Post your TATS vol. inked for life

he cant get that colored...he's too dark
the artist probably should have used harder lines aswell...it shows better on darker skin

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

the artist probably should have used harder lines aswell...it shows better on darker skin

i was just askin cause some dudes are stuborn as %%!%, i seen this one kid dark as night and he wanted color, the artist was
grin.gif
and kept tellin him its awaste....

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

talking about mine?? he has to go back over some lines plus do a lot more shading. It looks "gray" because of the A&D ointment. The artisttold me certain colors show on dark skin and mixed colors. I havent decided if i want to color in the flowers yet

I plan on starting on my half sleeve pretty soon.. I'm black, but my upper arms aare pretty light.. If they do tan its like a caramel color. The artistsaid red/blues/greens should be able to show, but no yellows and light colors (obviously)..

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I plan on starting on my half sleeve pretty soon.. I'm black, but my upper arms aare pretty light.. If they do tan its like a caramel color. The artist said red/blues/greens should be able to show, but no yellows and light colors (obviously)..

youre dark skin?

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I plan on starting on my half sleeve pretty soon.. I'm black, but my upper arms aare pretty light.. If they do tan its like a caramel color. The artist said red/blues/greens should be able to show, but no yellows and light colors (obviously)..

youre dark skin?
no not at all.. I'd say caramel complected.. My upper arms are even lighter tho throughout the year.

Night Marcher01 wrote:

Interesting... so what's the meanings?

nwick001:
this is pretty awesome. I like how all the lines and patterns compliment each other. I've been wanting to do something like this but i would want my tattoo for meaning over art. just my 2 cents. can you explain yours?
I'm not going to go into detail because it's too long describe but each symbol represents something. It is my family's history from mygreat-grandparents, grandparents, mom, dad, step-dad, sister, 2 brothers, and my niece. But for this pattern on my arm, it mainly represents my moms side ofthe family because I haven't been close with any of my family members on my fathers side (ever since he died. but i'm slowly rekindling with themagain).

Originally Posted by Bigtomdawg

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

Originally Posted by BayEST

Collar bone is my mom's signature exactly replicated from MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Ribs is her lifetime in roman numerals (1950 2005)

Portrait is her college headshot.

33zb9g7.jpg
MAN BRUH!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
2 clean

anybody know what font that is?

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

Originally Posted by Boot and Leg

Holy Cow there's a ton of crappy tats here.
which is why i just cant get the balls to go get my first tat ... smh
make sure you have an idea that's timeless and meaningful.

make sure you've found the right artist.

look at other tat's for what you like and don't like.

I've been thinking about some kind of "Think outside the box/Don't put me in a box" visual, but I just can't fathom the idea of having abox on my body for the rest of my life; there's no way to make a box look dope.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Get a box, but at one corner, leave that jawn unfinished..........on some real analytical +@%.
I want to get something referencing my Jamaican roots. I want the Doctor Bird, but am unsure of how something like this (a) would show up on my skin (b).
A
Img117087_004_Doctor_Bird_and_Flower2.jpg

B

I'm mainly concerned with the green, and my skin is for the most part consistent with that shade of darkie. I also want to incorporate "Out of many,one people."

Question: Do you think a tattoo of that shade of green would be viable/visible on my skin tone?

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

lots of shading still has to be done, ill update whenever I take my lazy $+$ back
You must NEVER get a koi fish facing down!

Originally Posted by SWOLEMEAT

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by SWOLEMEAT

I wanna get a piece on my chest of a quote that my dad told me that has stuck with me to this day. He passed away last fall, but I dont wanna say RIP cause i dont like that term

so it would be as followed "quote" - In loving memory of (Dads Name) Date-date

should i put his name or something like Dad? i think his name would be good but let me know how that would sound/look

What's the quote?
something like "The only thing you'll always have in life is your word" its along the lines of that

Well hopefully you know the exact verbiage of the quote before you get it tatted on you

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

Holy Cow there's a ton of crappy tats here.
which is why i just cant get the balls to go get my first tat ... smh
make sure you have an idea that's timeless and meaningful.

make sure you've found the right artist.

look at other tat's for what you like and don't like.
i have the perfect concept and perfect idea ... its not anything super original but the placement/meaning/subtleties of it will make it perfect... im having trouble finding an artist i trust and finding a font that looks perfect ...

Originally Posted by N3Hd3LS

got one side of the demon wings done and outline for the angel wings. Next session next Saturday to finish all the wings and touch ups

369884223.jpg

369884228.jpg

369884218.jpg

^^^ thats pretty good work homie:.

At first I saw the heart, I was not impressed. I see the wings now, and it just grasped a different meaning. A great piece to say the least. Would get my votefor sickest tattoo in the thread.

oh but the owl tattoo get the cake though..

The first of an entire sleeve dedicated to my mother.
After 4 hours we decided it was a good stopping point.
Going back in soon to get some touch ups/more color.

He is gonna fix my other tattoo when I go back, also.
a3516e4948d4d4791a604677b2c8a362dae99299.jpg

Funny story.. My mom is the one that took me to the place that did the basketball player on my back..
One of my aunts also goes there now... Now that she has passed, my aunts and my grandma are going to get memorial tattoos...
They were going to the #!%%%% place until they saw the work I got there, compared to what I got at the new place..
Minds were changed..
THANK GOD!

EDIT: It was inspired by this riding jacket of hers..
ced1684641dddb7315a50045e41db66d0e86e3e8.jpg

Originally Posted by FreshJayz

a3516e4948d4d4791a604677b2c8a362dae99299.jpg

Funny story.. My mom is the one that took me to the place that did the basketball player on my back..
One of my aunts also goes there now... Now that she has passed, my aunts and my grandma are going to get memorial tattoos...
They were going to the #!%%%% place until they saw the work I got there, compared to what I got at the new place..
Minds were changed..
THANK GOD!

ced1684641dddb7315a50045e41db66d0e86e3e8.jpg
that tat doesn't have any cohesiveness

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

Originally Posted by FreshJayz

Minds were changed..
THANK GOD!

that tat doesn't have any cohesiveness
indifferent.gif

People in this thread are morons. alot of these tatts are real good.

i should be getting mine soon.

Back
Top Bottom