\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Was walking home & spotted this clean 3rd gen Max on my block. Saw it was idling & guy was inside so spoke to him for a few minutes about it. Real stand up individual who knows his Maximas. It's always been garage parked.

He's actually the original owner. Said it was his first big purchase as an adult back in 1993. He's graduated to Benz but had a few Maximas since but sold em all & held onto this one. It's got some 200k odd miles on it with 0 rust. The HIDs are a nice touch. They look blue in the pic but are actually more of an icy white in person.
20230114_120137.jpg
20230114_120113.jpg

That's Clean. :pimp:

I Always Wanted Either A 3rd Gen Or 4th Gen When I Was In High School.

Was walking home & spotted this clean 3rd gen Max on my block. Saw it was idling & guy was inside so spoke to him for a few minutes about it. Real stand up individual who knows his Maximas. It's always been garage parked.

He's actually the original owner. Said it was his first big purchase as an adult back in 1993. He's graduated to Benz but had a few Maximas since but sold em all & held onto this one. It's got some 200k odd miles on it with 0 rust. The HIDs are a nice touch. They look blue in the pic but are actually more of an icy white in person.
20230114_120137.jpg
I swear back when Nissan couldn't miss.

Glad to see they are bringing Al along slow with meaningful news stories, since his hiatus. SMH.

Anyone still shopping for cars in this economy?
Deals to be had if you know where to look. My problem is I don't have anywhere to put new projects.
Unfortunately had to. I got promoted to a new position at work so I had to give back my company car. Ended up buying a 4th gen 4runner 4x4 a few weeks ago. $14K with 140K miles. Somewhat overpaid based on pre-covid history but it was in great condition with a long history of service at Toyota dealerships and no rust. Plus it has the V8 4.7L 2UZ engine which are indestructible. Will be my everyday driver and vehicle for the snow.
Can agree 2UZ is indestructible, have/had it in my SC400 about 275K miles with no problems. Only reason I pulled it out for 2JZ swap and more power, can will be first attempt at a "classic" show car.

That's Clean. :pimp:

I Always Wanted Either A 3rd Gen Or 4th Gen When I Was In High School.
Super clean. Man, the lines on the 3rd gen just have such a smooth *** flow to them. Love the long brake light in the rear. The pearl white paint does a real good job of highlighting those fine lines.

4th gens are dope too. Little by little I'm trying to get mine to look halfway decent again. Some moron rammed into it while speeding breaking the stop sign & losing control on a simple right turn almost 2 years ago. I recently swapped the hood from the donor car & will be doing the doors soon.

titang545 titang545 Yup, Nissan was $ back then with just about everything they put out. Nissan has been doodoo since 2011-present.

Deals to be had if you know where to look. My problem is I don't have anywhere to put new projects.

Can agree 2UZ is indestructible, have/had it in my SC400 about 275K miles with no problems. Only reason I pulled it out for 2JZ swap and more power, can will be first attempt at a "classic" show car.

So far I’m loving it. Needed a roomy and reliable 4x4 and this was the solve. 1 owner California truck its whole life with an extensive history of all maintenance at Toyota dealership and no accidents.

Will be a great companion to the Tacoma and 911

BA6AB160-94AF-4A13-B566-BEC3E328141D.jpeg

So far I’m loving it. Needed a roomy and reliable 4x4 and this was the solve. 1 owner California truck its whole life with an extensive history of all maintenance at Toyota dealership and no accidents.

Will be a great companion to the Tacoma and 911

BA6AB160-94AF-4A13-B566-BEC3E328141D.jpeg
man speaking of reliable, i came across a deal for a 2015 gx460 with like 50k miles. I got the dude down to 30k but see no reason for me to buy that car :lol:

man speaking of reliable, i came across a deal for a 2015 gx460 with like 50k miles. I got the dude down to 30k but see no reason for me to buy that car :lol:
You’re not that guy wasting people’s time with empty offers are you? Nothing worse than answering a bunch of people that have no interest in buying your car. Even worse are the guys that contact you after a month …still haven’t sold it? Consider my offer $10k under ask? :smh:

You’re not that guy wasting people’s time with empty offers are you? Nothing worse than answering a bunch of people that have no interest in buying your car. Even worse are the guys that contact you after a month …still haven’t sold it? Consider my offer $10k under ask? :smh:
its a free world baby, don't hate me hate the game
and i was actually interested in the car, but changed my mind

You guys have any advice for buying a used car? I’m not lookin to buy now but I wanna have an idea of what I should shoot for. Like what’s the best place to buy and what’s a good first car. I ain’t rich either so if anyone says a 2016 Camaro I’m blocking you :lol:

You guys have any advice for buying a used car? I’m not lookin to buy now but I wanna have an idea of what I should shoot for. Like what’s the best place to buy and what’s a good first car. I ain’t rich either so if anyone says a 2016 Camaro I’m blocking you :lol:
Depends on you location,needs and budget. Generally the newest and lowest mile honda/Toyota in the highest trim/condition you can find private sale (In your budget).

Well the best advice I can give you right now is call around and get the seller to the lowest number he/she will take……. But only do this with vehicles you have no reason to buy.

Electric cars take 8 years on the road to beat gas cars in emissions including production.

Basically, drive what you got to be green.
Like any comparison involving complex machines (and even more so on the manufacturing side) there is a lot more nuanced within data. The worst case scenario you referenced is assuming that the power grid used is powered by 100% coal, for example. (For reference, the national average of the coal power usage to generate electricity is around 22%.)

In the median range (fossil fuels supplying about 60%ish percent of power for electricity from which EVs draw from) and accounting for all manufacturing processes, a Tesla Model 3 will ‘break even’ with a Toyota Corolla from an environmental impact within 14,800 miles. And afterwards, the Corolla has a significantly more harmful effect (emissions, oil and fuel usage).

The case is more compelling (i.e., the break even point is even lower-a not so small point here in the world of expanding SUV/CUV sales) with larger EVs like light duty trucks and SUVs, whose ICE counterparts incidentally are noticeably worse then their sedan equivalents from an impact POV.

Whatever power grid that these vehicles are using is a big part of this equation. Fossil fuels are absolutely needed to build and scale a 'cleaner' energy grid. But as those advances are made along with enviable refinements in battery sourcing and producing, it won't even be close.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom