Post your toys! Vol. 1?

Nice MP's up there fellas.  I'm getting so behind with my toy buying, specifically TF MP's.  Still need to reach back for Wheeljack, Bumblebee, Ultra Magnus, Skywarp (MP-11 mold) and Fanstoys "Not Swoop".  Trying to balance two expensive hobbies...shoes and toys...is a beast of a struggle!  
tired.gif

Anyhow, did manage to grab what I (and my daughters for that matter) wanted from the latest Lego CMF series last night though...

Overall, I feel series 13 is a good one with many worthwhile figures.  My favorite is probably the "Hot Dog" guy as I collect the "suited figure" sub-genre of the CMF line.  As a matter of fact, the sealed bag in the back is an extra.  Also, the female ogre and the goblin fit in nicely with my Monster Fighters diorama.  
happy.gif

Last edited:
I've gone thru 2 boxes and can't find a damm unicorn
mean.gif

My little cousin wants one.

Did you see the news on series 14? It's supposed to be a monsters / Halloween theme since you mentioned monster fighters.
Feel for the horn.  It's not attached to the headpiece and, although small, is easily distinguishable in the bag.  Once you find that you know you've got the Unicorn.  Also, there is a detachable, softer plastic (almost rubberized) tail piece that fits over the leg connector knobs (between the torso and leg piece) that is easily identifiable.  

Regarding series 14...no, I hadn't heard that.  If that's truly the case, it's right up my alley and color me excited!  Monster Fighters was/is my all-time favorite Lego theme...wish it didn't come to such an abrupt end.  Oh well, I enjoy what I have.  In any event, the only thing that'll suck if Series 14 is monster themed is I'll likely want them all and have to sit there to feel for all 16 figures.  
grin.gif
  Ordinarily...beyond the Simpsons CMF...I only cherry-pick the figures I like which, of course, results is less time "groping".  

Last edited:
Cool. And out of all of them, you can still actually find Prowl at Toys R Us. My Toys R Us stays empty on newer stuff but they always have a few Prowl's. You can't miss their boxes
laugh.gif
Are the Japanese ones hard to find or any different?

Are the Japanese ones hard to find or any different?
No and yes.  Hasbro, as a TRU exclusive, will release MP's they manufacture in the states whereas Takara-Tomy, the company from Japan that holds the official TF license and produces the toys there, issues the Japanese versions of the MP line.  Many e-tailers import/carry the TT versions so they're relatively easy to come by and even if they sell out initially, often times they are reissued...kinda like sneakers...down the road (e.g. - Starscream, Optimus Prime, etc.).  Here's a couple of "go-to" spots for all of your TF needs/wants...

http://www.hlj.com

http://tfsource.com

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx

Anyhow...when Hasbro and TT release versions of the "same" MP toy (keep in mind they don't always), their differences, to include release date, range from quite obvious to rather subtle.  It all depends. Check out this site for all sorts of TF news and very detailed discussions/reviews on all the toy lines...

http://www.tfw2005.com

Last edited:

No and yes.  Hasbro, as a TRU exclusive, will release MP's they manufacture in the states whereas Takara-Tomy, the company from Japan that holds the official TF license and produces the toys there, issues the Japanese versions of the MP line.  Many e-tailers import/carry the TT versions so they're relatively easy to come by and even if they sell out initially, often times they are reissued...kinda like sneakers...down the road (e.g. - Starscream, Optimus Prime, etc.).  Here's a couple of "go-to" spots for all of your TF needs/wants...

http://www.hlj.com

http://tfsource.com

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx

Anyhow...when Hasbro and TT release versions of the "same" MP toy (keep in mind they don't always), their differences, to include release date, range from quite obvious to rather subtle.  It all depends. Check out this site for all sorts of TF news and very detailed discussions/reviews on all the toy lines...

http://www.tfw2005.com
Thanks! Big Bad is the only site I knew that sold them. I check the other ones out as well.

im trying to display some figures on my ikea glass caninet/display case but every time i open the glass they fall down.

does anyone have a solution, i was thinking hot glue but idk if it will damage the figures or the glass

^Definitely don't use hot glue. Try Blu Tack for something that should work similarly, but will still be easy to remove and not damage the figure.

Last edited:
Finally got Ultra Magnus. I haven't been really opening any of my recent hauls because I don't have anywhere to display them at the moment, but this I had to open right away.

16125224429_73acbf8672.jpg

Other pickups from the past few months (still can't find any of the Aerialbots in store):

15691497663_4f4e64c72b_z.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got Ultra Magnus. I haven't been really opening any of my recent hauls because I don't have anywhere to display them at the moment, but this I had to open right away.

16125224429_73acbf8672.jpg

Other pickups from the past few months (still can't find any of the Aerialbots in store):

15691497663_4f4e64c72b_z.jpg

I had to get the Aerialbots from BBTS. I don't have time to look for them. All of them are pretty good and I love the Superion.

The Prime from that wave is pretty good, IMO.

Also, I NEED that Bombshell.

Last edited:
Yeah, GL. I'm just a sucker for the Aerialbots and I thought TFC Uranos would be the last one I'd buy but oh well :lol:

Yeah, GL. I'm just a sucker for the Aerialbots and I thought TFC Uranos would be the last one I'd buy but oh well :lol:

I wanted that TFC Uranos to be good, but its too much going on with the combined mode.

You see Tracks will be getting the MP treatment?

I had to get the Aerialbots from BBTS. I don't have time to look for them. All of them are pretty good and I love the Superion.

The Prime from that wave is pretty good, IMO.

Also, I NEED that Bombshell.

i'm sick of going to various TRU/Target/WalMarts in my area looking for the Aerialbots lol They're all over the place at a local collectible swap meet (along with bombshell). I may just give in soon and buy from BBTS along with Soar. If you want, I can pickup Bomboshell for you.

Anyone getting the 40th Anniversary Voltes V? I'm starting to see them popping up on ebay and facebook groups

i'm sick of going to various TRU/Target/WalMarts in my area looking for the Aerialbots lol They're all over the place at a local collectible swap meet (along with bombshell). I may just give in soon and buy from BBTS along with Soar. If you want, I can pickup Bomboshell for you.

Anyone getting the 40th Anniversary Voltes V? I'm starting to see them popping up on ebay and facebook groups

I'll def let you know. Appreciated.

You see Tracks will be getting the MP treatment?

I may pass on Tracks as I never cared much for him as a character, but I'm most excited about the rumor that MP-27 is Ironhide though. And that G1 Trypticon is getting an Encore release. :smokin

I have the og one from 2007(?) still, will there be any differences? It always bothered me that he was abit small though. I really wanted to display him in between Dairugger XV and Lion Voltron but it'd look silly with his scale.

I may pass on Tracks as I never cared much for him as a character, but I'm most excited about the rumor that MP-27 is Ironhide though. And that G1 Trypticon is getting an Encore release. :smokin
I have the og one from 2007(?) still, will there be any differences? It always bothered me that he was abit small though. I really wanted to display him in between Dairugger XV and Lion Voltron but it'd look silly with his scale.

Tracks was always boring, but I'm a sucker for that alt mode. Ironhide is getting purchased for sure. And sign me up for Trypticon.

Finally found the tie fighter pilot at a walgreens.. I now have all 21 six inch black series figs that have released so far

Back
Top Bottom