POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

OK, I've decided, this is next....
116710LN-78200.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

OK, I've decided, this is next....
116710LN-78200.jpg

Nice choice, I like the GMT's but think they're too close to the Submariner to need both.

My next will be a Daytona, just a matter of when and what type. Probably going to be years but that's alright by me.

The GMT II Master and Submariner does look similar but it does have their own personality and can be distinguished easily.
rolex-submariner_2.jpg

The Submariner is a clear workhorse, the brushed bracelet makes it perfect for everyday wear.
The GMT IIC has a polished center link bracelet which makes it more prone to scratches but it does give it it's own look.
The ceramic bezel with oversized number makes it look more proportioned and looks great.
The green GMT hand on the GMT IIC is also a nice touch.

The Submariner had to grow on me but the GMT IIC was a love at first sight.
But a Daytone is a step further than the GMT IIC, if I had to choose between the two, I would get the Daytona.
If I were to own only two Rolexes, it would be the GMT IIC and the Daytona.

I suggest getting the Daytona as soona s possible while the market is down.
Daytona's rarely get discounted from an AD but in this economy, there are reports of discounts being taken from the Daytona.

Originally Posted by almatic85

was at the mall today, some of the burberry watches are pretty nice

Burberry watches are nice indeed but remember, it is made by Fossil.
Once you get past that part, you can enjoy how nice they are.

RFX45: You bring up good points about the GMT versus the sub. Wish I could get a Daytona now before Rolex increases the prices, I'll just have to press myluck down the road.

Yeah, the daytona is on a league of their own and I am so tempted to buy one but a month ago, I just purchased two IWC within 3 weeks of each other and if Ibuy the Daytona, I feel like I should rather get a Big Bang or Portuguese in Rose Gold instead. I can't decide between those 3.

As for the GMT IIC, I feel that there aren't as many watch in that price range that can compete in my eye, not on the same level as the GMT IIC at least.

MK25, more pics of that Roley?

IWC actually has been deemed to make the best bracelets out there.
An IWC watch with a bracelet, such as the Pilot or Spitfire, cost $1400 more and to those who have owned it, loved it and believes it is well worth the extramoney.
Their bracelets are better than Omega or Rolex's, the two of the best when it comes to watch bracelets.

Just a food for though.
happy.gif

The IWC x Prada sure looks nice though.

That Prada IWC is sexy
pimp.gif

RFX, what can you tell me about Philip Stein watches? More of a fashion watch or is it something prettydecent in quality for $1000?

Philip Stein is such a gimmick watch I think.
Definitely a fashion watch even though it is not necessarily a fashion brand like Chanel or Dior.
I see plenty of celebrity with it, more commonly Oprah.
Ever since Oprah has practically seen with it everywhere, it has become somewhat of a females fashion brand.
Yes I know that is a bit narrow minded but it is true.
It would make an interesting conversation piece and unique though, quality is sub-par.
An expensive quartz watch, you're better off with a Tag Heuer Quartz than that.

I saw your post about the Tag with the entire dial being luminous...here's a pic of my brother's Oris Titan (got it back in 2006)

Thanks for the pic eaalto, that looks great.
People in movie theaters are probably going to hate me if wear that watch to the movies.
I still want to see Tag's version though, I want to see how legible the numbers would be with the reverse lume.
Thanks again for the pics, gives me a great idea of how it would look.

I'm not really into watches but I need to be. My girl just copped me a watch that looks very close to this Burberry one
Burberry-Rose-Gold-Watch_14833_front_large.jpg

^^^ I got that Burberry watch with black dial and leather strap, I still love I and can't get myself to rid of it.
I still wear 2-3 times a week, it's a good starter watch.

Nice Citizen eeBS7.
That is a great watch, it always catches my eye when I enter watch stores.

Can someone please school me on why the g-shocks are so hyped up. They look like regular digital watches to me.

G-Shocks are hyped at the moment because it is popular right now.
It has become a fashion accessory being worn by Pharrell and being iced out.

However, G-Shocks are more than just a regular run of the mill digital watch.
It has many function.
It is a perfect beater watch because it is durable and shock proof.
Most of it is atomic so you never have to set the time.
Most are solar so batteries aren't needed.
It is a very functional watch and there are plenty of other style and version for specific activities as well.

the only reason g-shocks are hyped up is because casio has done numerous collabo's with clothing companies and artists like Eric Haze, LRG, Bape...etc.

But behind all that nonsense theirs alot the g-shock line can offer depending on if you need certain features for your daily activities. I have the Riseman andI really like it because it solar powered and it is an atomic clock meaning it recieves signals from certain places that calibrate the time on your watchautomatically so that it's has the perfect time.

When you go for the g-shock x designer watches your really paying more for it being limited edition and with a crazy color scheme, hence why it's hyped up.

Back
Top Bottom