Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by CJ863

anyone know about different type of ink? I don't know if the artists that have done my tattoos are using black ink that fades or it's just my skin but each on of my tats never ends up black... they always seem to fade to a
dark greenish color... any ideas?

Dark green?

What kinda artists do you go to?
professional artists of course... it's hard to describe the actual color... all I know is that it's not black... I'm thinking it may be my skin tone.

Seems like they are using Indian Ink

if ur dark skin... yeah its ur skin.

any every tattoo has meaning after its done.

tattoos should be a reminder for a time in your life.

you should be able to look at a tattoo and remember everything about your life that culminated in that one day.

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

you should be able to look at a tattoo and remember everything about your life that culminated in that one day.

Very true. Never used to see that since I didn't know any better but just the act of getting a tattoo has a whole story behind it, whether it is a piece of art or not. I read Kat Von D's book and most of her tats are like year book markings. She just goes off explaining how each came to play. I guess you have to understand the whole tattoo thing to really get it.

Speaking of polynesian tattoos....I love The Rocks tat.

4103.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Fongstar you always talk about tattoos with meaning..whats the meaning of that skull that everybody has to you

Haha...good question (I knew I'd get called out). I guess I am realizing this tattoo thing becoming a whole homage to my non-existent japanese side that I have (I am half). I have been going to a lot of book stores in my nearby Japantown area and just kind of fell in love with Japanese tattoos, when I swore I would never get one. The skull tattoo is nothing new and nothing that hasn't been seen in tattoo art. I got that straight out of a book that some Japanese artist did (Ichibay). I believe it is a demon skull and if I wanted to be all symbolic about it....it could represent demons that a person might be battling with in their life. I am not going to fake the funk cause I've been pretty blessed considering and wouldn't even dare say I am battling demons like others out there.

Again., it is kind of a homage to my Japanese side, but on the real...I just think it looks cool.

The rest of your explanation was unnecessary.
laugh.gif

I want my koi fish done too, and quiet frankly the only reason being it looks dope.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

Very true. Never used to see that since I didn't know any better but just the act of getting a tattoo has a whole story behind it, whether it is a piece of art or not. I read Kat Von D's book and most of her tats are like year book markings. She just goes off explaining how each came to play. I guess you have to understand the whole tattoo thing to really get it.

Speaking of polynesian tattoos....I love The Rocks tat.

4103.jpg

You had to remind me
laugh.gif
He suppose to come through my boy's shop this year to get more added.

I want to get a chest plate sooooooo bad!!!! Which is why i'm hittin' the gym 3x harder
ohwell.gif

anybody have any tips as to what to do about working out after just getting a tattoo?
should i just wait it out?

my buddy recommends i don't do anything, saying the ink will come out of my pores, etc....

5288.......I literally hate asian character but that actually came out good. Only thing though is my friend saw it and she said it is phrased wrong. Something to do that in chinese, you wouldn't tattoo yourself "I am a blessed person" in a sentence form. Not trying to downplay the tattoo cause it looks good but that is what she is telling that you wouldn't tattoo that phrase in that way.

And Mayers tattoo is really good. Didn't think he was the type of person to get a sleeve but it works.

Adam Levin had a crappy guitar tattoo but it got filled into a sleeve and not it looks way better:

img_0110.jpg

3022676426_511218185e.jpg

And I just set an appointment to get this tattooed on my inner arm this saturday. This will be my 2nd tattoo but will just be the outline for now and will get full color later.

a-clock-with-no-hands-61.jpg
i asked my mom and my chinese professor at ucla. there is no literal translation for blessed and my tattoo artist is from china. born and raised. literally it is translated to "One who is given fortune... aka blessed" 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What you guys opinion on getting almost exactly the same tattoo as another person? I wanna get the same back piece as xzibits "it hurts 2 be here" tattoo but a lil different and bolder font.
nerd.gif

5288.....I was kind of just repeating something that was told to me. I didn't quite get it too but I figure I'd tell you anyways what was told to me.

And 17708, I think literally there is no original tattoos no more. I mean my personal opinion is to get something different from the norm but even I found out that my tattoo was far from original. Just get something that you can see yourself having for the rest of your life and being positive having it.

Oh yeah...check it out:

3774628041_f93f8c704e_o.jpg

5288.....I was kind of just repeating something that was told to me. I didn't quite get it too but I figure I'd tell you anyways what was told to me.

And 17708, I think literally there is no original tattoos no more. I mean my personal opinion is to get something different from the norm but even I found out that my tattoo was far from original. Just get something that you can see yourself having for the rest of your life and being positive having it.

Oh yeah...check it out:

3774628041_f93f8c704e_o.jpg

This is really dope im feeling this, whats that skull at the top of your arm from it looks familiar

god, usugrow's work is so *#@@##% sick
i'd love to get that pirate piece of his tatted
it's the one with the long hair with the skulls, it's too dope

EDIT:

Neztayy, that is clean
pimp.gif

Does anyone have good websites for koi fish/dragon art? I'm planing on getting a Koi fish tattoo and a Korean dragon tattoo but I need ideas on how to work them into one piece on my shoulder/arm. I want it in one piece because of the whole 'Koi turning into a dragon' legend, and I know that some of you guys that are deep in the tattoo game have some nice links.

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

anybody have any tips as to what to do about working out after just getting a tattoo?
should i just wait it out?

my buddy recommends i don't do anything, saying the ink will come out of my pores, etc....

Im going to speak about what i do and what ive done over the last 15 years or so.
Both arms/shoulders/traps/neck/back done. I usually dont do anything different just because i get work done.
I mean the day after i get back work done well i wont train my back of course , but everything else still is the same.
Just burns a little from the sweat and you NEED to clean it asap. Need to watch on some parts of your body though if scabs
start to break open. Some parts on your forearm take longer to heal because that area is always in use type of thing.

The one thing i dont do is train the day of getting a large amount of work done. 

Thanks Regent for your advice! I'm still contemplating on what to do, I'm reading a bunch of conflicting opinions.

Just got my gf her first one for Christmas.

I did the layout design, CJ from ClubTattoo (dotcom) did the intricates - feather idea is from a threadless tshirt, represent her Native American side. Blossoms are for her Japanese side.

I think it came out really well.

Picture3-vi.png

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

Thanks Regent for your advice! I'm still contemplating on what to do, I'm reading a bunch of conflicting opinions.

i think you'll be good. i do kung-fu, and i've gone to kung-fu a day after getting my ink done. i sweat my *!% off in there. just be sure to clean it up as soon as your done.

i got an appointment on the 20th to start working on my 1/2 sleeve

how much do half sleeves normally run? (price range)

I'm trying to get a piece done about Florida

It amazes me how people talk about the pain of getting a tattoo and then I get all shook and then see some chick get a monster tattoo on a sensitive area and feel like a chump for saying that.

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

how much do half sleeves normally run? (price range)

I'm trying to get a piece done about Florida

All tattoos usually should be priced by the hour. So the more intricate the tattoo, the more it will cost to get it done (ie portraits usually cost more then a straight lined tattoo). So the answer to your question is it depends on the artwork and how much the tattoo artists charges. I haven't gone to a ton of tattoo parlors but the 3 that I have been too all range from $150-180 and hour.

In saying that though, what's weird with my experience was when I did the math, my tat artist didn't charge me what he quoted. I did like a total of 4 hours at $180 an hour (which should be $720 total) but my tat was about $500 which is like $125 an hour. So I think by the end of it, the tattoo artist just charges according to how he or she feels it is worth. Don't quote me on that though.

Mr Fongstarr

can you post pics of your tat you got for 500?

a tattoo last for life so im trying to get a good artist to do my half sleeve and im willing to travel to get it done

Back
Top Bottom