\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Audi and Porsche (I guess all VAG) coupe SUVs look good. The others are pretty bad.

Two door convertible SUV like this and a wrangler/bronco are cool. That Murano though…

7FC64AFA-5ACD-482D-8074-4C8256E6BD96.png

Man that looks awful. :lol:

Funny thing is, Toyota started the coupe SUV aesthetic with the sloping roof. Though it was classified as a hatchback/tall wagon.

MatrixRendo3.jpg

matrix-concept.jpg

Digging the new Ferrari, but wouldnt really classify it as an SUV. Looks more like a wagon if anything. Panameraish. Purosangue dropped a bit will be fuego.

the dark horse :nerd:

THAT was totally unexpected!!

My options on a car that I've loved since I was very little (dad has a '66 with factory air, which is rare) as I'm 46 now:

-Design is really cool. Love the heat extractor hood, the 3 beam headlights and LEDs.
-Glad they went back to different front bumpers/hoods for the two motors (S197s were the last to do that)
-Taillights are freaking cool. Love the angle.
-the FACTORY customization has FINALLY arrived. Several colors of Brembos (love the blue calipers)
They said 4 interior colors (shame blue isn't an option) and different seatbelt colors (FINALLY)
-Bronze package is a nice add.
-wheels for the GT look great (Mach1 style without the extra "y" spoke.
-rear spoiler look cool.
-interior looks great. That full piece of glass NEEDS a screen protector on it or it will show prints like crazy.
-and I think the Foxbody digital gauge cluster option with the "Ford green glow" is a nice homage.

Now things that I wasn't keen on.
-while I haven't seen enough of the interior pics, it seems like they removed most of the hard buttons for climate. Gosh I hope not!! There is nothing worse than having to tap the screen RIGHT where it needs to change a setting, where physical buttons become memory and you can change things without looking. Can't do this on a screen. I hope I'm wrong and they're are climate switches.
-Can't tell the rest of the interior from tonight. Seems like all the GTs had Recaros. Want to see regular seats and now they look.
-I was hoping they were gonna just let the GT have 500 hp but nope! That was a BIG disappointment for me. It's time to do it. The Mach 1 in 2021 had 480hp (470 this year due to emissions) but it's time to just do it. When they said "GT with 480+..."" I was shaking head. Really was a letdown.....then they said a space is open for another car? 😳 WHAAAA?!!!

-Dark Horse is THE ****!! How they kept that a secret is beyond me. 500 hp, looks to be 305s all around, different wheels, different hood, lower splitter, different wing, LOVE the horse badge, oh and a FREAKING TREMEC!! 🙏🙏🙏 They seriously redeemed themselves tonight with that. I was at first saying "they can't be unveiling a Shelby tonight". Nope, this is better as it shouldn't be limited...but it it's gonna be up there price wise. Hope they offer it in more than a few colors (really like that Vapor Blue of the GT coupe).

Overall, I am stoked for the last ICE Mustang! The perfect evolution of the last of it's kind. Make the all electric Mustang in 2032 a crazy looking thing. This is a good looking car!!! Can't wait to see the colors they offer.

Oh, and lastly. I'm sure some on the site will ask me, would I buy one? NO, and he's why. I have a Mustang. Yes, it's 16 years old (2006 GT), but it's MY 16 year old car. Every thing that was added, short of the longtubes, I installed all those. Painted the calipers, added a Pioneer Nav at the time (for iPod), Roush seats, '08 Bullitt OEM dash panels & shifter, 2010 GT500 steering wheel, list goes. My heart & sweat & soul is in that car!

Having 2 of the same car (albeit it different generations) doesn't make sense to me. The new one is light-years ahead of mine and if I had it I'd never drive my old one. But for what that car means to me, and why I bought it (my reward for making it though my liver transplant back in 2003 at 27) and seeing how by having that car, I met my wife at a Mustang show (had I not had it, we would have NEVER met as she was there with her GT/CS) that car is a part of me.

There was a time I didn't think I'd keep it. Heck, it sat for almost 2 years without me driving it due to more medical crap (stuck in Canada for a few days while in the hospital having a bowel obstruction and trying to find a way to get home for surgery). I was ready to sell it to help buy our house. But I didn't need to. I kept it, drove it sparingly to work and such. No shows as I stopped that in 2010 (got burned out).

I actually felt kinda low having it, as the people we see and hang out with had these amazing cars. Porsche, McLarens, Vettes, Ferraris. I have this lowly 16 year old car. But the more I brought it out, people I didn't know always would comment on how good the paint looks for a 16 year old car, and that it sounds fantastic.

So here I am. I'm keeping it. I won't buy the new car. I'd honestly rather have something COMPLETELY different than the Mustang, to make getting back into it feel different than the other car. These will be common in time, just like the C8 already is becoming (I still can't stand the back, it's horrid). For how much a Dark Horse would be, I'd rather spend a bit more for the Lotus. Then I have an old school muscle car and a mid engines sports car. And I'd be content forever!! 👍

Way to go Ford, you impressed me tonight! Especially with going back to LeMans with a GT3 Mustang!! THAT I can't wait for!! 👍👍

And yeah, I wrote a novel...so what? It's the last gas Mustang unveiling. 🤷

Last edited:
Man I really like this new Mustang front end. IMO it could pass for an EV and this is how EV’s should look, not TOO futuristic looking.

Like look at the concept Challenger, the tear drop smooth shape, I get it its for mile hunting but I just dislike the super streamline shape and overly futuristic look a lot of EV’s have (Taycan probably the best looking one by far).

3252E245-4EBF-4352-8BFD-17D9C4E9D122.jpeg

Then this new Mustang

E4AA9C9D-05D7-4BF6-A45F-CCAC01535407.jpeg

Looks like it could very well be an EV. In general it has a very sinister look, like a Decepticon or something. :lol:

The pre facelift S550 was THE Mustang stylistically. Regardless of wheel size, design made sure that it was a good looking proposition. After looking it over last night in person, (in artificial lighting, admittedly) it’s a bit to high hipped in the rear. Smaller wheeled versions will not be as attractive, but F needs to sell higher end trims. But this is a refresh of the S550, so to be expected.

I appreciate the Dodge-the team had a lot to take on and executed. I was told it’s really close to production.

The upcoming Camaro is the best I’ve seen in the segment.

Man I really like this new Mustang front end. IMO it could pass for an EV and this is how EV’s should look, not TOO futuristic looking.

Like look at the concept Challenger, the tear drop smooth shape, I get it its for mile hunting but I just dislike the super streamline shape and overly futuristic look a lot of EV’s have (Taycan probably the best looking one by far).

3252E245-4EBF-4352-8BFD-17D9C4E9D122.jpeg

Then this new Mustang

E4AA9C9D-05D7-4BF6-A45F-CCAC01535407.jpeg

Looks like it could very well be an EV
. In general it has a very sinister look, like a Decepticon or something. :lol:
Challenging with those huge openings in the front-the aerodynamic/efficiency teams will want to lower that cd.

Last edited:
The mustang looks good but it looks like a face lift from the current one. It doesn't look like a different gen.

Looking forward to any other trims that come out. Hopefully they bring back a revised voodoo that doesn't blow up in a GT350.

The mustang looks good but it looks like a face lift from the current one. It doesn't look like a different gen.

Looking forward to any other trims that come out. Hopefully they bring back a revised voodoo that doesn't blow up in a GT350.
It is a revised version of the outgoing model. There will be no more flat plane V8 sadly. (The engine issues were overblown a bit-the engine does consume a lot of oil and has to be monitored-but for the ICE guys the natural baritone of the exhaust is legendary)

Back
Top Bottom