\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

At this point I would have gladly paid $35k-$40K for a 2020-2022 4Runner limited but the the fact the last gen Grand Cherokee has a better interior just doesn’t make sense to me.

Prices are definitely starting to drop though 🙏🏽

In the past decade, Toyota and Honda, though still leading, have seen a 3 to 4% decline in market share to other manufacturers. This suggests a shift away from the plain and reliable image. While reliability matters for the elderly, the current generation desires more features. Dismissing vehicles as disposable doesn't make sense, as they're a significant investment. My frustration lies in Toyota and Honda's stagnation; despite loyalty, Kia and Hyundai are gaining market share. Complacency has its limits—consider Jeep, with the Wrangler sticking to the same formula, now facing tough competition from the Ford Bronco.

Moreover, their reluctance to innovate in technology and create forward-thinking interiors doesn't justify their high asking prices. That encapsulates my entire argument on this matter.

If you get it, you get and if you don't, you don't.

I think everyone gets it, but it’s no different than saying I don’t like Land Rover or Kia because they’re less reliable. They need to step up and make a bulletproof engine.

It’s an opinion blanketed as fact, Toyotas brand identity is providing the mass market with a car that will give them little to no headaches.

I just ran the carfax for my 2007 IS350 I had when I was 17. It just passed a CA smog test and is still running with over 200k miles, and has lived in many different states.

For the record I like Kia and Land Rover, but I know better than to suggest Toyota has a horrible game plan.

Last edited:
I think everyone gets it, but it’s no different than saying I don’t like Land Rover or Kia because they’re less reliable. They need to step up and make a bulletproof engine.

It’s an opinion blanketed as fact, Toyotas brand identity is providing the mass market with a car that will give them little to no headaches.

I just ran the carfax for my 2007 IS350 I had when I was 17. It just passed a CA smog test and is still running with over 200k miles, and has lived in many different states.

For the record I like Kia and Land Rover, but I know better than to suggest Toyota has a horrible game plan.
exactlyyy by toyota doing what they've been doing they can afford to lose 3% market share and still be very profitable by using the same damn engine in some of their cars for a decade+ :lol:

i think cuz toyota/nissan made some cool cars in the 90s ppl want them to do that again, but idk

Opinions supported by data lean more towards facts. Preferences and biases often stem from brand loyalty.

While I used to firmly prioritize reliability over technology, that stance has started to waver. The increasing reliance on technology, especially with family considerations like having kids, has led me to demand certain features in a vehicle. Balancing reliability and technology has become a more nuanced consideration.

exactlyyy by toyota doing what they've been doing they can afford to lose 3% market share and still be very profitable by using the same damn engine in some of their cars for a decade+ :lol:

i think cuz toyota/nissan made some cool cars in the 90s ppl want them to do that again, but idk
Quantifying matters. Even a seemingly small percentage, like 3%, represents a significant number of consumers—around 300k—who've chosen other brands over Toyota. The shift from prioritizing bulletproof engines to embracing technology is evident. Manufacturers recognize the need to cater to evolving market preferences, emphasizing more tech features to appeal to this generation's demands.

But hey .. whatever! For me, In my view, Toyota and Honda may face challenges in the future due to a lack of innovation and higher prices. Personally, I question the choice of buying a new Toyota Camry for $40K when I could opt for a slightly used BMW with a B58 engine for a slightly higher price. The BMW offers greater luxury, superior technology, and overall better performance, making it a more compelling option in my opinion.

That's just an example.

We gotta stop the Toyota and Honda narrative like they are equals. They are not. Toyota is a vastly larger corporation with a vastly larger lineup. It not even close. Toyota has kept reliability high and Honda is hovering around average. Same with Lexus and Acura. It’s not close. In Japan Toyota is part of the countries fabric.

Hyundai and Kia have now passed Honda in sales and reliability data says the same (that part i have no idea how but lol that’s what the data says).

1700092153353.png

Vs

1700092199031.jpeg

Quantifying matters. Even a seemingly small percentage, like 3%, represents a significant number of consumers—around 300k—who've chosen other brands over Toyota. The shift from prioritizing bulletproof engines to embracing technology is evident. Manufacturers recognize the need to cater to evolving market preferences, emphasizing more tech features to appeal to this generation's demands.

But hey .. whatever! For me, In my view, Toyota and Honda may face challenges in the future due to a lack of innovation and higher prices. Personally, I question the choice of buying a new Toyota Camry for $40K when I could opt for a slightly used BMW with a B58 engine for a slightly higher price. The BMW offers greater luxury, superior technology, and overall better performance, making it a more compelling option in my opinion.

That's just an example.

I would probably do the BMW by that metric as well.

Does F1 still utilize ICE engines or have they shifted to electric? I remember watching a YouTube video on a professional driver driving around in an F1 car in a closed-to-traffic Times Sq. The comment section was full of comments saying F1 is no longer what it once was & that the fun factor has declined over the years.

As an engine supplier not as a team. Obviously they had a very storied racing history.

Toyota has won LeMans multiple times including a 1-2 manufacturer’s title this year

World Rally Champs

Toms Racing won Super GT 500 in a Supra

Yall enjoy this Honda tho

IMG_7170.jpeg

As an engine supplier not as a team. Obviously they had a very storied racing history.

Toyota has won LeMans multiple times including a 1-2 manufacturer’s title this year

World Rally Champs

IMG_7170.jpeg
i mean im sure anyone agrees running an f1 program and then being an engine supplier for the craziest racing in the world is more impressive. they were powering championship cars on the racetrack

im not a honda fanboy but fact is fact

World Rally Champs

IMG_7170.jpeg
OG motocompo was :emoji_fire:
DSC6805.jpg

DSC6795.jpg

PSX_20210727_091617.jpg

i mean im sure anyone agrees running an f1 program and then being an engine supplier for the craziest racing in the world is more impressive. they were powering championship cars on the racetrack

im not a honda fanboy but fact is fact

The facts remain Toyota is a mega conglomerate compared to Honda in regards to their vehicle lineup. Where the initial conversation was. They are not equals at all. Then the conversation got cute about a forklift and F1. Honda hasn’t been in F1 since 2021 tho Red Bull uses their engine. They return in 2026 supplying Aston Martin. Obviously Toyota said goodbye to F1 but is dominating elsewhere as I posted. Toyota is in NASCAR and Honda in INDYCar.

I stated much earlier Honda has a very storied racing history.

Back
Top Bottom