Posters 25 and up...Drop some lesson's you've learned about life for the younger NTer's

Highschool - the majority of you will never have it this easy again. Have fun, dont get in trouble, and try and put forth the tiniest bit of effort and you could seriously end up with a scholarship - oh yea and believe it or not, you're not invincible.
College - you have a whole different mindset when you get out vs when you go in - YOU ARE PAYING FOR THIS!! Take that mentality and you look at it in a whole new light. You are a customer of that institution. Professors get mixed up in this teacher vs student mentality too. Look, you're not studying to get a good grade to show mom and dad - hell the grade really doesnt even matter - seriously, its all what you LEARN. That being said -BUILD UP YOUR RESUME/PORTFOLIO. These can also be the best years of your life. You have barely scratched the surface of "responsibility" with bills - you have your first taste of real freedom - enjoy the +!# outta this time. Dont fall in love. MEET PEOPLE.  This is where networking will start and it needs to continue.

After College - dont do the credit cards. I know I know sometimes you have no choice - but try your best at this. Save $ if you can. That 401k stuff - yea look at it for real. I cant stress enough how important it is to start at day 1 - whatever % your company will match - put that in. You really gonna rely on THIS government to be there AND take care of you 50+ years from now? You can save later? IT IS LATER. Work on your career - you're going to be doing this for the rest of your life. You want to be happy dont you? Wait till your mid -late twenties to start looking for your wife. I would recommend living together first. And believe me, it WILL change when you get married. 

Highschool - the majority of you will never have it this easy again. Have fun, dont get in trouble, and try and put forth the tiniest bit of effort and you could seriously end up with a scholarship - oh yea and believe it or not, you're not invincible.
College - you have a whole different mindset when you get out vs when you go in - YOU ARE PAYING FOR THIS!! Take that mentality and you look at it in a whole new light. You are a customer of that institution. Professors get mixed up in this teacher vs student mentality too. Look, you're not studying to get a good grade to show mom and dad - hell the grade really doesnt even matter - seriously, its all what you LEARN. That being said -BUILD UP YOUR RESUME/PORTFOLIO. These can also be the best years of your life. You have barely scratched the surface of "responsibility" with bills - you have your first taste of real freedom - enjoy the +!# outta this time. Dont fall in love. MEET PEOPLE.  This is where networking will start and it needs to continue.

After College - dont do the credit cards. I know I know sometimes you have no choice - but try your best at this. Save $ if you can. That 401k stuff - yea look at it for real. I cant stress enough how important it is to start at day 1 - whatever % your company will match - put that in. You really gonna rely on THIS government to be there AND take care of you 50+ years from now? You can save later? IT IS LATER. Work on your career - you're going to be doing this for the rest of your life. You want to be happy dont you? Wait till your mid -late twenties to start looking for your wife. I would recommend living together first. And believe me, it WILL change when you get married. 

Don't go around feeling you're old and hoping that you're a certain age again, because in a few years you'll be wishing you were the age you are at right now, then the cycle continues.

Don't go around feeling you're old and hoping that you're a certain age again, because in a few years you'll be wishing you were the age you are at right now, then the cycle continues.

My dad is always telling me (i'm 20) to live it up because life does not get any easier.
Age 16-24 is like the glory years he says.  

Live it up young'ns

My dad is always telling me (i'm 20) to live it up because life does not get any easier.
Age 16-24 is like the glory years he says.  

Live it up young'ns

I'm only 23 but I lived a crazy life so far nothing bad but I made ALOT of mistakes in HS that I will regret for the rest of my life

If you're still in High School PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!

- Do the best you possible can in HS GPA is everything after HS if you plan on going to college.

- If you want to play sports don't BS work hard at your craft and school to get there you'll never get this chance again.

- If you like someone in HS man up or women up. Don't let nerves get in the way TAKE A CHANCE! HOWEVER, PRACTICE SAFE SEX PLEASE!! DON'T HAVE KIDS IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!

- GO TO PROM BECAUSE THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU'LL EVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!

- APPLY FOR COLLEGE EARLY!

- HAVE THE MOST FUN POSSIBLE WITHOUT BEING STUPID (BECAUSE ONCE YOU LEAVE REAL LIFE HAPPENS......FAST!)

- F TRYING TO BE POPULAR HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS (MOST POPULAR KIDS IN HIGH SCHOOL ARE TERRIBLE IN THE REAL WORLD!)

- F FRIENDS TRYING TO SLOW YOU DOWN (KEEP YOUR CIRCLE SMALL AND ONLY ROCK WITH PEOPLE YOU CAN TRUST)

- IF YOU PLAY SPORTS AND WANT TO PLAY AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL GET SOMEONE TO TAPE YOUR GAMES ASAP!

