***PRO-AM/COLLEGE/HS BASKETBALL/AAU PLAYERS CHIME IN..AND ASK THE REF***

I just saw this for the 2nd time in an NBA game, is it legal for 2 players setting a screen to stand next to each other and then reach out and literally lock their arms together, thereby making a fence kind of like red rover? I mean, I've never heard of any rule, but it seems and looks like it should be illegal. Watch the Raptors do it below at the 2:02 mark. They basically create a clsing gate/clothesline you affect. I mean, Amir should have been called illegal because he is clearly moving and holding James from getting through, but just the screen itself. Is it legal for me to have 2 bigs standing approximately 2 feet from each other, let a teammate run through then right afterwards they reach out across and grab each other's shoulders?

IM USUALLY AT WORK WHEN I POST AND MY KEYBOARD'S LOCKED...typing holdin the shift key is annoying...

IM USUALLY AT WORK WHEN I POST AND MY KEYBOARD'S LOCKED...typing holdin the shift key is annoying...

so what's the rule with the self pass. Can you really shoot an airball and get a rebound and score. I'm asking about College and Rec ball.

so what's the rule with the self pass. Can you really shoot an airball and get a rebound and score. I'm asking about College and Rec ball.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

YEP..YOU CAN.

COLLEGE/HS DEFINITELY...NBA NO.

IF REC BALL YOU MEAN ORGANIZED REC BALL WITH REFS, YES IF THEY ARE PLAYING COLLEGE/HS RULES...IF YOU ARE PLAYING NBA RULES NO YOU CAN'T.

IF REC BALL YOU MEAN RUNNING A FULL OR 3-3...  I WOULDN'T EVEN MENTION...JUST GIVE THE BALL UP...STREET BALL IS ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL...RESPECT THE GAME!

HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION!

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

YEP..YOU CAN.

COLLEGE/HS DEFINITELY...NBA NO.

IF REC BALL YOU MEAN ORGANIZED REC BALL WITH REFS, YES IF THEY ARE PLAYING COLLEGE/HS RULES...IF YOU ARE PLAYING NBA RULES NO YOU CAN'T.

IF REC BALL YOU MEAN RUNNING A FULL OR 3-3...  I WOULDN'T EVEN MENTION...JUST GIVE THE BALL UP...STREET BALL IS ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL...RESPECT THE GAME!

HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION!

yeah I meant organized leagues with refs. I've seen it called both ways. I got away with catching my own airball, but seen someone else get hit with a travelling violation for the same infraction

yeah I meant organized leagues with refs. I've seen it called both ways. I got away with catching my own airball, but seen someone else get hit with a travelling violation for the same infraction

THEN YOU NEED TO TELL YOUR LEAGUE THAT THE REFS BETTER BE ON THE SAME PAGE...YOU CANT HAVE 2 RULINGS ON THE SAME PLAY...MAKES NO SENSE...IF YOUR LEAGUE PLAYS COLLEGE RULES THEN YOU WERE OK...IF THEY PLAY NBA THEN YEA YOU GOT AWAY WITH IT.

THEN YOU NEED TO TELL YOUR LEAGUE THAT THE REFS BETTER BE ON THE SAME PAGE...YOU CANT HAVE 2 RULINGS ON THE SAME PLAY...MAKES NO SENSE...IF YOUR LEAGUE PLAYS COLLEGE RULES THEN YOU WERE OK...IF THEY PLAY NBA THEN YEA YOU GOT AWAY WITH IT.

got another question. Can you define "The hand is part of the ball"

I can never seem to understand it. BTW I ref at the Rec ball level. The amount of terrible footwork and travelws that should be called at that level is terrible.

got another question. Can you define "The hand is part of the ball"

I can never seem to understand it. BTW I ref at the Rec ball level. The amount of terrible footwork and travelws that should be called at that level is terrible.

^^pretty much what it says...

if your trying to steal the ball and defense player hits you ABOVE the wrist it is considered a legitimate attempt to go for the ball..

anything below the wrist and so on CAUSING the ball to become dislodged is illegal so a foul SHOULD be called however if your forearm gets slapped but not hard enough to cause the ball to loosen up in your hands you may not get that call in the college or high varsity levels...

food for thought...if they are strong enough to take a hit and play thru it...no point in blowing the whistle and causing a game stoppage.

^^pretty much what it says...

if your trying to steal the ball and defense player hits you ABOVE the wrist it is considered a legitimate attempt to go for the ball..

anything below the wrist and so on CAUSING the ball to become dislodged is illegal so a foul SHOULD be called however if your forearm gets slapped but not hard enough to cause the ball to loosen up in your hands you may not get that call in the college or high varsity levels...

food for thought...if they are strong enough to take a hit and play thru it...no point in blowing the whistle and causing a game stoppage.

IM NOT YELLING...SOMETIMES I POST FROM WORK...LIKE NOW AND MY KEYBOARD @ WORK IS FORCED CAPS SO I REALLY CAN'T...

IM NOT YELLING...SOMETIMES I POST FROM WORK...LIKE NOW AND MY KEYBOARD @ WORK IS FORCED CAPS SO I REALLY CAN'T...

Back
Top Bottom