POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by RFX45

^^^
Cool!
Pics?
Not doubting, just like seeing pics!
I'll post pics when I can get my hands on a camera. How are you liking your Carrera? I had a hard time trying to decide between the two.

I just picked up this Breitling Superocean Steelfish, but am more of an IWC guy. Just wanted something relatively cheap to wear to the office that wasn'tso casual. My next pickup will either be a IWC 5002 Big Pilot or a IWC 7-Day Portuguese.

1zyg0v9.jpg

6dx2sh.jpg

np3rco.jpg

2r54ugx.jpg

33lm1rt.jpg

Nice Breitling and I love the IWC Pilot. Great strap too, I wanted to put a pilot strap like that on my Spitfire.
We definitely have the same track of mind as I have been looking at that Breitling as well.

I thought I would regret the purchase, but the Steelfish is growing on me for sure. I just can't wait till I can snatch up one of these...

iwc6889do8.jpg

Beautiful and nice watches gentleman. The watch pictured below is the EXACT same model and color that Ihave. This watch can save your in more ways than one or at least assist you greatly if you have an active lifestyle. Trust and believe that it also turns a lotof heads and people seem to want to ask questions about it. Suunto Core. It has an altimeter, which can record how fast or slow you climbed or acsended)...abarometer that predicts weather patterns via rising and falling barometric pressure... a storm alarm that gives you an alert if the barometer drops rapidly(even if it's perfectly sunny it will warn you of impeding storms...a compass that you can set the magnetic deviation AND set a bearing, which the watchwill tell you to turn either left or right to keep on the bearing...chrono....timer....and even a snorkel depth meter..

Suunto FTW!!!

core_lightblack_2_3e195.jpg

The photo below is another Suunto Core and from that screen I can tell that it's 25 degrees celsius and the weather istaking a direction for the better in the last three hours after being relatively stable.

1277427.jpg

Originally Posted by hiphawpdrunkie

I thought I would regret the purchase, but the Steelfish is growing on me for sure. I just can't wait till I can snatch up one of these...

iwc6889do8.jpg

If the 5001 were the same size as the 3714, I definitely would have snatched that up but I am very happy with the 3714.
The black 5001 is on my list though, no doubt.

^^^
Sorry but I personally do not like the design and the brand.

On another hand.
5001 in black is really stunning...
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

I hope to have a collection looking like this:

OR

But I can't hate the white dialed face either...

The back side!

But the gray dial...

I had this watch briefly...but took it back because I wanted a digital ABC (Altimeter, Barometer, Compass)watch like the Suunto. This is the Tissot T-Touch Expert...Titanium...Sapphire crystal....TOUCH SCREEN... Compass, Altimeter, Barometer, Chrono, Timer.$1200

I love technical gadget watches.

tissot-t-touch-expert-watch-outside.jpg

^^ I could tell you like technical watches.
I'm not too big on them and the most technical I could go is probably a G-Shock.
Although I wouldn't mind having a Breitling Emergency but I can't see myself being stranded in an island anytime soon.

Have you checked out Breitling Professional Airwolf?
It looks like it is right up your alley.

130506a.jpg

^^^ I doubt it, every store has a sale on Tag Heuer's right now.
And deeper discounts can be had on almost every brand due to the economy being horrible.

If they only do "private invite sales," I guarantee their profits will drop tremendously to a point of bankruptcy.

LVMH has been doing F&F sales for a couple of years now.
It is just a way to move discontinued, unsold or over stock.

They've been doing private invite sales here in Toronto for a long time now. I know it's for old stocks.

My friend recently told me they're not doing it anymore coz of people abusing it...well, the last time I went, you can literally see people hogging thetable and coming out with the good stuff.

...and so I was thinking that they're only going to do it online now so they won't have to do events "in-person" anymore or those privatesales.

^^ I could tell you like technical watches.
I'm not too big on them and the most technical I could go is probably a G-Shock.
Although I wouldn't mind having a Breitling Emergency but I can't see myself being stranded in an island anytime soon.

Have you checked out Breitling Professional Airwolf?
It looks like it is right up your alley.

130506a.jpg
That's a beautiful watch indeed!! I got into tech watches when I was a Special Forcesrecruit (18X civilian to Green Beret training pipeline). Land navigation is essential and there is nothing like having a ABC watch when you do stuff like that.Now I'm going to the Middle East to support combat operations (civilian) and I figure I might use the Suunto from time to time. Special Operators wearOmega, Rolex, G-Shock, Suunto. I guess your interests lead you to choose the type of watch you like.

I like the ones you posted though as gentleman watches.

That is understandable now, your watch actually serves as a function to you.
My watch choices isn't necessarily due to my interest, like I like Pilot watches but I have been on a plane once.
laugh.gif

I just never got into technical watches because I didn't need to. The T-Touch has always struck my interest.
It is highly recommended but I just never been able to educate myself about it.

seeing as that i'll never be able to afford an IWC, are there any look-a-likes (preferably from a reputable brand) for the 5001?

That is understandable now, your watch actually serves as a function to you.
My watch choices isn't necessarily due to my interest, like I like Pilot watches but I have been on a plane once.
laugh.gif

I just never got into technical watches because I didn't need to. The T-Touch has always struck my interest.
It is highly recommended but I just never been able to educate myself about it.
You have great taste my man, and obviously a budget to afford them to boot
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I'm sure it's probably been saidin here before...but two things define a man as far as what he wears...his watch and his shoes. A watch says a lot about a man, or at leasttraditionally.

But yeah, as far as the T-Touch is concerned it's just a gee whiz conversation piece for most...I mean a capacitivesapphire crystal that responds to touch is almost James Bond like.

But an IWC on your arm says you have a taste for fine precision wrist machinery.

^^ Thanks, the IWC is definitely an awesome piece.
The craftmanship is superb with no equal. Well worth the price.

Check out this part I took off from an article of how precise the craftmanship they put into an IWC watch:

Another pleasant surprise occurs after the back has been unscrewed and lifted off. When you replace it atop the case, it fits there with absolute precision and without even the slightest hint of a wiggle. Precision of this high degree is a welcome (and sometimes sadly lacking) attribute on diver's watches. Its presence on the Portuguese lends credence to this watch's claim of being reliably water-resistant all the way down to 50 meters' depth.
An awesome read for those interested in knowing more about how great IWC's are made:
http://watchbizz.com/archive/wt_2004_02/WT_2004_02_044.pdf

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

seeing as that i'll never be able to afford an IWC, are there any look-a-likes (preferably from a reputable brand) for the 5001?

What is your budget? Hamilton has a Jazzmaster that looks to be a homage to the Portuguese line which retails for less than $2k.
To be honest though, it doesn't comapre to IWC but look-wise, it is pretty close.
movadobaby_2050_178863641
movadobaby_2050_178914664

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

hardly a homage, the Zenith Grande El Primero can be had for $3k during the LVMH F&F (if available). it is one helluva watch and zenith'sin-house movements are heralded as one of the best.

Hublot King Power pics...
715.CI.1110.RX.jpg

715.CI.1123.RX.jpg

715.PX.1128.RX.jpg

715.ZX.1127.RX.jpg

715.CI.1123.RXa.jpg

New Tag Heuer F1 Grande Date
tagrande.jpg
tagrande1.jpg

The white dial version, has a lume on the whole dial. So the whole white dial will glow in the dark, I want to see a pic of that.

Not my photo, but I have a modded Seiko Monster on its way that looks like this (except mine will have bead-blasted case):

Currently, I am wearing Panerai 61D (replica though >.<)

Back
Top Bottom