PS3 - Call of Duty: Black Ops - Official Thread - Season 1 Belongs to Team 8. CHAMPIONS!

The people at Treyarch says that Black Ops have the same game engine as WaW a long time ago... I thought you guys know this already.
WaW was a beast compared to MW2, IMO.

Originally Posted by amel223

See, MW2 was my first fps game so I dunno what people mean when they say black ops plays like World at War. 

How is black ops going to be different? 

I see the
ohwell.gif
faces this does not bode well. 

Break it down for a noob please.

Most dudes that played MW2 never gave WaW a chance cause it was going back to WWII times.  But actual gameplay was good enough except for hit detection on sprays, that was horrible.  Snipers where tough to use but fun.  I also noticed alot of lag online.

If there able to tweak some of the things I mentioned then it should be fine.  Also marathon perk is back so it'll still have the arcade feeling to it.

See, MW2 was my first fps game so I dunno what people mean when they say black ops plays like World at War. 

I see the
ohwell.gif

Most dudes that played MW2 never gave WaW a chance cause it was going back to WWII times.  But actual gameplay was good enough except for hit detection on sprays, that was horrible.  Snipers where tough to use but fun.  I also noticed alot of lag online.

If there able to tweak some of the things I mentioned then it should be fine.  Also marathon perk is back so it'll still have the arcade feeling to it.

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Picking mine up in the morning. PSN wont ban me right?
laugh.gif

PSN name is "NuFrontier" if anyone cares. Never had a chance to play y'all in MW2, maybe Black Ops will be different.

Maybe stay offline while you're playing SP or zombies. The multiplayer servers are not up yet, I'm pretty sure, so I don't think you could start playing multiplayer.

you can't be banned for getting the game early. the only way is if you have a pirated copy and get online. i dont even think the servers are even up yet

Oh alright cool. Ill prolly kill the single player in the meanwhile. Anybody who needs a queens nyc location its on hillside and francis lewis corner. I dont care if it blows up since I reserved already
laugh.gif
This is where I was going
laugh.gif

Add me: Arsnal23, I'll be on at some point this afternoon after I run some errands.

IM SALTY! I just called the spot they said Monday morning.
mad.gif

I just drove here to get the same news...FML.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Picking mine up in the morning. PSN wont ban me right?
laugh.gif

PSN name is "NuFrontier" if anyone cares. Never had a chance to play y'all in MW2, maybe Black Ops will be different.

Maybe stay offline while you're playing SP or zombies. The multiplayer servers are not up yet, I'm pretty sure, so I don't think you could start playing multiplayer.

you can't be banned for getting the game early. the only way is if you have a pirated copy and get online. i dont even think the servers are even up yet

Oh alright cool. Ill prolly kill the single player in the meanwhile. Anybody who needs a queens nyc location its on hillside and francis lewis corner. I dont care if it blows up since I reserved already
laugh.gif
This is where I was going
laugh.gif

Add me: Arsnal23, I'll be on at some point this afternoon after I run some errands.

IM SALTY! I just called the spot they said Monday morning.
mad.gif

I just drove here to get the same news...FML.

Fulton Street=nothing, they said Monday
Mom/Pop stores in Staten island= nothing.....the idiots at all the Game Champ here were full of it (saying all week they would have it Friday, only to go in there and here anytime from Saturday to Monday)

Ended up wasting mad doe on gas/tolls....Seriously if store staffs dont know when they are getting something, just say "I dont know".......

Fulton Street=nothing, they said Monday
Mom/Pop stores in Staten island= nothing.....the idiots at all the Game Champ here were full of it (saying all week they would have it Friday, only to go in there and here anytime from Saturday to Monday)

Ended up wasting mad doe on gas/tolls....Seriously if store staffs dont know when they are getting something, just say "I dont know".......

Originally Posted by trublu86

I see the
ohwell.gif

Ohh that's great then.  As long as the online is smooth, I'm good.  I was never one to snipe anyway. 

Originally Posted by trublu86

I see the
ohwell.gif

Ohh that's great then.  As long as the online is smooth, I'm good.  I was never one to snipe anyway. 

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by jookz

anyone got any recommendations on ps3 headsets? nothin too crazy
price range?

i'm rocking Logitech F540 + Turtle beach DSS
pimp.gif
...but that a $200+ headset setup, if you want something cheaper i guess Tritton AX180 or Turtle beach PX21 (my old headset)
hmm, budget is whatever's required to get the job done well.  i'd prefer to spend as little as possible, but i dont want that $10 flea market crap that hurts your ears after 10 mins and breaks when you put it on for the second time.  there's a new turtle beach bundle thing, dss + px21, for $150.  how'd you like the px21?  is the dss worth the extra cash?  any reason why you went to the f540?  i wish this stuff was wireless though
turtle beach is ok, i just didnt like the headset #1 it was wired, too messy looking #2 the headset felt cheap and flimsy, but it did it's job...good sound and clear voice chat... reason i went with the new F540, cuz its wireless, i can connect up to 3 source (ps3, xbox 360, wii) and its better built quality then the turtle beach....i added the Turtle beach DSS for dolby digital 5.1/7.1 decoding...
thanks for the info.  f540's look soooo sweet, but they don't work with pc
mad.gif
.  im leaning towards the ax720's, they do everything and are under $150.  i just wish it was wireless...
to the canadians, i hear the source circuit city is selling black ops already, might give them a try if you wanna get this early.

price range?

pimp.gif
...but that a $200+ headset setup, if you want something cheaper i guess Tritton AX180 or Turtle beach PX21 (my old headset)
hmm, budget is whatever's required to get the job done well.  i'd prefer to spend as little as possible, but i dont want that $10 flea market crap that hurts your ears after 10 mins and breaks when you put it on for the second time.  there's a new turtle beach bundle thing, dss + px21, for $150.  how'd you like the px21?  is the dss worth the extra cash?  any reason why you went to the f540?  i wish this stuff was wireless though
turtle beach is ok, i just didnt like the headset #1 it was wired, too messy looking #2 the headset felt cheap and flimsy, but it did it's job...good sound and clear voice chat... reason i went with the new F540, cuz its wireless, i can connect up to 3 source (ps3, xbox 360, wii) and its better built quality then the turtle beach....i added the Turtle beach DSS for dolby digital 5.1/7.1 decoding...
mad.gif
.  im leaning towards the ax720's, they do everything and are under $150.  i just wish it was wireless...
to the canadians, i hear the source circuit city is selling black ops already, might give them a try if you wanna get this early.

price range?

pimp.gif
mad.gif
circuit city?

price range?

pimp.gif
mad.gif
circuit city?

The Source by Circuit City, you say?? Odd, they're a pretty big chain that would prolly get in trouble. I'd bet that one out of the blue is selling it early, but I'll look for one in Richmond and go check it out.

EDIT: I found one in Richmond Centre. I'm going to that mall in a few hours, maybe I'll get lucky. Ning, you know of any more around?

The Source by Circuit City, you say?? Odd, they're a pretty big chain that would prolly get in trouble. I'd bet that one out of the blue is selling it early, but I'll look for one in Richmond and go check it out.

EDIT: I found one in Richmond Centre. I'm going to that mall in a few hours, maybe I'll get lucky. Ning, you know of any more around?

I just bought the Turtle Beach px21 headphones. They are solid. They make the game a lot more different IMO.

I just bought the Turtle Beach px21 headphones. They are solid. They make the game a lot more different IMO.

Back
Top Bottom