Posters 25 and up...Drop some lesson's you've learned about life for the younger NTer's

never borrow money to buy stuff you don't need to impress people you don't like.

that happiness you get from it will go away, then you'll be stuck paying interest for years. end up paying 2-3x if not more and you'll look back and hate your past self.

never lend money either, unless you can afford to not get it back. you might lose a few friends that way but at least you get rid of the leeches.

Hmmm...

*strokes goatee*

--There is no such thing as a team effort. The reality is everyone is out for their own interests no matter how they try to sell it to you. Knowing that, be humble but put your priorities first, because when %+$% hits the fan, and it eventually will if you're moving with a group, you'll be stuck if you're unprepared to keep move solo.

--People say never burn bridges, but I say it's a dog eat dog world. If it's not your family and you feel it's necessary, drop dead weight quickly. They'll only bring you down. It took me two times to learn this.

--You never truly know a woman until you live with them. If after you move in, it's not what you had hoped for, get out before it becomes a complicated mess.

--Stay single for as long as you can.

--You won't regret the things you did, but you will regret the things you didn't do.

--Stay in shape. Get your lazy **% in the gym at least three times a week. It'll make you feel better about yourself.

--People say beauty is only skin deep. Lies. I mean if you have a bad personality, I guess, but staying groomed and presentable will do wonders for you in your day to day interactions with people. Never "fall off."

--Don't be afraid to talk to random people. You never know who you might meet or what you may learn.

--Worrying is a waste of time. If it's out of your control, why sweat it.

--Money isn't everything. Experience is.

Hmmm...

*strokes goatee*

--There is no such thing as a team effort. The reality is everyone is out for their own interests no matter how they try to sell it to you. Knowing that, be humble but put your priorities first, because when %+$% hits the fan, and it eventually will if you're moving with a group, you'll be stuck if you're unprepared to keep move solo.

--People say never burn bridges, but I say it's a dog eat dog world. If it's not your family and you feel it's necessary, drop dead weight quickly. They'll only bring you down. It took me two times to learn this.

--You never truly know a woman until you live with them. If after you move in, it's not what you had hoped for, get out before it becomes a complicated mess.

--You won't regret the things you did, but you will regret the things you didn't do.

--Stay in shape. Get your lazy **% in the gym at least three times a week. It'll make you feel better about yourself.

--People say beauty is only skin deep. Lies. I mean if you have a bad personality, I guess, but staying groomed and presentable will do wonders for you in your day to day interactions with people. Never "fall off."

--Don't be afraid to talk to random people. You never know who you might meet or what you may learn.

aside from poker stay away from gambling
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Hmmm...

*strokes goatee*

eek.gif
eek.gif

18-24 are GREAT years for testosterone......put in the work now an you'll be better off 25+. Trust me.

18-24 are GREAT years for testosterone......put in the work now an you'll be better off 25+. Trust me.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Hmmm...

*strokes goatee*

eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Jgizzle79

Get your credit straight. Young people don't realize how important having good credit is.

This...
tired.gif
 I had to learn the hard way. 
Also, when your parents are talking to you about life... LISTEN. They know what they're talking about. I know how young kids think that their parents are just overprotective (and some may be) and living in the past, but everything that they were trying to teach you will come back full circle one way or another. Either you're going to be prepared or not. It's a hard world out here so appreciate the comfort of being able to rely on your parents.

Save money, save money, save money. You dont NEED every new shoe that comes out or fall into every trend.

Unless you have a child, youre the most important person in your life...you'll never please everybody.

Be a leader, not a follower.

You only need 1 credit card and that should only be used in an emergency.

Originally Posted by Jgizzle79

Get your credit straight. Young people don't realize how important having good credit is.

This...
tired.gif
 I had to learn the hard way. 
Also, when your parents are talking to you about life... LISTEN. They know what they're talking about. I know how young kids think that their parents are just overprotective (and some may be) and living in the past, but everything that they were trying to teach you will come back full circle one way or another. Either you're going to be prepared or not. It's a hard world out here so appreciate the comfort of being able to rely on your parents.

Save money, save money, save money. You dont NEED every new shoe that comes out or fall into every trend.

Unless you have a child, youre the most important person in your life...you'll never please everybody.

Be a leader, not a follower.

You only need 1 credit card and that should only be used in an emergency.

IF you do laundry in a communal facility/shop...
pay attention to which machines other people are using when you get there. you want to pick a washer that works. you want to pick a dryer that works. watch to see somebody taking their clothes out of a particular dryer to make sure it got their clothes dry. use that one. bring a few extra quarters.

always charge your phone. you will need it most when the battery is dead.

get to know your parents/relatives/family members now. and get to know them better over time. they will be gone one day.

take things that you don't enjoy, and make them a game. washing dishes can be fun, and everybody loves when somebody helps do their dishes.

learn multiple languages.

if you're under 25, realize that you are only 1/4th through your life. (and you can't even remember the first few years)

YOU ARE NOT INVINCIBLE. your body will break at some point. LEARN YOUR LIMITS. test them occasionally.

make new friends.

respect your neighbors and people around you.

find a hobby, or pastime, or interest, or pursuit that even a 90 year old can do, and practice it with people that are 90 years old. you will appreciate it when you are that age.

you do not know everything.

be an example to those younger than you.

IF you do laundry in a communal facility/shop...
pay attention to which machines other people are using when you get there. you want to pick a washer that works. you want to pick a dryer that works. watch to see somebody taking their clothes out of a particular dryer to make sure it got their clothes dry. use that one. bring a few extra quarters.

always charge your phone. you will need it most when the battery is dead.

get to know your parents/relatives/family members now. and get to know them better over time. they will be gone one day.

take things that you don't enjoy, and make them a game. washing dishes can be fun, and everybody loves when somebody helps do their dishes.

learn multiple languages.

if you're under 25, realize that you are only 1/4th through your life. (and you can't even remember the first few years)

YOU ARE NOT INVINCIBLE. your body will break at some point. LEARN YOUR LIMITS. test them occasionally.

make new friends.

respect your neighbors and people around you.

find a hobby, or pastime, or interest, or pursuit that even a 90 year old can do, and practice it with people that are 90 years old. you will appreciate it when you are that age.

you do not know everything.

be an example to those younger than you.

Back
Top Bottom