Post Your Dog dogs no vol.

i reallly want a english or french bulldog
pimp.gif

any owners on NT? with some pros cons opinions?

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by bwood056

Aze201 wrote:
I'd like to know as well.
I couldn't disagree more.

pretty stupid IMO.

i have a pit because i WANTED a pit.

not to be cool, or "act" hard.

i love the breed, and i love how they can be.

i absolutely HATE people that use them to fight.

my dog is very sweet and caring.

socialized her around tiny dogs, and even babies.

she has a personality as mine, laid back, and loves to play.

btw i used the fumigator treament at pet co, it was ight.

i bought the fumigator comb, and use it after i bathe my dog.

Here's what I can say....he's generalizing a lot.  That rule doesn't apply to all Pit owners, but it certainly applies to some (the stupid ones).  I mean people generally decide on a breed based on what they have been exposed to.  It's mostly the ghetto pit owners that I think he's referring to, and they are the unforunate few who spoil the breed and it's image for the rest of the world.

Just saying...

I'm sure every single pet owner on this board loves their dogs and treams them well - I know I do.

its people who are after that "image" that create that violent misconception over pits.  i hate those people
30t6p3b.gif
 pitbulls are amazing.

Originally Posted by bwood056

Aze201 wrote:
I'd like to know as well.
I couldn't disagree more.

pretty stupid IMO.

i have a pit because i WANTED a pit.

not to be cool, or "act" hard.

i love the breed, and i love how they can be.

i absolutely HATE people that use them to fight.

my dog is very sweet and caring.

socialized her around tiny dogs, and even babies.

she has a personality as mine, laid back, and loves to play.

btw i used the fumigator treament at pet co, it was ight.

i bought the fumigator comb, and use it after i bathe my dog.

Here's what I can say....he's generalizing a lot.  That rule doesn't apply to all Pit owners, but it certainly applies to some (the stupid ones).  I mean people generally decide on a breed based on what they have been exposed to.  It's mostly the ghetto pit owners that I think he's referring to, and they are the unforunate few who spoil the breed and it's image for the rest of the world.

Just saying...

I'm sure every single pet owner on this board loves their dogs and treams them well - I know I do.

its people who are after that "image" that create that violent misconception over pits.  i hate those people
30t6p3b.gif
 pitbulls are amazing.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

do you guys use any anti-flea oil rubs or tablets/medication for your dogs? any alternatives to prevent fleas/heart worms aside from k9 advantix or frontline? not tryna spend 75-100 dollars every 2-3 months on anti-flea solutions.

honestly, with the cheap alternatives, you get what you pay for. they dont work. spend the money on the good stuff. 

do you guys use any anti-flea oil rubs or tablets/medication for your dogs? any alternatives to prevent fleas/heart worms aside from k9 advantix or frontline? not tryna spend 75-100 dollars every 2-3 months on anti-flea solutions.

honestly, with the cheap alternatives, you get what you pay for. they dont work. spend the money on the good stuff. 

I have a suggestion for you....at Costco, they sell the 3 pack of applicators for the same price, no matter what size dogs you are buying them for.  Larger dogs obviously need more, so more comes in the individual applicators.  You can get a syringe from your local vet.  Use the syringe to pull out whatever the recommended dose is for your dog, unscrew the needle, and use the syringe to directly apply whatever amount to your dog.  
We have two small dogs, so we buy the biggest version and instead of getting 3 doses for $37.99, and then just pull out .7 ml from the green applicator, and apply to one dog, rinse and repeat.

Unless you have a large dog, then this is all useless information.

However, Costco sells it really cheap.  So go there.

I have a suggestion for you....at Costco, they sell the 3 pack of applicators for the same price, no matter what size dogs you are buying them for.  Larger dogs obviously need more, so more comes in the individual applicators.  You can get a syringe from your local vet.  Use the syringe to pull out whatever the recommended dose is for your dog, unscrew the needle, and use the syringe to directly apply whatever amount to your dog.  
We have two small dogs, so we buy the biggest version and instead of getting 3 doses for $37.99, and then just pull out .7 ml from the green applicator, and apply to one dog, rinse and repeat.

Unless you have a large dog, then this is all useless information.

Whatever you do, don't get biospot.  It's terrible, my mom almost lost her dog because of it.  Chalk it up to the cost of owning a dog.  If you have a fleet farm or other kind of farm supply store, the stuff usually runs cheaper.  I get the heartguard stuff from the vet since I'm pretty sure it's Rx only.  You can get it online too at possibly a cheaper price but I think they contact your vet first.

Whatever you do, don't get biospot.  It's terrible, my mom almost lost her dog because of it.  Chalk it up to the cost of owning a dog.  If you have a fleet farm or other kind of farm supply store, the stuff usually runs cheaper.  I get the heartguard stuff from the vet since I'm pretty sure it's Rx only.  You can get it online too at possibly a cheaper price but I think they contact your vet first.

Originally Posted by air max 87

pimp.gif

I think there's maybe 5 frenchie owners on NT. Pros:They're clowns and love to play.If they're not in the mood to play, theyll want to cuddle up next to you.Don't need much exercise.Girls LOVE frenchies.(Nawth can tell you about that!)Cons:Expensive-frenchies can cost anywhere from 2k-8k if bought from a reputable breeder.Can be stubborn.Prone to a lot of health problems- hip and spine problems, asthma, allergies

pimp.gif

I think there's maybe 5 frenchie owners on NT. Pros:They're clowns and love to play.If they're not in the mood to play, theyll want to cuddle up next to you.Don't need much exercise.Girls LOVE frenchies.(Nawth can tell you about that!)Cons:Expensive-frenchies can cost anywhere from 2k-8k if bought from a reputable breeder.Can be stubborn.Prone to a lot of health problems- hip and spine problems, asthma, allergies

pimp.gif

i get all my dogs stuff from costco.  bully sticks, dog food, turkey strips & raw hide rolls. im gonna cop a couple dog beds next time im out there.   costco holds it down
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

i get all my dogs stuff from costco.  bully sticks, dog food, turkey strips & raw hide rolls. im gonna cop a couple dog beds next time im out there.   costco holds it down
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Smokey13

Her is my Pixie Girl she is 4 year old english bulldog.

How much does she weigh? She looks like she's kinda small. I used to want a English bulldog until I heard about their slobbering.
She is about 45-50 pounds we keep her on diet dog food so she doesn’t get any bigger.

Her is my Pixie Girl she is 4 year old english bulldog.

How much does she weigh? She looks like she's kinda small. I used to want a English bulldog until I heard about their slobbering.
She is about 45-50 pounds we keep her on diet dog food so she doesn’t get any bigger.

pimp.gif

I think there's maybe 5 frenchie owners on NT. Pros: They're clowns and love to play. If they're not in the mood to play, theyll want to cuddle up next to you. Don't need much exercise. Girls LOVE frenchies.(Nawth can tell you about that!) Cons: Expensive-frenchies Bulldogs can cost anywhere from 2k-5k if bought from a reputable breeder. Can be stubborn. Prone to a lot of health problems- hip and spine problems, asthma, allergies
I think this is true with bulldog aswell

pimp.gif

I think there's maybe 5 frenchie owners on NT. Pros: They're clowns and love to play. If they're not in the mood to play, theyll want to cuddle up next to you. Don't need much exercise. Girls LOVE frenchies.(Nawth can tell you about that!) Cons: Expensive-frenchies Bulldogs can cost anywhere from 2k-5k if bought from a reputable breeder. Can be stubborn. Prone to a lot of health problems- hip and spine problems, asthma, allergies
I think this is true with bulldog aswell

Back
Top Bottom