Post High School

- Keep your credit score intact! Credit in America is everything some places will deny you employment because your credit is messed up.

- If you can avoid financing cars and credit cards

- SAVING ACCOUNT! INVEST AND USE IT! $100 a check will go a long way after time.

- Never relax or get content always strive to be better.

- If you find the right partner take it slow and PLEASE PRACTICE SAFE SEX. AND FOR YOU DUMMIES OUT THERE IF A WOMAN SAYS SHES ON THE PILL STILL STRAP UP! I KNOW IT DOESN'T FEEL AS GOOD BUT DON'T BE STUPID.

- If you have children please try to be in the kids life. Don't neglect them it's not like they chose to be here!

- Don't worry about nice cars, clothes, jewels and other material things. IF YOU WORK HARD IT WILL COME!

- If you're unhappy please consider all options before making decisions.

- DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.

- THINK ABOUT THINGS FOR YOUR SPOUSES POINT OF VIEW BEFORE FIGHTING.

- READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN.

- REMEMBER TIS IS THE ONLY LIFE YOU WILL HAVE (OR SO WE KNOW) ENJOY IT AND CHERISH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE

- REMEMBER IT CAN ALWAYS BE WORST.

I'm only 23 but I lived a crazy life so far nothing bad but I made ALOT of mistakes in HS that I will regret for the rest of my life

- Do the best you possible can in HS GPA is everything after HS if you plan on going to college.

- If you want to play sports don't BS work hard at your craft and school to get there you'll never get this chance again.

- If you like someone in HS man up or women up. Don't let nerves get in the way TAKE A CHANCE! HOWEVER, PRACTICE SAFE SEX PLEASE!! DON'T HAVE KIDS IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!

- HAVE THE MOST FUN POSSIBLE WITHOUT BEING STUPID (BECAUSE ONCE YOU LEAVE REAL LIFE HAPPENS......FAST!)

- F TRYING TO BE POPULAR HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS (MOST POPULAR KIDS IN HIGH SCHOOL ARE TERRIBLE IN THE REAL WORLD!)

- F FRIENDS TRYING TO SLOW YOU DOWN (KEEP YOUR CIRCLE SMALL AND ONLY ROCK WITH PEOPLE YOU CAN TRUST)

- IF YOU PLAY SPORTS AND WANT TO PLAY AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL GET SOMEONE TO TAPE YOUR GAMES ASAP!

Post High School

- Keep your credit score intact! Credit in America is everything some places will deny you employment because your credit is messed up.

- SAVING ACCOUNT! INVEST AND USE IT! $100 a check will go a long way after time.

- If you find the right partner take it slow and PLEASE PRACTICE SAFE SEX. AND FOR YOU DUMMIES OUT THERE IF A WOMAN SAYS SHES ON THE PILL STILL STRAP UP! I KNOW IT DOESN'T FEEL AS GOOD BUT DON'T BE STUPID.

- If you have children please try to be in the kids life. Don't neglect them it's not like they chose to be here!

- Don't worry about nice cars, clothes, jewels and other material things. IF YOU WORK HARD IT WILL COME!

- DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.

- REMEMBER TIS IS THE ONLY LIFE YOU WILL HAVE (OR SO WE KNOW) ENJOY IT AND CHERISH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE

Look at the big picture. Dont focus in on just today, without having it affect the next day. Lay the ground work for your future. Also, the world doesnt meet you half way. If you want something you have to earn it.

Look at the big picture. Dont focus in on just today, without having it affect the next day. Lay the ground work for your future. Also, the world doesnt meet you half way. If you want something you have to earn it.

Originally Posted by proper english

consumerism will kill ya.. 
forget about the nice cars, nice watch, nice clothes.. stuff is pointless.. concentrate on improving YOURSELF as a person. 

a BMW does not make you who you are. 
100% Truth

Also,  constantly work on your friendships. Don't let your close friends slip away.

