Post your whip vol. NEW YEAR

I had a friend do it for me, so the price I paid is not consistent of what a reputable shop charges. It should be maximum of $120 for both sides (I'm assuming you only rub in the rear). You're in NorCal? If so, give me a few mins to find some reputable shops around your area. The concept is easy enough, but if not done properly, paint can crack and unsightly bulges will appear. What specs are the tires you're running? 275/30/20 on the rear?

My offset isn't that aggressive either, but it still rubbed with a person in the back seat, like this...

Yeah they're 275's in the rear and 245's up front. It may not even be rubbing, but I'm worried that it is and that I justdon't hear or feel it. I can definitely hear the front "zip" when I hit a large dip/bump, but I'm not sure about the back or if either siderubs during hard cornering. I'll probably get it checked out by someone who knows what they're doing and then I can quit driving like a b-word.

frown.gif
at still riding stock height
mad.gif

liking all the BMWs!
Originally Posted by DinanBMW

I had a friend do it for me, so the price I paid is not consistent of what a reputable shop charges. It should be maximum of $120 for both sides (I'm assuming you only rub in the rear). You're in NorCal? If so, give me a few mins to find some reputable shops around your area. The concept is easy enough, but if not done properly, paint can crack and unsightly bulges will appear. What specs are the tires you're running? 275/30/20 on the rear?

My offset isn't that aggressive either, but it still rubbed with a person in the back seat, like this...
Yeah they're 275's in the rear and 245's up front. It may not even be rubbing, but I'm worried that it is and that I just don't hear or feel it. I can definitely hear the front "zip" when I hit a large dip/bump, but I'm not sure about the back or if either side rubs during hard cornering. I'll probably get it checked out by someone who knows what they're doing and then I can quit driving like a b-word.

can't the rear camber be tweaked a bit? does yours use air-suspension? if so, the ride height be adjustable with sensors.

after my 93 240sx was stolen and stripped, i've been rolling around in this e28...

86ilxeg.jpg

...i just like how i can park it anywhere w/o and worries. it also revs at 2500rpm doing 75mph.

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

Yeah they're 275's in the rear and 245's up front. It may not even be rubbing, but I'm worried that it is and that I just don't hear or feel it. I can definitely hear the front "zip" when I hit a large dip/bump, but I'm not sure about the back or if either side rubs during hard cornering. I'll probably get it checked out by someone who knows what they're doing and then I can quit driving like a b-word.

I rubbed in the front too...when I hit big dips. I couldn't even turn my steering wheel all the way and reverse w/o hearing some disgusting grindingsound from the fender. There was nothing I can do about that, if you look at the front of my old tires, there were little chunks shaved off due to therubbing. . It was the offset itself. Since I put in my new set of wheels, I don't rub in the front anymore because it's not as flush as the old set. Mach III in San Francisco comes highly recommended if you're in the area.

Why is it damn near impossible to log in to reply to something?

Newest pics I have with the winter wheels on and license plate strip delete. Window tint is coming off Thursday.

6keric7.jpg

6p4ilxk.jpg

Older pic with the 18" wheels that I'm trying to sell if anyone is interested (with new tires)
6jq575x.jpg

I have these wheels with my regular tires mounted on them sitting in my garage now waiting for spring. Nothing too special as they are only 16" but I likethem. Haven't seen them on my car yet but they came on all nonsport 750's so I know what it looks like.
6x91g0z.jpg

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Originally Posted by CrunkJuicedUp

g35x? why...... why god?! back off that car looks like dookie, well the older ones lower then 07
screw that, you stole my AVY!!!!!!!!

mad.gif

Angel

eek.gif
damn funk i thought it was you. cuz usually i dont see you talkabout someones car like that.

indifferent.gif
crunk needs to get rid of that AVY ASAP

For all the DC5 heads in here...picture of Surge_DC5's car. "______________ krew holla"
laugh.gif

4hs7ngw.jpg

Originally Posted by J4Kicks21

Here's my lowly 325i.

w/ a new hood and front:

Who cares if it's a 'lowly' 325i? That car is lookin' dope! I see you have the Works Vvs and Vorsteiner hood? Car is really nice.

Originally Posted by NolanDW

how much was your 7 ucbearcats?

I paid $18,500 for it back in March 07 (car is a 2001 and had 75k miles at the time). You might be able to find an 01 for 17k with under 80k now that ithas been almost a year since I got mine. Also, depending on where you live it could be cheaper. For example when I was playing around on Autotrader a whileago, and when I plugged in the zip there were over 100 740iL's for sale in LA where Cincy had 12. They are rare around here so it was a little moreexpensive.

can't the rear camber be tweaked a bit? does yours use air-suspension?

after my 93 240sx was stolen and stripped, i've been rolling around in this e28
I think the sports suspension already comes with a slight negative camber, and I don't have an air suspension it just has Active RollStabilization.

I rubbed in the front too...when I hit big dips. I couldn't even turn my steering wheel all the way and reverse w/o hearing some disgusting grinding sound from the fender. There was nothing I can do about that, if you look at the front of my old tires, there were little chunks shaved off due to the rubbing. . It was the offset itself. Since I put in my new set of wheels, I don't rub in the front anymore because it's not as flush as the old set. Mach III in San Francisco comes highly recommended if you're in the area.
I don't hear anything when I turn the wheel all the way and my tires aren't getting shredded up, so maybe I'm good. Thanks for thehelp, btw.

It seems like I'm the only one who doesn't like the Mugen bumber for the RSX, lol
nerd.gif

I'm not a big fan of the 'smiling' look...

Red on gold is
pimp.gif
though

Originally Posted by BabyMJ

which wheels are you going with? these?
01bmw7series.jpg
http://images.securedwebform.com/reviews/images/01bmw7series.jpg

As of right now, I have the multispoke 16" wheels that will be going on my car but I've been having thoughts of getting those M-Parallel wheels inthat picture. I kinda bought the 16" wheels on impulse and I really don't think I'll be happy with them but we shall see. It does ride a"little" better but not much, only because the tires I bought on the 18" were Bridgestone Turanza Serenity which are made for comfort so thereis really no difference.

I don't hear anything when I turn the wheel all the way and my tires aren't getting shredded up, so maybe I'm good. Thanks for the help, btw.
I didn't have this problem on sports suspension as well. But I'm lowered on KW coilovers so now I'm pretty much slammed. Here arethe front view..
7wjk0bb.jpg

PS if anyone is in the LA/SFV area with a nice car and wants a photoshoot...hit me up. I'm always up to take pix of new cars.

damn, I did'nt know NT'ers were pushin nice whips. I need to step my game up
j/p, my car aint no BMW, but I think my car is pretty dope too, it's a '02 Maxima. I dont have pics at tha moment, but I'll try to post sometommorow.

Back
Top Bottom