Post your toys! Vol. 1?

Are diecast rides alright in here?

20190214_124420.jpg

This time around im only grabbing ones of cars that i plan on owning.

Been following this thread for a lil over a year now so next time i come back it'll be when i Finally have my comic book figures in check.
been thinking about collecting vehicles I want to own as well. Only toy car I have so far is a Fast & Furious joint.

The kit design was good enough to make me want to consider by an official kotobukiya one.

On a separate note, I’ve jumped all the way into air brush paining finally. My compressor came with 3 basic (and cheapish) air brushes, one of which was gravity fed. I ended up breaking it disassembling it and reassembling it trying to clean it. Ended up saying eff it and scooping up an Iwata air brush and the quality in both construction and how it performs is night and day. Currently painting a GM III nouvel conversion kit my own custom color scheme. Things are going pretty good so far. The learning curve really isn’t that bad once you get a few practice sessions under you belt. Takes a lot of patience though since you have to allow for proper curing.
13B2094C-A5E8-42B5-BE5A-FFACD914177A.jpeg
E4BCBF2D-1639-431B-A4CE-A00335807B61.jpeg
67D559B7-A9CC-4093-B674-F78B134726FF.jpeg
5C892AC3-BAD6-4A44-8185-1352A400CB64.jpeg

Also built this third party 1/100 Wondwart from a company called CuteCube

AACC9098-F527-403A-9892-A0289D476F2C.jpeg
F3CEBF77-82A7-4381-AD1A-A34C4FFC6410.jpeg

man I think my compressor burnt out on me right before we moved like 2 years ago. When I turn it on, it sucks in air for like 5 seconds then it shuts off. Sometimes it doesn't even turn on when I flip the switch.

You're right about having patience with the learning curve, that's something I don't have.

Are you using lacquer paints exclusively?

man I think my compressor burnt out on me right before we moved like 2 years ago. When I turn it on, it sucks in air for like 5 seconds then it shuts off. Sometimes it doesn't even turn on when I flip the switch.

You're right about having patience with the learning curve, that's something I don't have.

Are you using lacquer paints exclusively?

Not exclusively but I use lacquers as much as I use acrylics. Lacquers are by far the better paint choice though.
I’m working on the mg Sinanju Stein Narrative version and I just did a reverse wash for the first time. It’s a technique that uses lacquers and enamels

you can get a whole compressor and 3 air brushes for under $100. That what I did. I’ve since upgraded my air brush to an Iwata but I’m still using my the compressor for that bundle.

Some of my latest projects
Finished painting the my GM III Nouvel. Still have a lot more panel lining and decals do but I’m putting this one on the back burner while I get some builds done for my sponsors
4E65FC76-AAC3-4288-902B-D23F8947A3E0.jpeg

Classic Sinanju Stein Ver Ka, will be painting it after I build and paint the sinaju stein narrative version.
68C99BC3-36C5-434C-8823-32A4A1389347.jpeg

Last edited:
Not exclusively but I use lacquers as much as I use acrylics. Lacquers are by far the better paint choice though.
I’m working on the mg Sinanju Stein Narrative version and I just did a reverse wash for the first time. It’s a technique that uses lacquers and enamels

you can get a whole compressor and 3 air brushes for under $100. That what I did. I’ve since upgraded my air brush to an Iwata but I’m still using my the compressor for that bundle.

Some of my latest projects
Finished painting the my GM III Nouvel. Still have a lot more panel lining and decals do but I’m putting this one on the back burner while I get some builds done for my sponsors
4E65FC76-AAC3-4288-902B-D23F8947A3E0.jpeg

Classic Sinanju Stein Ver Ka, will be painting it after I build and paint the sinaju stein narrative version.
68C99BC3-36C5-434C-8823-32A4A1389347.jpeg

Yea the reverse wash is the go-to method to paint the trim on the chest and sleeve cuffs on the Sinanju. Didn't even know that the NT version was out, I haven't payed attention to the MG line in a minute :lol:

Supposedly acrylics are the easiest to work with, but I think I messed up by thinning it with alcohol. I have Alclad metallic lacquers that I haven't touched in years, don't know if these paints have a certain shelf life.