Originally Posted by proper english

consumerism will kill ya.. 
forget about the nice cars, nice watch, nice clothes.. stuff is pointless.. concentrate on improving YOURSELF as a person. 

a BMW does not make you who you are. 
100% Truth

Also,  constantly work on your friendships. Don't let your close friends slip away.

def a great thread
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

im about to be 25 this June and i've seen a lot and been through a lot.. so here's a few things that i've learned:

- love your family. they're the only ones who will always have your back..
- there will be a time where your "ride or die" homies will forget about all the things you guys been through and things you have done for them.. dont be disappointed.
- surround yourself with people who are doing better than you.. you are a medium of the people you surround yourself with.
- things change. people change.
- don't let your outgo exceed your income.
- keep it real.. to yourself and others. people notice that.

def a great thread
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

im about to be 25 this June and i've seen a lot and been through a lot.. so here's a few things that i've learned:

- love your family. they're the only ones who will always have your back..
- there will be a time where your "ride or die" homies will forget about all the things you guys been through and things you have done for them.. dont be disappointed.
- surround yourself with people who are doing better than you.. you are a medium of the people you surround yourself with.
- things change. people change.
- don't let your outgo exceed your income.
- keep it real.. to yourself and others. people notice that.

don't sleep. if you want it, go get it, period!
do good in school!
don't f with credit cards!
bill gates > mj (there was some crazy comparison, nerds get $)
out in the working world, its a dog eat dog world.
enjoy life.

don't sleep. if you want it, go get it, period!
do good in school!
don't f with credit cards!
bill gates > mj (there was some crazy comparison, nerds get $)
out in the working world, its a dog eat dog world.
enjoy life.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Post High School

- DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.

preach.jpg

if i could redo my life with what i know now....

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Post High School

- DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.

preach.jpg

if i could redo my life with what i know now....

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

Originally Posted by pianoman52

An institutionalized education is not required.

fixed...

Here are mine:

If there is something you wish to attain, never pursue but put yourself in a position to let things come to you.

Develop your own sense of style. it can be the way you dress, talk, walk, etc.----people will always remember you for that plus it makes you a leader not a follower.

Life will always bring you adversaries, antagonists, and other opponents that will throw you off focus. Just keep pushing on.

Make friends with animosity and persistence.

In 15-20 yrs from now, it wont matter about how much $$$ you made, how many women you been with, how many cars you have, but how much of an impact you made to others and what have you learned in those 15-20 yrs.

You can't please everyone. Everyone has their own agenda. you just have to be around like-minded people though. Thats where impressions comes in.

If something is on your mind express yourself. forget about the consequences.

There's a world that exists other than the hip-hop world. 

I feel like this is porbably the most important thing in this thread... I'm not 25 yet but it's something that I've continually began to realize more and more in the past several years. Especially important for the NT community since there seems to be such incessant and excessive materialism on here.

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

Originally Posted by pianoman52

An institutionalized education is not required.

fixed...

Here are mine:

If there is something you wish to attain, never pursue but put yourself in a position to let things come to you.

Develop your own sense of style. it can be the way you dress, talk, walk, etc.----people will always remember you for that plus it makes you a leader not a follower.

Life will always bring you adversaries, antagonists, and other opponents that will throw you off focus. Just keep pushing on.

Make friends with animosity and persistence.

In 15-20 yrs from now, it wont matter about how much $$$ you made, how many women you been with, how many cars you have, but how much of an impact you made to others and what have you learned in those 15-20 yrs.

You can't please everyone. Everyone has their own agenda. you just have to be around like-minded people though. Thats where impressions comes in.

If something is on your mind express yourself. forget about the consequences.

There's a world that exists other than the hip-hop world. 

I feel like this is porbably the most important thing in this thread... I'm not 25 yet but it's something that I've continually began to realize more and more in the past several years. Especially important for the NT community since there seems to be such incessant and excessive materialism on here.

be very observant of your surroundings....if you that dude right now in college but half stepping on the academic/professional end, you are gonna be in for a rude awakening when alot of people you shot the breeze wit have moved on and actually have legit gigs and you wondering why you havent progressed...dont sleep, handle yo bidness.

100% truth.

There is no i in team but there is one in Win.

Dont abuse credit cards.

Once you become focused on success you will lose friends.

Never have all your eggs in one basket.

be very observant of your surroundings....if you that dude right now in college but half stepping on the academic/professional end, you are gonna be in for a rude awakening when alot of people you shot the breeze wit have moved on and actually have legit gigs and you wondering why you havent progressed...dont sleep, handle yo bidness.

100% truth.

There is no i in team but there is one in Win.

Dont abuse credit cards.

Once you become focused on success you will lose friends.

Never have all your eggs in one basket.

No matter what you decide to do or where you stand, there will be 1,000,000 people who agree/support you and 1,000,000 who will hate/disagree you.  Do what works for you, not for anyone else.

No matter what you decide to do or where you stand, there will be 1,000,000 people who agree/support you and 1,000,000 who will hate/disagree you.  Do what works for you, not for anyone else.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Man i'd say that ONE of the most valuable things i've learned in my 26 years here is that you should never become SO attached to someone that if you and this
person/people have a falling out of some sort you can't operate/function properly.
That goes for friends,girlfriends and YES even family members/relatives.

Learning this the hard way right now
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom