POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

I have a visodate kinda of a boring looking watch and a little thick. Strap is crap but looks great on a mesh bracelet. I wouldn't pay more than $400 for one but I got mine used for $315 on Wus. Looking back at it, I should have gone with a Hamilton thinomatic 38mm or tissot le Locle on a bracelet,

I love the look of the visodate. I took a look at the thinomatic and le locle...can't say I'm a fan of either because I have a thing against roman numerals and mixed time marks (say arabic numbers for 12, 3, 6, 9 and tick marks between those numbers).

I also have a Hamilton Khaki Field watch and would like to try out other brands (even though I'm still planning on getting a Hamilton Maestro cause I can't afford a Portuguese).

I was thinking of getting one as opposed to a Steinhart, because although the case is 11.6 mm, it's still thinner than Steinhart's marine watches. I like its simple, refined, yet elegant look.
Amazon also carries these at around 420 brand new btw.

Are you saying you went with a Steinhart over the visodate? I went over the Steinhart catalog and can't find anything I'm looking for.

I checked out Amazon. The $420 price comes from a third-party seller, not sure how I feel about that even though they have a pretty high seller rating.

I have a visodate kinda of a boring looking watch and a little thick. Strap is crap but looks great on a mesh bracelet. I wouldn't pay more than $400 for one but I got mine used for $315 on Wus. Looking back at it, I should have gone with a Hamilton thinomatic 38mm or tissot le Locle on a bracelet,

I love the look of the visodate. I took a look at the thinomatic and le locle...can't say I'm a fan of either because I have a thing against roman numerals and mixed time marks (say arabic numbers for 12, 3, 6, 9 and tick marks between those numbers).

I also have a Hamilton Khaki Field watch and would like to try out other brands (even though I'm still planning on getting a Hamilton Maestro cause I can't afford a Portuguese).

I was thinking of getting one as opposed to a Steinhart, because although the case is 11.6 mm, it's still thinner than Steinhart's marine watches. I like its simple, refined, yet elegant look.
Amazon also carries these at around 420 brand new btw.

Are you saying you went with a Steinhart over the visodate? I went over the Steinhart catalog and can't find anything I'm looking for.

I checked out Amazon. The $420 price comes from a third-party seller, not sure how I feel about that even though they have a pretty high seller rating.

I like the Visodate but I could see where it would get boring after a while since it has somewhat old-school but futuristic look, does that make sense? Like it was made to be futuristic in the 80s, I still really like it though. It is also much, much better in person. I also feel price is decent on them and of course, you have to get it below retail.

No, I actually ended up getting a Stowa, but out of the two I would've gone with the Tissot, just because the Steinhart Mariners are surprisingly bulky.

put a nato on my laco

Im Looking for a simple/ clean diver or chrono that has a good build quality and a solid automatic movement with a case diameter of around 39 or 40mm. My wrists are pretty average but I want a style and size that will endure, what I feel is, the trend of oversized watches.

Ive seen some great looking ones for around $500 to $1000 from christopher ward, oris, mido and hamilton which Ive heard are all solid brands. I realize to many people, that is not much to spend on a watch at all and is considered "an affordable" range but I will just baby the thing and wont be able to enjoy it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something 200 or less that fits these specs? I realize I may be reaching but it seems like I've looked at every Seiko on amazon and there has to be another brand similar in quality and price with different styles.

Two perfect styles that are obviously WAY out of my price range are the black Breitling Superocean heritage (without chrono) and the black omega speedmaster pro.

anybody had a similar experience?
i had it checked at a watch store and they wer charging me 58sgd for replacement. thats 1/3 what i payed for the watch. haha

Alright guys looking to buy my first lower end entry level watch and need some recommendations. These are the two I'm looking at but I am open to other suggestions of similar design and price range. Sub 600. Automatic Movement and 40 mm or under.

Tissot Visodate

Hamilton Jazzmaster

Alright guys looking to buy my first lower end entry level watch and need some recommendations. These are the two I'm looking at but I am open to other suggestions of similar design and price range. Sub 600. Automatic Movement and 40 mm or under.

A Hamilton is entry level to you? 
laugh.gif

Either way both are great watches. I'd take a look at Seiko too for entry level watches.

Their prices are far lower than Hamilton and a little less than Tissot but they're very reputable.

I'm not too sure about this but I believe Frederique Constant has some very nice looking watches around the Hamilton price range, might wanna check them out too.

I think this is the correct place to ask this question since it's a thread about watches.

How much would a brand new limited edition G-Shock/LRG 10th anniversary edition 6900 go for?

Last edited:
I think this is the correct place to ask this question since it's a thread about watches.

How much would a brand new limited edition G-Shock/LRG 10th anniversary edition 6900 go for?

IDK about that particular limited edition but a DW6900 shouldn't cost more than $100-130 IMO. There are different colors and editions @ eBay for well under $100 bucks. Unless you are going to keep it DS, don't spend more than $100 bucks fam.

A Hamilton is entry level to you? :lol:
Either way both are great watches. I'd take a look at Seiko too for entry level watches.
Their prices are far lower than Hamilton and a little less than Tissot but they're very reputable.
I'm not too sure about this but I believe Frederique Constant has some very nice looking watches around the Hamilton price range, might wanna check them out too.

Hamilton is an entry level SWISS [/U ]watch. Nothing cheaper than Hamilton and Tissot @ that price point. FC's around Hamilton's price point are mostly quartz watches unless you are spending more than $1k on that watch.

The Hamilton pilot is huge at 46mm because the watch is all dial. I wouldn't recommend that Hamilton unless you have a big wrist or it will look ridiculous. Try before you buy.

Laco/Archimede/Stowa pilot > Hamilton big pilot

Back
Top Bottom