Post your TATS vol. inked for life

like-a-tattoo-part-2-2.jpg

It was 5 bills and some change. I think I gave him $50 total for the two sessions.

That was shot literally the day of my fill in. It's not as dark as the picture anymore but surprisingly, it is darker then a lot of tats I see on other people. The guy used good ink I am assuming or my skin just took to the ink and healed right. I do get a lot of positive remarks on it but as stated on this post numerous times, I am just not that happy with it. I think the tattoo artist did a good job for what it is but it isn't the style tattoo that I've come to really like now. If the money is right, I am thinking about coloring the whole thing....which goes against the grain of Usugrow artwork but will ultimately make me happier.

I think i posted this pic before but I would have gotten a tat like this instead of a all black one.

will_owl.jpg

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

how much do half sleeves normally run? (price range)

I'm trying to get a piece done about Florida

It really depends. If you have a certain design/picture/art that you want to get inked. They'll most likely trace in on to your body, those are the types that usually do per hours.

Then there are those that judge of how big the tattoo really is, and they just stick a price on it
laugh.gif
Like mine, my tattoo is huge, but all together I probably spent like only 350

yeah im lookin to get like a half sleeve of nothing but stuff that has to do with florida but i want it nice and detailed but its like i wanna find a good legit artist so its a process

what you guys think

One of One, None before me, None to Come. ????????????????????????????????????????????????

jay z line but i just changed the him to me. but i love it.

jeremy fish is excellent, sometimes i get the picture and i can figure it out what its suppose to mean.

hes a tough dude to decipher.

i think i found my guy..

i been struggling to nail a concept for the longest because im really fussy.....but i think i might just give this dude free license to decorate me
laugh.gif
he uses a dotting technique, cant really see it too good on these pictures but their's some examples on his website.

tomas tomas, london.

14.jpg

19.jpg

13.jpg

website...

Originally Posted by oo71:nerd:o

jeremy fish is excellent, sometimes i get the picture and i can figure it out what its suppose to mean.

hes a tough dude to decipher.

I honestly think most of the time, he just draws off the top of his head rather than having meaning. I love Jeremy Fish though. In a weird way, I kind of wish he did like kids books...but with darker stories.

Originally Posted by RavageEnt2009

Having No tats =Priceless

Tattoos are definitely a hate or love thing. I don't know that many people that just sort of like it. More power to people that don't get them and more power to people that do.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Horimitsu does one of the best Japanese Sleeves

http://translate.google.c...n-US:wow:fficial%26hs%3D70m

Pretty sick...but I like Shige better. These are pics from his book that I took. Sot be a bill for the book it but I love it:

whats-in-a-book-2.jpg

whats-in-a-book-4.jpg

whats-in-a-book-11.jpg

Some more pics here that I can't put up on here on my blog: http://fongstarr.com/2010/01/12/whats-in-a-book/

The female back tats are so dope.

Where is he located?  Also does he do hand poking tattoos like Horitmitsu?  I always wondered how that felt

Originally Posted by Smedroc

i think i found my guy..

i been struggling to nail a concept for the longest because im really fussy.....but i think i might just give this dude free license to decorate me
laugh.gif
he uses a dotting technique, cant really see it too good on these pictures but their's some examples on his website.

tomas tomas, london.
You and I both! If only...

Tomas Tomas is good but I think I'd prefer Xed LeHead for that same style. Both used to be at the same shop.

He has a studio in Yokohoma Japan (Yellow Blaze Studio) but in his book, he travels to the US a lot. Google his name (Shige) and he has a myspace and everything. I don't think he does the poking style and is more of a modern day japanese tattoo artists....meaning he does Japanese inspired art but puts his own spin on it.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Originally Posted by Smedroc

i think i found my guy..

laugh.gif

tomas tomas, london.
You and I both! If only...

Tomas Tomas is good but I think I'd prefer Xed LeHead for that same style. Both used to be at the same shop.
never heard of dude before....his work is cold though!

gonna have to leave some space somewhere for my dude
laugh.gif

best japanese style artist in new york? i emailed chris odonnell but he seems to be booked for a long while..

yeah 2nd that^^^ if i were to get any type of tattoo it would be one of those yakuza style sleeves

Back
Top Bottom