Post Your Motorcycle

Ol' lady said she wants me to quit riding. Says she worries about me while I'm out there. Pulled out all the stops to convince her that I was a safe rider, then she hits me with "what if I get pregnant and something happens to you and you can't be there for our family?"

Had no response for that. :smh:

I'm not trying to get rid of Gina, but I see where my girl's coming from. Any advice?

Convince your girl to start riding with you.

But in all seriousness maybe you should consider hanging it up. I feel like I probably will when I have a family on the way. I'd give it up for my future wife, def not for a girlfriend. I'm young though so I don't have to worry about marriage for a while. My dad gave up riding before my older brother was born but my mom was cool with him starting up again a few years ago.

I got you. The flu causes more deaths per year than a motorcycle does.
Does she drink? Alchol kills more people per year than a motorcycle does.
Does she text and drive? (Majority of people do). Guess what it kills more people per year than motorcycles do.

Case closed

Halfway in the video, he says there is no law in NY banning Go Pros on vehicles so the cop was probably just harassing him and wanted to see if he had a record. Typical cop BS.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to ban them because they think it encourages us to do stupid **** on bikes. I think they're good to have for our own safety. I really wish we had one when we had our incident a few years ago.

It's really disturbing to see NYPD cops stopping someone who didn't do anything wrong, just to waste their time. What upset me most was the cop fabricating laws about not being able to have on a GoPro. I do understand that they sometimes encourage some riders to go out on the streets and do something foolish, but the safety benefits outweigh potential transgressions.

I'm for having GoPro's on riders. Cars do not respect riders, and more often than not you'll see a hit and run happen. The rider needs to have something to protect them.

Ol' lady said she wants me to quit riding. Says she worries about me while I'm out there. Pulled out all the stops to convince her that I was a safe rider, then she hits me with "what if I get pregnant and something happens to you and you can't be there for our family?"

Had no response for that. :smh:

I'm not trying to get rid of Gina, but I see where my girl's coming from. Any advice?

That's a really tough situation to be in. How long have you been riding? I guess it really depends on your girl. You can convince her how safe of a rider you are, but some people just can't get past the possibility of being in an accident.

Maybe if you took some MSF courses and had her ride with you to show her how safe you ride it will help.

I just recently started getting into the hobby and I could see myself giving it up before I start having a family.

Last edited:
Working on the exhaust

Wish my white wheels were that clean :rolleyes

Need to stop spending so much on my car and invest some money into the bike. Maybe after I take it in for the stator recall I'll actually spend some money on it.

^Thanks but I am having some help along way from a friend who used to race professionally in Europe

My plan is eventually to turn in this into a track bike only within the next year or so

^will do bro, we still a few things to finish up once it gets all done, we should be done tomorrow or that latest monday, I will make a video and post it up!

my bike won't be done until September at the earliest. :smh:

Really considering buying that new Dyna Lowrider S so I can ride while building the FXR.

My bike has been having issues starting up for the past few weeks. I think something is up with the starter clutch but it's way too cold to be doing any wrenching.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Last edited:
My bike has been having issues starting up for the past few weeks. I think something is up with the starter clutch but it's way too cold to be doing any wrenching.

Feelsbadman.jpg
Charge the battery or get a new one.
If it's been during the winter, heads tend to forget to d/c the charge cables n it slowly drains it.
Start with that.

Last edited:

Feelsbadman.jpg
Charge the battery or get a new one.
If it's been during the winter, heads tend to forget to d/c the charge cables n it slowly drains it.
Start with that.

I keep it on a battery tender during the winter but I bought a fresh battery a couple days ago anyway. That still didn't fix it. Looked into it a little more and it might be a bad solenoid.

It's literally freezing out here though so I guess I'll just have to wait.

Last edited:
Based on the video they're both idiots who escalated the situation.

If I'm on my bike I'm not getting into it with with someone in a 2 ton car. That can only end badly for me.

Not sure if y'all seen this elsewhere, but be safe out there.

#BANANAS...once he realized ol' boy was on one at the second light, the rider probably should have chilled right there and either waited for dude to go on about his day or pulled the bike over...that driver liked to have seriously injured the rider...

i literally split lanes at red lights about 90% of the time (there have even been times where i have accidentally nudged a side mirror or 2, without incident), i wonder what rubbed dude so wrong?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom