Posters 25 and up...Drop some lesson's you've learned about life for the younger NTer's

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Originally Posted by Jgizzle79

Get your credit straight. Young people don't realize how important having good credit is.

This...
tired.gif
 I had to learn the hard way. 
Also, when your parents are talking to you about life... LISTEN. They know what they're talking about. I know how young kids think that their parents are just overprotective (and some may be) and living in the past, but everything that they were trying to teach you will come back full circle one way or another. Either you're going to be prepared or not. It's a hard world out here so appreciate the comfort of being able to rely on your parents.
I ain't 25, but this is real spit.
What's that saying "A fool learns from his mistakes, but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others"

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Listen and avoid whatever they went through. Smarten up or you finna end up on the same road or a worst one at that.
[/font]

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Originally Posted by Jgizzle79

Get your credit straight. Young people don't realize how important having good credit is.

This...
tired.gif
 I had to learn the hard way. 
Also, when your parents are talking to you about life... LISTEN. They know what they're talking about. I know how young kids think that their parents are just overprotective (and some may be) and living in the past, but everything that they were trying to teach you will come back full circle one way or another. Either you're going to be prepared or not. It's a hard world out here so appreciate the comfort of being able to rely on your parents.
I ain't 25, but this is real spit.
What's that saying "A fool learns from his mistakes, but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others"

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Listen and avoid whatever they went through. Smarten up or you finna end up on the same road or a worst one at that.
[/font]

- Life will not come to you. Go after it.

- Agreed that beauty is more than skin deep. Being well-groomed, well-dressed, in-shape, etc., reflects an inner confidence, a respect for others, and an appreciation for good things in life.

- Don't make excuses. Don't procrastinate. You can have it all. The only person you can blame for anything in this world is yourself.

- Life will not come to you. Go after it.

- Agreed that beauty is more than skin deep. Being well-groomed, well-dressed, in-shape, etc., reflects an inner confidence, a respect for others, and an appreciation for good things in life.

- Don't make excuses. Don't procrastinate. You can have it all. The only person you can blame for anything in this world is yourself.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Hmmm...

*strokes goatee*

--There is no such thing as a team effort. The reality is everyone is out for their own interests no matter how they try to sell it to you. Knowing that, be humble but put your priorities first, because when %+$% hits the fan, and it eventually will if you're moving with a group, you'll be stuck if you're unprepared to keep move solo.

--People say never burn bridges, but I say it's a dog eat dog world. If it's not your family and you feel it's necessary, drop dead weight quickly. They'll only bring you down. It took me two times to learn this.

--People say beauty is only skin deep. Lies. I mean if you have a bad personality, I guess, but staying groomed and presentable will do wonders for you in your day to day interactions with people. Never "fall off."
#1 and #2 i would say 7.5 out of 10 times someone has an angle that isn't noticeable at face value.

#3 very true. very very true. (need to work on this my gdam self)

Hmmm...

*strokes goatee*

--There is no such thing as a team effort. The reality is everyone is out for their own interests no matter how they try to sell it to you. Knowing that, be humble but put your priorities first, because when %+$% hits the fan, and it eventually will if you're moving with a group, you'll be stuck if you're unprepared to keep move solo.

--People say never burn bridges, but I say it's a dog eat dog world. If it's not your family and you feel it's necessary, drop dead weight quickly. They'll only bring you down. It took me two times to learn this.

--People say beauty is only skin deep. Lies. I mean if you have a bad personality, I guess, but staying groomed and presentable will do wonders for you in your day to day interactions with people. Never "fall off."
#1 and #2 i would say 7.5 out of 10 times someone has an angle that isn't noticeable at face value.

#3 very true. very very true. (need to work on this my gdam self)

Originally Posted by pianoman52

An institutionalized education is not required.

fixed...

Here are mine:

If there is something you wish to attain, never pursue but put yourself in a position to let things come to you.

Develop your own sense of style. it can be the way you dress, talk, walk, etc.----people will always remember you for that plus it makes you a leader not a follower.

Life will always bring you adversaries, antagonists, and other opponents that will throw you off focus. Just keep pushing on.

Make friends with animosity and persistence.

In 15-20 yrs from now, it wont matter about how much $$$ you made, how many women you been with, how many cars you have, but how much of an impact you made to others and what have you learned in those 15-20 yrs.

You can't please everyone. Everyone has their own agenda. you just have to be around like-minded people though. Thats where impressions comes in.

If something is on your mind express yourself. forget about the consequences.

There's a world that exists other than the hip-hop world. 

Originally Posted by pianoman52

An institutionalized education is not required.

fixed...

Here are mine:

If there is something you wish to attain, never pursue but put yourself in a position to let things come to you.

Develop your own sense of style. it can be the way you dress, talk, walk, etc.----people will always remember you for that plus it makes you a leader not a follower.

Life will always bring you adversaries, antagonists, and other opponents that will throw you off focus. Just keep pushing on.

Make friends with animosity and persistence.

In 15-20 yrs from now, it wont matter about how much $$$ you made, how many women you been with, how many cars you have, but how much of an impact you made to others and what have you learned in those 15-20 yrs.

You can't please everyone. Everyone has their own agenda. you just have to be around like-minded people though. Thats where impressions comes in.

If something is on your mind express yourself. forget about the consequences.

There's a world that exists other than the hip-hop world. 

im not 25 but i got one

"a wise man once said don't argue with fools, because people from a distance, can't tell who is who"

im not 25 but i got one

"a wise man once said don't argue with fools, because people from a distance, can't tell who is who"

Hmmm...

*strokes goatee*

--You never truly know a woman until you live with them. If after you move in, it's not what you had hoped for, get out before it becomes a complicated mess.

--Stay single for as long as you can.

--You won't regret the things you did, but you will regret the things you didn't do.

--Stay in shape. Get your lazy **% in the gym at least three times a week. It'll make you feel better about yourself.

--Don't be afraid to talk to random people. You never know who you might meet or what you may learn.

--Worrying is a waste of time. If it's out of your control, why sweat it.

--Money isn't everything. Experience is.

Hmmm...

*strokes goatee*

--You never truly know a woman until you live with them. If after you move in, it's not what you had hoped for, get out before it becomes a complicated mess.

--Stay single for as long as you can.

--You won't regret the things you did, but you will regret the things you didn't do.

--Stay in shape. Get your lazy **% in the gym at least three times a week. It'll make you feel better about yourself.

--Don't be afraid to talk to random people. You never know who you might meet or what you may learn.

--Worrying is a waste of time. If it's out of your control, why sweat it.

--Money isn't everything. Experience is.

*for the married (husbands) NTer's that don't have any kids, but are planning to have kids soon ..... your pregnant wife is going to be a hurricane of hormones ESPECIALLY past the 5-month stage. BEWARE! Up and down roller coaster of crazy emotional outbursts. Hahaha and this is going to be our 3rd kid! Just ignore as best you can and give a lot of space. There's no point in trying to conquer the hurricane. You never will.

*for the married (husbands) NTer's that don't have any kids, but are planning to have kids soon ..... your pregnant wife is going to be a hurricane of hormones ESPECIALLY past the 5-month stage. BEWARE! Up and down roller coaster of crazy emotional outbursts. Hahaha and this is going to be our 3rd kid! Just ignore as best you can and give a lot of space. There's no point in trying to conquer the hurricane. You never will.

-There is no such thing as a team effort. The reality is everyone is out for their own interests no matter how they try to sell it to you. Knowing that, be humble but put your priorities first, because when %+$% hits the fan, and it eventually will if you're moving with a group, you'll be stuck if you're unprepared to keep move solo.

Disagree. Most worthwhile projects are team driven. From starting a family to building a bridge, a team is essential.

Back
Top Bottom