Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Anyone seen this on an on-field before? It’s a Mets blue/orange, grey underbrim but black sweatband. I thought it’s white sweatband with grey underbrim, and then it changed to black/black after.

42233BCD-944C-4BCD-9CEA-784427C65808.jpeg

mkc1983 mkc1983 it's an old on-field from 2016 the Mets wore as a "retro" cap (that's why it has the grey under).

They had the 1991 throwback uniforms as a regular alt uniform that season.

Note the cap has a blue button and the orange logo is actually a brighter shade than the regular caps.

* the price tag description is wrong so that's probably what made it confusing to you.

^yeah. I want to say it was a TBTC type of cap they wore for the 2016 season to commemorate 30 years from their 1986 squad.

According to uniformlineup.com, a website that catalogs all mlb teams caps and jerseys since 2012, they wore that cap 15 times. 14 with the striped 86 mets jersey and once with the grey 86 mets jersey. 2016 marked about the time NE was starting with imported materials on everyday caps. I want to say it started with TBTC type hats, and into the WS patched caps. It really didnt become a normal thing until this past season.. That cap went on clerance at lids for $8. Best believe I have a couple lol.

green rhino123 green rhino123

Heres the damage up close

'07-'08 road Braves
'12-'15 home Braves
'12-'15 home Orioles
'12-'15 road Orioles
'07-'08 alternate Orioles
----
'09-'11 cool base home Tigers
'12-'15 road Tigers
'09-'11 cool base hme & alternate set Red Sox
----
'09-'11 cool base navy/red TC road Twins & 2 x '09-'11 cool base M alternate Twins
'12-'15 navy TC home Twins
'12-'15 black home/away Marlins
----
'12-'15 alternate Mariners
'12-'15 home A's
'12-'15 home/away Blue Jays
'12-'15 alternate Giants
'14-'15 military appreciate game cap Mets
10hr8k8.jpg

Regret not getting the Giants all black, Marlins all orange, and a couple others.

Have had my eyes on the braves home for ages. Never seen it for cheaper than $20, ever. Even eastbay and minorleagues.com didnt have a couple of these a few years back. Best of all, I want to say all but one are my true size (7 7/8 ), a size NE truly seems to no longer make. All I see now is 7 3/4 or 8, so this just adds to the greatness of this wrigleyvillesports deal.

Their diamond era SP type caps had an even greater variety if that is what you are into. I truly laugh at people dropping $40 plus shipping and tax for the "newest". Its sad a website like this has to sell and inventory sale off some of their better items in return for the flagged crap. I guess they dont know any better

Last edited:
Welp. Philly won me some sb money.

Those last few missing caps left me up at night (knowing eBay has nothing cheaper than $25/per) so wrigleyvillesports had another visit.
6B0479F4-D867-43A6-AB48-75392BF76835.jpeg

Again. All made in USA in their pre flag glory.

Ended up with a

2012-2015 giants , Marlins, Cardinals red
2007 pre blue tag mets
2009-2011 cool base Cardinals Navy
2009-2011 cool base reds all red
2007 era blue tag Brewers.

All in 100% perfect mint condition. Couldn't be happier with $10/hat shipped and tax. Bargain bin for supreme quality.

I had most in their wool counterpart. But it all started when I visited a lids a couple days ago. Pro light is garbage. Imported materials is a joke and all of it costs $40/cap. Now I hear the oversized devil day throwback cap is selling out. Most people are inherently stupid. I guess I try to be a bit more progressive towards past milestones.

I did pass on some diamond era caps. They are notoriously known to be made in China and lack the depth of these caps.

I made the right decision.

And just like that, I think I have a major complete set of every MLB team. Couldn't do it without these see discounts.

Welp. Philly won me some sb money.

Those last few missing caps left me up at night (knowing eBay has nothing cheaper than $25/per) so wrigleyvillesports had another visit.
6B0479F4-D867-43A6-AB48-75392BF76835.jpeg

Again. All made in USA in their pre flag glory.

Ended up with a

2012-2015 giants , Marlins, Cardinals red
2007 pre blue tag mets
2009-2011 cool base Cardinals Navy
2009-2011 cool base reds all red
2007 era blue tag Brewers.

All in 100% perfect mint condition. Couldn't be happier with $10/hat shipped and tax. Bargain bin for supreme quality.

I had most in their wool counterpart. But it all started when I visited a lids a couple days ago. Pro light is garbage. Imported materials is a joke and all of it costs $40/cap. Now I hear the oversized devil day throwback cap is selling out. Most people are inherently stupid. I guess I try to be a bit more progressive towards past milestones.

I did pass on some diamond era caps. They are notoriously known to be made in China and lack the depth of these caps.

I made the right decision.

And just like that, I think I have a major complete set of every MLB team. Couldn't do it without these see discounts.

Wait, you got all these from a website for $10 each?!

tarheelz07 tarheelz07 yeah man. $10 shipped (no taxes or shipping fees). A straight $10/non flagged FITTED is quite the steal. Ebay is mostly looking in the $15-$25 range on average. 90% of them will sit on ice for a few years as I wear down some other caps. I dont ever see the flag disappearing, so for 10 bills, the choice was easy.

Mickeysplace is having a presidents day sale.. code is PRESIDENT. 30% off. Most if not all of their retros are Chinese made. so take that info as you may. I wouldnt pay retail but would happily drop $20 range for some of their retros

thejacobsharp thejacobsharp Hearing they fit a bit snug. They are a sort of nylon material. Very cheaply made it would appear. They are going NIKE status and calling thin crappy material "light weight marvels".

Lids just dropped their retro classic batting practice line. Most seem accurate to the 1999 era. All have mesh bills and crowns. Not my style @ all. Real wool for LIFE!

Lids is having $20 off $70 deal ($10 off $40 I believe), excluding pro light. But you can get two retro classics with free shipping for about $26/hat. It's an okay deal if you stay within the $70 range, since its not a % off coupon

Last edited:
tarheelz07 tarheelz07 yeah man. $10 shipped (no taxes or shipping fees). A straight $10/non flagged FITTED is quite the steal. Ebay is mostly looking in the $15-$25 range on average. 90% of them will sit on ice for a few years as I wear down some other caps. I dont ever see the flag disappearing, so for 10 bills, the choice was easy.

Mickeysplace is having a presidents day sale.. code is PRESIDENT. 30% off. Most if not all of their retros are Chinese made. so take that info as you may. I wouldnt pay retail but would happily drop $20 range for some of their retros

thejacobsharp thejacobsharp Hearing they fit a bit snug. They are a sort of nylon material. Very cheaply made it would appear. They are going NIKE status and calling thin crappy material "light weight marvels".

Lids just dropped their retro classic batting practice line. Most seem accurate to the 1999 era. All have mesh bills and crowns. Not my style @ all. Real wool for LIFE!

Lids is having $20 off $70 deal ($10 off $40 I believe), excluding pro light. But you can get two retro classics with free shipping for about $26/hat. It's an okay deal if you stay within the $70 range, since its not a % off coupon

That’s frekin awesome man. I tried to find them, but couldn’t. Maybe I was on the wrong site?

86C74031-2339-4E4C-AB24-A256914D5BCC.jpeg
Hey does anyone know of any good sites that have custom fitteds like these..I got these from myfitteds and craniumfitteds...to match shoes I have ..the only other site I know is ecapcity..let me know other good sites

Any of y’all own any Ebbets Field flannel hats? Wondering on quality. Just copped 3 new on eBay for $90

Just copped some joints off hatclub, will post when they come in

giphy.gif

Any of y’all own any Ebbets Field flannel hats? Wondering on quality. Just copped 3 new on eBay for $90

Quality is good except they no longer make them with leather sweatbands - they're cotton now...which defeats the purpose imo.
Why go the lengths to accurate logos, quality materials, satin taping & buckram to support the front panels then put a cotton sweatband in?

Speaking of Ebbett's, ahat ahat posted a link of new arrivals and this 1940 Boston Royal Giants Negro League road jersey
caught my eye...

boston royal giants road jersey.jpg

Only thing...no one makes the correct cap to go with it so this decreases interest for me anyway.

OG cap for reference...

boston royal giants cap.jpg

...Notice it has white stitching around the vents. Very unique. If it was just the red beanie - that would be an easy customization.
The Red Sox did wear a rendition of this uniform for a tbtc game but the hat is the current style, not the correct old school style....

img-374735-m.jpg

the batting practice mesh fitteds lids selling look valid but only for a couple teams. rangers looks official tho.
41559FDF-FE9D-4EEA-A176-3F9998D7E5E3.png

Back
Top Bottom