As far as the compressor and airbrush combo, that's how I got my first set. Think I bought it on amazon for like $95 and it came with a compressor, air regulator, hose, and airbrush. But it was the cheap kind from a seller called TCP Global I believe, the quality is decent but there's much better out there.

Yea the reverse wash is the go-to method to paint the trim on the chest and sleeve cuffs on the Sinanju. Didn't even know that the NT version was out, I haven't payed attention to the MG line in a minute :lol:

Supposedly acrylics are the easiest to work with, but I think I messed up by thinning it with alcohol. I have Alclad metallic lacquers that I haven't touched in years, don't know if these paints have a certain shelf life.

As far as the compressor and airbrush combo, that's how I got my first set. Think I bought it on amazon for like $95 and it came with a compressor, air regulator, hose, and airbrush. But it was the cheap kind from a seller called TCP Global I believe, the quality is decent but there's much better out there.

Lot of announcements for the MG line this year, I’d take a look!

Yeah man I got tired of half a**ing it and dived right in. The reverse wash is a long process but as long as you use the right paints in the right order it’s not too bad. Acrylics defintely a bit easier to clean but the durability and finish of acrylics isnt nearly as good as lacquers. Plus all the gundam specific lines of paint from mr color are all lacquer. But I do use a decent amount of tamiya acrylics too. And yeah thinning it with alcohol was probably where you went wrong. Too much or too little can ruin your Spray. I stick with tamiya thinner mixed with a paint ******er which slows down dry time, let’s the paint flow through the air brush more smoothly, and gives the paint a chance to level out while it’s drying.

Don’t know if anybody in here keeps up with Marvel Legends, but everybody has been going crazy for the new Black Panther wave because Walmart is letting them all go for $5. Seems like they made a mistake and put the wrong price in their system so grab them while you can.
Couldn’t find any in my area so i went ahead and picked up these guys.
DEE463C2-BB76-459F-BD52-51CECC6B8D72.jpeg
Also grabbed this wrestling Elite.
2A531897-0B6D-4ACA-ACBB-C2C22CA65108.jpeg

Don’t know if anybody in here keeps up with Marvel Legends, but everybody has been going crazy for the new Black Panther wave because Walmart is letting them all go for $5. Seems like they made a mistake and put the wrong price in their system so grab them while you can.
Couldn’t find any in my area so i went ahead and picked up these guys.
DEE463C2-BB76-459F-BD52-51CECC6B8D72.jpeg
Also grabbed this wrestling Elite.
2A531897-0B6D-4ACA-ACBB-C2C22CA65108.jpeg

$5:wow: i bought mine from BBTS whole case, cost me $150.....
PartialFreeBlackfootedferret-small.gif

i need that Nick Fury though and i'm missing out on the current spider man wave, need 4 figs from there

i have been thinking about a few more collections, like the 4 Buus and this 3 generations trio
BAN20869_05__42437.1526505985.1280.1280.jpg

i'd always wondered how they all looked together, i don't know of another 3 generational family that's this cool.....Pan is trash before thats thrown out there i'm also working on getting excellent vers. of this group
04d9a39a-9709-46ad-8072-3b63cbd04d50.jpg

i have great vers. of Richard and Damian, there's a great Todd coming soon but no good Tim on the horizon, i got stand ins right now for them

Lot of announcements for the MG line this year, I’d take a look!

Yeah man I got tired of half a**ing it and dived right in. The reverse wash is a long process but as long as you use the right paints in the right order it’s not too bad. Acrylics defintely a bit easier to clean but the durability and finish of acrylics isnt nearly as good as lacquers. Plus all the gundam specific lines of paint from mr color are all lacquer. But I do use a decent amount of tamiya acrylics too. And yeah thinning it with alcohol was probably where you went wrong. Too much or too little can ruin your Spray. I stick with tamiya thinner mixed with a paint ******er which slows down dry time, let’s the paint flow through the air brush more smoothly, and gives the paint a chance to level out while it’s drying.

Just took a look, pretty excited about the Alex 2.0 as I have the original. Wouldn't mind a Kampfer 2.0 as I have the original as well, and according to some posts out there, MG Barbatos will be releasing this year too.

My thought process back then was to paint the inner frame with lacquers (as the paint is stronger and a bit more scratch resistant) and then paint the outer armor with acrylic ( I don't remember why, think I read it from an OG model builder's blog or something). I think I used 90% alcohol at the time because I was on a super tight budget. The Tamiya branded acrylic thinner was much more expensive from what I remember. I do use mr. levening thinner for thinning primer tho, cause like you say it slows down drying time.

Just took a look, pretty excited about the Alex 2.0 as I have the original. Wouldn't mind a Kampfer 2.0 as I have the original as well, and according to some posts out there, MG Barbatos will be releasing this year too.

My thought process back then was to paint the inner frame with lacquers (as the paint is stronger and a bit more scratch resistant) and then paint the outer armor with acrylic ( I don't remember why, think I read it from an OG model builder's blog or something). I think I used 90% alcohol at the time because I was on a super tight budget. The Tamiya branded acrylic thinner was much more expensive from what I remember. I do use mr. levening thinner for thinning primer tho, cause like you say it slows down drying time.

There’s also the mg Dynames and a new MG ex-s version “1.5”. It’s got the updated parts from the deep striker and also has the ability to switch between the S gundam and the ex-s gundam. It’s about $40 more than the ordinal Ex-s but I’m in for it.

Speaking of Kampfer 2.0, i picked up a third party Kampfer kit. It’s based on a resin kit that uses a zaku 2.0 frame but this one is a fully plastic kit. It’s a few years old and has its issues but it looks amazing and I’m gonna paint it up.
FA8C0616-BA41-455F-BAF8-65562F8C3772.jpeg

Painting inner frame is tricky because some plastic (ABS) won’t hold paint. but Bandai switch over to PS plastic for a lot of their newer kits and it’s fully paintable. Alcohol can work but you have to be conscious about how it mixesz ive got no idea what the ratios are.

Toyfair 2019 is lit
Neca toon turtle 2pks at target, Bebop & Rocksteady, Preds is crazy as usual that military theme Preds crazy

Storm Collectibles releasing Darkstalkers OMFG!!!!!

Hasbro had a good showing to, ml BPM Shuri

Toyfair 2019 is lit
Neca toon turtle 2pks at target, Bebop & Rocksteady, Preds is crazy as usual that military theme Preds crazy

Storm Collectibles releasing Darkstalkers OMFG!!!!!

Hasbro had a good showing to, ml BPM Shuri

Been keeping up on Twitter. So. Much. Want.
I'm going to be so broke :lol:

Finished putting my corvette back together but modified it a little for height

20190219_174056.jpg

Not one screw is holding this car together. All gorilla glue

20190219_174636.jpg

There’s also the mg Dynames and a new MG ex-s version “1.5”. It’s got the updated parts from the deep striker and also has the ability to switch between the S gundam and the ex-s gundam. It’s about $40 more than the ordinal Ex-s but I’m in for it.

Speaking of Kampfer 2.0, i picked up a third party Kampfer kit. It’s based on a resin kit that uses a zaku 2.0 frame but this one is a fully plastic kit. It’s a few years old and has its issues but it looks amazing and I’m gonna paint it up.
FA8C0616-BA41-455F-BAF8-65562F8C3772.jpeg

Painting inner frame is tricky because some plastic (ABS) won’t hold paint. but Bandai switch over to PS plastic for a lot of their newer kits and it’s fully paintable. Alcohol can work but you have to be conscious about how it mixesz ive got no idea what the ratios are.

Not really insterested in the dynames or the ex-s, I haven't been that interested in MGs for a while now. When they finally decide to 2.0 the GP series then I'll be ecstatic.

To all my Marvel Legends hunters, word on the street is that Walgreens has marked all of their Marvel Legends down to $14 today. Don’t know if it’s a one day deal or what but it’s worth checking out.

I really hope Storm Collectibles releases Cyrax, Smoke and Sektor sometime in the near future. I’m gonna need to pick up that Sagat figure too.

Yea. I read recently that Cyrax will be going up for preorder very very soon. While I do want all 3, Smoke is my #1. The MK3 SubZero is looking good too. Hope it comes with some kind of Ice Clone and Ice Shower accessories.

Always liked the Storm collectibles figures, just never pulled the trigger. Regret it every time I see them.

Back
Top Bottom