\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I feel like most people who talk about EVs being soulless have never been 0-60 in a Model S Plaid. Makes YOUR soul move. Yall wanna personify these cars so bad lol.

After driving EVs I hate loud vehicles. Loud for what? To get dusted in silence. Thats just me

I driven it and yeah its cool but after you slow down the excitement goes away

i think as the new generation is born into a society with no gas cars with manual trannies all they will know is electric and it will be normailized

but yall gotta be lying through ur teeth if u think a motor doesn't sound beautiful its honestly a feat of engineering to have all those small metal parts traveling at opposite directions to create forward moving power at up to :nerd:r9k rpm

no ev elon musk dildo will ever compare to something like this

You added that last part after I quoted it at first so this is just to add-on. But personally I have absolutely 0 desire to own a manual vehicle at all (unless maybe a track toy). So I guess its just a complete difference in taste which is totally fine

yeah man, we can have different taste. its all good. fwiw, i don't like the obnoxious exhausts. i was the one that said a loud exhaust doesnt mean its a good one. i just like having the full "experience" when driving. meaning a little nvh, forced induction/engine noise, manually shifting gears, etc. maybe one day i'll prefer the "easier" ride, but for now nawwww lol.

i think as the new generation is born into a society with no gas cars with manual trannies all they will know is electric and it will be normailized

but yall gotta be lying through ur teeth if u think a motor doesn't sound beautiful its honestly a feat of engineering to have all those small metal parts traveling at opposite directions to create forward moving power at up to :nerd:r9k rpm

Im saying. Getting thrown back into your seat from instant torque in an EV? Now THAT will get old. That aint “soul”. Sounds like this though. :pimp:

Gonna be a sad day when all supercars are straight EV smh. Imagine a Lambo or Rari that dont roar. :smh: From VROOM BOOM CRACKCRACK POPOP to vrrnnnnnnnnnnn.:stoneface:

What's interesting is some 'purists' (the exhaust guys @ SRT come to mind) who would call the F40s exhaust note you posted 'flat'. Same with V8 vs V10 vs V12 folks.

Perspective.

A few cars from Monterey car week.

IMG-6823.JPG
IMG-7090.jpg

IMG-6806.jpg
IMG-6952.JPG
IMG-7020.JPG
IMG-7437.JPG
IMG-6879.JPG
IMG-7166.JPG

IMG-7169.JPG
IMG-7007.JPG

Last edited:
It took me months and like 4 different exhaust configurations to get the sound I wanted on my mustang. Had kooks headers and a full 3” AWE exhaust. I loved rowing through the gears and hearing the noise exhaust and procharger noises. I rarely ever used the A/C because my windows stayed down. After I got my Tesla the sound got annoying lol. It seemed like so much noise and effort just to drive normally around town. I had a soft redline at 7850RPM and it SCREAMED after 5500. I still miss driving it and the sound somewhat but at this point I’d rather have the speed without the noise than the noise without the speed.

What's interesting is some 'purists' (the exhaust guys @ SRT come to mind) who would call the F40s exhaust note you posted 'flat'. Same with V8 vs V10 vs V12 folks.

Perspective.
For sure its all about perspective, I agree

which is why I personally don't think EV's are bad
but at the same time them replacing the feel that over 100 years of gas powered cars have created and instilled in society is not gunna happen overnight and it will be completely different and thats okay. life changes we move on and end up in the dirt

but in our lifetime i'm glad we get to experience these interesting machines

We go through this topic like once a month now.

Just buy what you like. EV's are definitely not for the purist of purists.

For someone like myself who has a bit more rationale, I understand that driving an EV everyday is a smart move and on the weekends I take out my 911. Owning an EV doesn't mean you choose one side of the line. They just make sense for the majority of people. I ordered a 296GTB for delivery in 24-36 months, and that will probably be my last (NEW) gas car for a decade.

EV vs ICE debate just proves that not everything is for everybody.. like someone said, drive what you like and can afford.

in 20 years this likely won’t be much of a convo once states start phasing out non-EV cars

Back
Top Bottom