***PRO-AM/COLLEGE/HS BASKETBALL/AAU PLAYERS CHIME IN..AND ASK THE REF***

Ok, last night my team had a game. My player went up for a layup, shot the layup, missed the layup, but as he was landing, a defender jumped in front of him. The defender fell and was called for a blocking foul.

Our player was told that since it was after the shot, the foul would be registered as "On the Floor."

Can you explain this one? I thought he should have been shooting 2 shots.

Ok, last night my team had a game. My player went up for a layup, shot the layup, missed the layup, but as he was landing, a defender jumped in front of him. The defender fell and was called for a blocking foul.

Our player was told that since it was after the shot, the foul would be registered as "On the Floor."

Can you explain this one? I thought he should have been shooting 2 shots.

^^YOUR LEAGUE MUST BE PLAYING COLLEGE RULES.

HS RULES YOU ARE CONSIDERED AND AIRBORNE SHOOTER ONCE YOU LEAVE THE FLOOR WITH THE BALL, RELEASE THE BALL, THEN LAND SAFELY BACK TO THE FLOOR.

IN COLLEGE ONCE YOU RELEASE THE BALL YOUR AIRBORNE SHOOTER STATUS ENDS AND IF SOMEONE SLIDES UNDER YOU ITS A BLOCK NON SHOOTING.

^^YOUR LEAGUE MUST BE PLAYING COLLEGE RULES.

HS RULES YOU ARE CONSIDERED AND AIRBORNE SHOOTER ONCE YOU LEAVE THE FLOOR WITH THE BALL, RELEASE THE BALL, THEN LAND SAFELY BACK TO THE FLOOR.

IN COLLEGE ONCE YOU RELEASE THE BALL YOUR AIRBORNE SHOOTER STATUS ENDS AND IF SOMEONE SLIDES UNDER YOU ITS A BLOCK NON SHOOTING.

^^

IM SO USED TO ABOVE THE RIM PLAY AND PLAYERS GOING 60 MPH...

MENS GAME IS ON 5TH GEAR ALL THE TIME..THE GIRLS GAME IS STILL STUCK ON 2ND...THEY PLAY DIRTY TOO...ALOT OF USELESS PINCHING SCRATCHING AND WHEN ITS "THAT TIME"
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif

^^

MENS GAME IS ON 5TH GEAR ALL THE TIME..THE GIRLS GAME IS STILL STUCK ON 2ND...THEY PLAY DIRTY TOO...ALOT OF USELESS PINCHING SCRATCHING AND WHEN ITS "THAT TIME"
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bigsupa

^^

eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif

so true i ref a little bit too..
girls can get petty ..

^^

eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif

so true i ref a little bit too..
girls can get petty ..

Sup, isn't it goaltending if you touch the ball after it hits the backboard? Like lets say the offensive player is on a break and goes up for a layup. The defensive player is trailing and pins it after it hits the backboard. Im not saying it happened to me because i only shot 3s or dunk. just a hypothetical

Sup, isn't it goaltending if you touch the ball after it hits the backboard? Like lets say the offensive player is on a break and goes up for a layup. The defensive player is trailing and pins it after it hits the backboard. Im not saying it happened to me because i only shot 3s or dunk. just a hypothetical

Originally Posted by supahoopa

big sup!

gotta question.. happened today..

alright down 2 with 1 second left..
shooting freethrows.. the player makes the 1st and the plan is to miss the second..
so he misses the second.. but the clock starts before anyone touches the ball ..
before anyone can get a hand on it the clock goes out.. game over

what do you do ref ?

another question.. my boy told me this happened to him..
same type of situation down 3 with a couple seconds left..
at the freethrow line..
make the first plan is to miss the second one..
BUT the opposing team takes multiple lane violations so they have to make the second..
makes the second.. opposing team throws it in .. game over..

my question is can the opposing team get a tech for delay of game ?
or was it just got basketball smarts by the coach ?
IF WE GET AN IDEA THAT THEY ARE PURPOSELY DOING IT WE WARN THEM...THEY DO IT AGAIN ITS A TECH!

big sup!

shooting freethrows.. the player makes the 1st and the plan is to miss the second..
so he misses the second.. but the clock starts before anyone touches the ball ..

what do you do ref ?

at the freethrow line..
BUT the opposing team takes multiple lane violations so they have to make the second..

IF WE GET AN IDEA THAT THEY ARE PURPOSELY DOING IT WE WARN THEM...THEY DO IT AGAIN ITS A TECH!

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

WADDUP LOS...

ITS GOALTENDING EVERY SINGLE TIME IN COLLEGE AND HS...IN HS IF ITS BELOW THE RIM AND HAS NO SHOT OF GOING IN WE PASS ON IT...

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

WADDUP LOS...

ITS GOALTENDING EVERY SINGLE TIME IN COLLEGE AND HS...IN HS IF ITS BELOW THE RIM AND HAS NO SHOT OF GOING IN WE PASS ON IT...

big sup!

what do you do ref ?

at the freethrow line..

thanks appreciate it .. 
alright got 2 more for you ..

so im reffin right.. 7th grade boys .. everything going smoothly.. reffin' on the baseline.

anyway.. kid comes down and shoots a layup in a crowd.. and falls..

i thought he was goofy and tripped over his own feet because i didnt see anyone touch him..

my view was being blocked by other players..

well next thing i hear out of the stands and from the bench is he got pushed..

what would you do ? ignore it or??

next .. how do you overrule another ref??

basically the ref on the baseline said it should be white ball ..

but i had the better view and i saw it go off whites foot..

so it should be black ball..

what should i do in that situation?

thanks

big sup!

what do you do ref ?

at the freethrow line..

thanks appreciate it .. 

so im reffin right.. 7th grade boys .. everything going smoothly.. reffin' on the baseline.

i thought he was goofy and tripped over his own feet because i didnt see anyone touch him..

thanks

big sup!

what do you do ref ?

at the freethrow line..

thanks appreciate it .. 

thanks

QUESTION 1.
SEE WHAT I HIGHLIGHTED...IF YOU DO NOT HAVE DEFINITE KNOWLEDGE DONT CALL IT...AS FAR AS YOUR VIEW BEING BLOCKED...GET BETTER ANGLES..WORK THE THE BASELINE YOU DONT GOTTA STAY IN 1 SPOT ALWAYS.

LOOK AT THIS CHART..
two-man_areas-of-responsibility_left-court.jpg

THE "L" IS THE LEAD WHICH IS BASICALLY THE REF ON THE BASELINE...WHERE THE "L" IS DRAWN IS CALLED THE "B" POSITION. THERE ARE 3 POSITIONS FOR THE LEAD, A, B, AND C.

A - LOCATED RIGHT ON THE 3 PT LINE ON THE BASELINE WHERE THE BASELINE AND SIDELINE MEET.
B - IS WHERE THE "L" IS PICTURED ON THAT DIAGRAM WHICH IS MAINLY WHERE YOU WOULD BE.
C - IS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE PAINT EXACTLY WHERE THE "L" IS PICTURED ABOVE...THIS IS ONLY USED WHEN YOU HAVE HEAVY POST PLAY ON THE OTHER BOX AND THE BALL IS HIGH ON THE TRAIL'S "T" SIDE OR IF ALL 10 PLAYERS ARE ALL ON THAT SIDE.

THE PINK SHADED AREA IS ALL YOUR RESPONSBILTY THE WHITE AREA IS THE TRAIL'S SO TRY TO FOCUS ON YOUR AREA AND TRUST YOUR PARTNER!

WHICH BRINGS ME TO YOUR 2ND QUESTION.
IF THE BALL IS OUT OF BOUNDS AND YOU HAVE DEFINITE KNOWLEDGE IT IS GOING TO THE OTHER TEAM..IF YOUR PARTNER DOESN'T ASK FOR HELP BLOW YOUR WHISTLE QUICK AND RUN OVER TO HIM FAST, DONT JOG AND TELL HIM WHAT YOU SAW...LET HIM MAKE THE CHANGE OF THE CALL. IF HE REFUSES GIVE HIM THE
indifferent.gif
 THE REST OF THE GAME.

YOU CAN OVERRULE A RULES CALL...NOT A FOUL CALL. IF YOUR PARTNER CALLS DOUBLE DRIBBLE AND IT WASNT GO OVER TO HIM AND LET HIM KNOW HE DID NOT DOUBLE DRIBBLE. IF YOU THOUGHT IT WASN'T A FOUL..LET IT BE CUZ FOULS ARE JUDGEMENT CALLS..WHAT I CONSIDER A FOUL MAY NOT BE WHAT YOU CONSIDER A FOUL.

IF HE REFUSES TO CHANGE THE CALL TELL HIM YOU WILL BUY HIM A BEER OR DINNER IF YOU ARE WRONG. I ONCE TOLD A GUY IN A HS GAME I BET HIM MY GAME FEE ($150) THAT I WAS RIGHT..IF I WAS WRONG HE CAN TAKE MY FEE. IF I WAS RIGHT HE DIDNT HAVE TO GIMME NOTHING. HE CHANGED IT AND I WAS RIGHT...HE LATER TOLD ME THANK YOU.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

big sup!

what do you do ref ?

at the freethrow line..

thanks appreciate it .. 

thanks

QUESTION 1.
SEE WHAT I HIGHLIGHTED...IF YOU DO NOT HAVE DEFINITE KNOWLEDGE DONT CALL IT...AS FAR AS YOUR VIEW BEING BLOCKED...GET BETTER ANGLES..WORK THE THE BASELINE YOU DONT GOTTA STAY IN 1 SPOT ALWAYS.

LOOK AT THIS CHART..
two-man_areas-of-responsibility_left-court.jpg

THE "L" IS THE LEAD WHICH IS BASICALLY THE REF ON THE BASELINE...WHERE THE "L" IS DRAWN IS CALLED THE "B" POSITION. THERE ARE 3 POSITIONS FOR THE LEAD, A, B, AND C.

A - LOCATED RIGHT ON THE 3 PT LINE ON THE BASELINE WHERE THE BASELINE AND SIDELINE MEET.
B - IS WHERE THE "L" IS PICTURED ON THAT DIAGRAM WHICH IS MAINLY WHERE YOU WOULD BE.
C - IS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE PAINT EXACTLY WHERE THE "L" IS PICTURED ABOVE...THIS IS ONLY USED WHEN YOU HAVE HEAVY POST PLAY ON THE OTHER BOX AND THE BALL IS HIGH ON THE TRAIL'S "T" SIDE OR IF ALL 10 PLAYERS ARE ALL ON THAT SIDE.

THE PINK SHADED AREA IS ALL YOUR RESPONSBILTY THE WHITE AREA IS THE TRAIL'S SO TRY TO FOCUS ON YOUR AREA AND TRUST YOUR PARTNER!

WHICH BRINGS ME TO YOUR 2ND QUESTION.
IF THE BALL IS OUT OF BOUNDS AND YOU HAVE DEFINITE KNOWLEDGE IT IS GOING TO THE OTHER TEAM..IF YOUR PARTNER DOESN'T ASK FOR HELP BLOW YOUR WHISTLE QUICK AND RUN OVER TO HIM FAST, DONT JOG AND TELL HIM WHAT YOU SAW...LET HIM MAKE THE CHANGE OF THE CALL. IF HE REFUSES GIVE HIM THE
indifferent.gif
 THE REST OF THE GAME.

YOU CAN OVERRULE A RULES CALL...NOT A FOUL CALL. IF YOUR PARTNER CALLS DOUBLE DRIBBLE AND IT WASNT GO OVER TO HIM AND LET HIM KNOW HE DID NOT DOUBLE DRIBBLE. IF YOU THOUGHT IT WASN'T A FOUL..LET IT BE CUZ FOULS ARE JUDGEMENT CALLS..WHAT I CONSIDER A FOUL MAY NOT BE WHAT YOU CONSIDER A FOUL.

IF HE REFUSES TO CHANGE THE CALL TELL HIM YOU WILL BUY HIM A BEER OR DINNER IF YOU ARE WRONG. I ONCE TOLD A GUY IN A HS GAME I BET HIM MY GAME FEE ($150) THAT I WAS RIGHT..IF I WAS WRONG HE CAN TAKE MY FEE. IF I WAS RIGHT HE DIDNT HAVE TO GIMME NOTHING. HE CHANGED IT AND I WAS RIGHT...HE LATER TOLD ME THANK YOU.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

I just saw this for the 2nd time in an NBA game, is it legal for 2 players setting a screen to stand next to each other and then reach out and literally lock their arms together, thereby making a fence kind of like red rover? I mean, I've never heard of any rule, but it seems and looks like it should be illegal. Watch the Raptors do it below at the 2:02 mark. They basically create a clsing gate/clothesline you affect. I mean, Amir should have been called illegal because he is clearly moving and holding James from getting through, but just the screen itself. Is it legal for me to have 2 bigs standing approximately 2 feet from each other, let a teammate run through then right afterwards they reach out across and grab each other's shoulders?

Back
Top Bottom