was just awesome to build. And I LOVE the GT. Cool thing, you can use the instructions to build more of them if one were to buy the pieces along from Lego in different colors.

Last edited:
So this just happened. Some guy made a post on Facebook saying the Raptor he ordered was available for $5k over MSRP 1hr30 from me. I saw the post mins after he posted it and called the salesman’s number he provided. Just over 24 hrs later it’s in my driveway. Almost exactly how I’d order it.

Congrats!

Btw how many of you worry about breaking in the engine? I’m driving my truck normal and I have 900 miles. Nothing crazy just have it in sport mode and redlined like twice lol

For my M cars I’ve always taken it easy until the 1200 mi service. Mainly just make sure it’s warmed up, don’t go over 35-40k, and not over 100 mph. Once I get past that service I usually do try to let it warm up if I plan on getting on it.

Very proud of you and what a beautiful truck.

I thought ford dealers weren’t allowed to mark up anymore?

It's a total dog & pony show. The manufacturer can't legally do anything in terms of controlling the pricing by dealers because they are all individual franchises and not owned by the manufacturer (which it's illegal for most manufacturers to have company owned stores in a lot of the country, from what I remember).

The only thing the manufacturer can actually do to stop the excessive markup, is to limit or withhold allocations for said vehicles being marked up. Meaning the dealers won't get the actual allotment and may only get a single unit (or none at all).

The whole markup issue is really at the forefront due to how much some vehicles cost, especially the limited production ones. My take? Being an ex-salesperson for a long long time, I hated them when I sold. Mainly because the cars that other stores marked up, they weren't as in demand as they are today. Of all the Shelby Mustangs I sold from 2007-2020 when I left, only 1 unit was at a markup. I had to locate it from a dealer several states away and they were charging me MSRP. I can't locate it and sell it for nothing. So the customer and I agreed to a small increase (I believe it was $2K) and he was totally fine with it. We also covered enclosed transport back. That was it.

All GT350s, and other GT500s years ago were list. Hell, I sold several 2012 GT500s at X-Plan as Ford has a slew of them sitting as everyone wanted the Trinity motor 2013 that was coming. So those sat and Ford allowed plan sales, AND a $3000 marketing adjustment dealer cash (which I gladly used to make deals). That was fun.

But today, it's really getting out of hand. But looking at it a different way, what about people selling their homes for well above the appraised values. Some are paying so much more, it's insane. Yes, if someone says they'll pay X amount over your asking price for your home, to sell it now, who wouldn't.do that. Most, if not all would take the money. Same as these snooks who come into a dealership and just say, I'll give you X amount over list for the new Raptor R (and believe me, it would be a HUGE number over). Dealers will take those crazy numbers over all day.

Markups would stop quick if those who have F U money would NOT just drop it to have the newest toy.

Last edited:
19909188-15FF-4787-97DF-3C6653DD417E.jpeg

First Z with tints, still haven’t grown to like the front bumper but maybe if I see it in person I’ll change my mind. Just so sad they made the car so heavy compared to the 370z, even if it perform well, for the price it’s hard to justify buying this over the Supra which lighter and gonna cost about the same price.

Regarding the German transition to AWD-rumor has it that after seeing the Nissan GT-R wipe the floor with Porsche-that engineers were told in no uncertain terms that nothing like that could happen again.
The Japanese forced the Germans to go AWD. AMGs, ///M, Porsche are now AWD. Odd it took them so long seeing how dominant the Evos, STIs, GTR were in the early 90s.

Audi was aware of the benefits of AWD early on with its quattro.

The Japanese forced the Germans to go AWD. AMGs, ///M, Porsche are now AWD. Odd it took them so long seeing how dominant the Evos, STIs, GTR were in the early 90s.

Audi was aware of the benefits of AWD early on with its quattro.
Hmm ..I’d say it was more Audi’s success over the Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom