Post Your Motorcycle

I'm actually terrified to ride alone, it was to the point that if it wasn't group ride then I wouldn't even ride

HAD A SPILL ON THE STREETFIGHTER AT THE TRACK LAST WEEK. FORTUNATELY THE ONLY DAMAGE DONE WAS A BENT SHIFTER AND SCRATCHED WATER PUMP. SHOP BE OUT THE SHOP BY THIS WEEKEND.
Glad to hear it was minimal bro. I'm assuming you're okay too? Hope so.

Took the bike out for a quick spin around town yesterday too. Gotta do my oil change and chain cleaning soon

YEA I'M FINE. HAD ALL MY TRACK GEAR ON. WAS REALLY ONLY A LOW SIDE SLIDE OUT. MY LEAN GAME WAS TOO STRONG ON ONE OF THE TURNS.

GOTTA LOVE NAKED BIKES THOUGH. WAS SHOCKED THAT THE DAMAGE WAS SO MINIMAL THE WATER PUMP STICKS OUT SO FAR ON THE LEFT SIDE IT'S ALMOST LIKE BUILT IN FRAME SLIDERS :lol:

Glad to hear you're ok! And that there's not much damage to the bike, take it easy on them curves

I got the Q3's put on yesterday, wow what a difference, feel super good and super sticky, hope gonna slowly get back to do some track days this year after the exhaust and a few more mods

I don't plan on riding with a group. I don't even know anyone who rides :lol:

RIDING WITH A GROUP IS MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE NOT TO MENTION, YOU HAVE OTHERS TO HELP LOOK OUT FOR YOU.
I much prefer riding alone, but to each his own. 

I agree, I like riding solo myself, only very few situations do I wanna ride to together

To me riding in large group, while at times can be helpful and fun, can also get you into situations, for example yesterday when I went for a spin around town I'm cruising down one of my local main roads (3 lanes on each side) and there is literally like a pack of 100+ sport bikes heading the opposite direction I'm headed and there's several bikes in the MIDDLE of the pack doing wheelies, indos and other tricks, now mind you this was in the middle of the afternoon with some what heavy traffic with three cops behind the pack with flashing lights trying to pull them over, it was really a mess and dangerous more than anything

I don't plan on riding with a group. I don't even know anyone who rides :lol:

RIDING WITH A GROUP IS MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE NOT TO MENTION, YOU HAVE OTHERS TO HELP LOOK OUT FOR YOU.
I much prefer riding alone, but to each his own. 

I agree, I like riding solo myself, only very few situations do I wanna ride to together

To me riding in large group, while at times can be helpful and fun, can also get you into situations, for example yesterday when I went for a spin around town I'm cruising down one of my local main roads (3 lanes on each side) and there is literally like a pack of 100+ sport bikes heading the opposite direction I'm headed and there's several bikes in the MIDDLE of the pack doing wheelies, indos and other tricks, now mind you this was in the middle of the afternoon with some what heavy traffic with three cops behind the pack with flashing lights trying to pull them over, it was really a mess and dangerous more than anything

the MAJOR KEY for riding in a group, no matter what your level of experience, is riding within your capabilities! related to that is to keep enough spacing/time between you and the bikes around you to be able to maneuver/react.

the next thing is being aware of who you are riding with and the way they ride, and not letting they get you to ride over your ability...it is really easy when in a group to get caught up in the moment and then get over your head. THEY DON"T WANT TO SEE YOU OUTCHEA RIDING SAFE BRUV

if your fellow riders are helpful/understandiing riding with experience riders can be a really good thing, at times following them so you can see their body & lane position and them following you to give you pointers about the way you are riding...

Last edited:
Personally I like riding alone because I kinda zone out in a way; I guess you could say it's like I'm meditating.

Plus I typically don't have a set destination and I stop whenever I feel like so I can walk around and take pictures.

What kind of oil is everyone using in there bikes. I've heard good things about Rotella.

I use Valvoline 4 Stroke Conventional. Can't complain at $3.97/quart at WalMart. Been using it for 3+ years now and no issues. Change it every ≈4,000 miles or the start of every season; whichever comes first.

I ride a GS500F though and I don't exactly ride that hard. I'd probably spend a little more on the oil if I was on a Supersport doing track days.

Just cleaned up my chain and changed my oil over the weekend. I was hoping to ride today but the weather's pretty wet and gloomy.

^I use Motul and love it, but pretty much you can't go wrong with any of the major brands synthetic or conventional

Just ordered Alpinestars SMX-1s. I've been wearing Alpinestars Fastlanes for the past 3 seasons and I was looking for something with a more substantial outsole. I feel like I put a hole in the Fastlanes pretty quick.

Hopefully the SMX-1s are even better. I'll post pics in here once I get them in

http://www.bikebandit.com/riding-ge...cle-boots/alpinestars-s-mx-1-motorcycle-boots

Not bad.

I have these.

http://www.bikebandit.com/riding-ge...ycle-boots/sidi-streetburner-motorcycle-boots

Took my bike out yesterday. It was in the high 70s and real nice. I gotta get ready to do an oil change. I heard they stopped selling Repsol oil in the states, gotta figure that out.

^have you tried Motul? I use it and love it!

Finally got the power commander, autotune and windscreen in, just waiting on the exhaust system to install everything

Last edited:
Halfway in the video, he says there is no law in NY banning Go Pros on vehicles so the cop was probably just harassing him and wanted to see if he had a record. Typical cop BS.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to ban them because they think it encourages us to do stupid **** on bikes. I think they're good to have for our own safety. I really wish we had one when we had our incident a few years ago.

I HAVE MY GOPRO MOUNTED DIRECTLY ON MY HELMET RIGHT ON THE CHIN PART. WILL TAKE PICS LATER ON TODAY. I WISH THEY WOULD TRY AND BAN THEM HERE IN HOUSTON :lol:

Halfway in the video, he says there is no law in NY banning Go Pros on vehicles so the cop was probably just harassing him and wanted to see if he had a record. Typical cop BS.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to ban them because they think it encourages us to do stupid **** on bikes. I think they're good to have for our own safety. I really wish we had one when we had our incident a few years ago.

while i'm pretty sure there isn't a specific law against gopros, i think there may be some technicality against having anything pertruding from/on a helmet that isn't actually apart of the helmet...i remember a few years ago when those helmet mohawks were getting popular up here people were getting pulled over on that...it prolly is at the officer's discretion, kinda like riding with a faulty taillight when in a car...

A little different but like 2 years back had a friend almost get his go pro taken because it was on while we went over the rfk bridge. Apparently you can't record on bridges or in tunnels.

Last edited:
Ol' lady said she wants me to quit riding. Says she worries about me while I'm out there. Pulled out all the stops to convince her that I was a safe rider, then she hits me with "what if I get pregnant and something happens to you and you can't be there for our family?"

Had no response for that. :smh:

I'm not trying to get rid of Gina, but I see where my girl's coming from. Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom