Post your TATS vol. inked for life

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

this snowflake concept would look nice on me, if i was white... and maybe lived where it snowed 24/7
They are just geometric shapes, patterns and fractal patterns, not snowflakes.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

i think i found my guy..

i been struggling to nail a concept for the longest because im really fussy.....but i think i might just give this dude free license to decorate me
laugh.gif
he uses a dotting technique, cant really see it too good on these pictures but their's some examples on his website.

tomas tomas, london.
Wow, his work is really really good. Xed leHead's work is also crazy. Too bad I'm thousands of miles away from either. I must go see Tomas Tomas someday...

I got a question & I figured I'd ask it here before going to a tattoo artist. Perhaps NT can help.

Is it common for tattoo artists to do other people's work?

I don't want this to sound like I'm just jacking dude's tattoo idea, but I've been wanting a Mike Giant x Usugrow skull themed sleeve for a long time now (like a year and change). The two just seem to have a sort of Picasso & Braque type of relationship (to me) in the art world, however unintentional it is. I say those two because while there are other artists today that seem to specialize in black/white, highly stylized pieces, those two are my favorites.

I want something incorporating 2 skulls from each artist. I think it would be cool that as you look up and down the sleeve, you will certainly notice the 2 varying styles. It'd be nice if more skulls could fit my arms, but a) I'm skinny and b) more skulls would mean smaller skulls and less detail.

^^^^^Yeah...super common. I check the Rebel 8 blog on the daily and they always show tattoos that fans have gotten of Mike Giant artwork and all were not done by him. Actually at one point, Mike Giant stopped doing tattoos but now he doing it again if the situations is right. I spoke to him at one of his art shows and he said it just depends on the artwork and he'll only do 3 hours max on a tat at I thik $300 an hour.

yikes! $300/hr. I know he stopped doing tats but I didn't know he started again, albeit limited work. Thanks for the quick reply my dude. I'll soon be shaping up my idea and bringing it to the very capable artists down at NY Adorned.

Anyways....here's my 3 hour session from yesterday. What's crazy is I came in and thought I was going to get something totally different. The idea at first was to this skull more on my lower forearm but talking to the tattoo artist and laying out the outline away from my other tattoo, he convinced me that it will make sense to get it larger and higher near the pit of my arm to see all of it.

Still about 2 more sessions to go so I didn't expect to be satisfied yet but the tattoo is clean though.

like-a-tattoo-part-3-2.jpg

like-a-tattoo-part-3-3.jpg

like-a-tattoo-part-3-1.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

That was shot literally the day of my fill in. It's not as dark as the picture anymore but surprisingly, it is darker then a lot of tats I see on other people. The guy used good ink I am assuming or my skin just took to the ink and healed right. I do get a lot of positive remarks on it but as stated on this post numerous times, I am just not that happy with it. I think the tattoo artist did a good job for what it is but it isn't the style tattoo that I've come to really like now. If the money is right, I am thinking about coloring the whole thing....which goes against the grain of Usugrow artwork but will ultimately make me happier.

I think i posted this pic before but I would have gotten a tat like this instead of a all black one.

will_owl.jpg

Hey dude for Inspiration on your tat.. Did u get it from Jeremy Fish

like-a-tattoo-part-3-1.jpg
pimp.gif
Good stuff..what else needs to be completed in those other 2 sessions? and that healing is so annoying in the pit of the arm..I could barely bend my arm for 2 days
laugh.gif

^^^^Thanks. Yeah...not moving your arm is a pain. I have to brush my teeth and eat with my left hand which is a pint. I am still kind of on the fence after my first session but the plan was to get full color on this piece. In the healing process, I'll see if I want to leave it black and white or have it colored.

He has a studio in Yokohoma Japan (Yellow Blaze Studio) but in his book, he travels to the US a lot. Google his name (Shige) and he has a myspace and everything. I don't think he does the poking style and is more of a modern day japanese tattoo artists....meaning he does Japanese inspired art but puts his own spin on it.

Thanks, his work definitely looks sick.  How do the customers even come up with ideas like those or do they choose what they want from his book or something?

Do you know how much he usually charges?

Got some work done yesterday... 
Going back to get the top half of my arm done Friday of this week and finish my sleeve...

Anyone got tips on how they care for their tat? People that I have been showing have noticed how crappy the other one looks compared to the new one and I thinking I might have not totally taken care of it like I should. Just wondering if anyone has any of their own personal tips...thanks.

on my last tat i did a much better job than my others. i would apply a super thin layer of a&d everytime i noticed it wasnt shiny, did this for like 2 weeks. still dark and sexy
smile.gif

Anyone got tips on how they care for their tat? People that I have been showing have noticed how crappy the other one looks compared to the new one and I thinking I might have not totally taken care of it like I should. Just wondering if anyone has any of their own personal tips...thanks.

My tattoo artist told me stay away from A&D ointment... He gave me this Tattoo Goo and told me its the best stuff to use... Its a combination of Olive oil, cocoa butter, vitamin e, bees wax and a few other things... It helps a lot with the itching and the healing process.... especially the itching...

3774628041_f93f8c704e_o.jpg
*drools*  You guys have to stop posting stuff like this or my willpower is going to finally give in and I'll end up with a sleeve. That's beautiful, geez.

I'm gonna add to my rib tattoo soon. Right now it's just the initials of my mom dad and brother but I'm drawing up some stuff I'd like to do around it so it flows better. I was thinking purple roses around my mom's initial bc they're her favorite flower, and then I'd like to put a lotus styled like the one above near my dad's initial. Or maybe bamboo, because he's such a tranquil, spiritual guy. I was also thinking a phoenix.

I draw tattoos constantly so I always like to wait until I'm settled on something for at least a year with no changes before I get it.

Back
Top Bottom