PS3|PSP THD: Dirty is shutting us down, help us get to 25k before tomorrow!

Quote:
^^^ 60GB is by far the best, truest OG PS3, but once there gone, there gone. Copp one if you can.
a list of PSN's? I still have yet to add a friend... :wow:
embarassed.gif
Latest Pick-up: Trainer Dunk High (nwsprnt/aq fl bl-mdm gry-myth)​

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

I dunno if this was posted yet, some news on UTIII courtesy of IGN:

UT3 Won't Ship With Cross-Platform PlaySeptember 26, 2007 - Unreal Tournament 3 will not have cross-platform play between the PlayStation 3 and PC out of the box, Epic Games president Mark Rein told members of the BeyondUnreal.com community in a wide-ranging online chat between Unreal fans and Epic employees.

In a transcript of the IRC chat posted today, Rein told BeyondUnreal that synchronizing the PS3 build and PC builds of the game to allow cross-platform play would hamper the company's ability to respond quickly to issues that might crop up on the PC side (read: cheats and exploits.)

The Epic prez grabbed a soda and elaborated:

"We looked at how this would impact our ability to respond quickly to things happening at internet speed on the PC side of the equation and realized that would not be in the best interests of our very loyal PC user base because we would constantly be holding on to updates to wait until they passed cert on the console platform," Rein wrote.

Rein did not rule out future cross-platform UT3 compatibility, after the game stabilizes a bit and gets some early updates.

Other topics discussed by the Epic crew include the UT3 demo date (there isn't one yet), the contents of the game's Collector's Edition (behind-the-scenes vids, 3D tutorials) and the amount of time between sniper reloads (1.2 seconds).

Although I wasn't checking for UTIII I know this disappoints some ppl. I already knew cross-platform play wouldn't be happening since Epic mentioned Gears of War's PC release in Nov. won't Xplay w/360. But there's still hope

---------------------
Saving the world One cheerleader at a time..

Wait, the 60GB version is the best? But I thought both the 60GB and the 80GB were the same (except for the memory capacity). Does the 80GB have the usb ports and backward compatability?

yes, 80 gb has backward compatibility though it doesn't have the emotion engine hardware built into it like the og 60 gb model does.

it's that hardware, which gives a higher rate of backward compatibility than the software-based emulator found in the 80 gb model.

there's a bunch of ps1/2 titles that work on the 60gb that won't work as well or at all on the 80gb model making it only like 70 something % backward compatible or something.

TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​

Quote:
So i was just asking because since it's cheaper, i thought i would go that route since i don't feel like dropping 5 one more time...But i don't want it to be a downgrade for that to happen
Latest Pick-up: Trainer Dunk High (nwsprnt/aq fl bl-mdm gry-myth)​

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

i can't imagine the 40GB system to not have any USB portsthat'd mean users would have to find another way to charge their controllers....

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND
PSN ID: DBLACK

YESSS!!! a ps3 in my price range is coming to a toys r us near me! Sooo does the 60gb have wifi anyone??? i feel yall about it being the best cause it plays all the old games but if im buying a ps3 im buying it to play ps3 games. what else does the 60gb have over the 40gb. can someone explain in detail.
Looking to Upgrade Your Computer or Build Your Own?
Brand New Core 2 Duo Motherboard w/Retail Copy of Vista Ultimate $200 shipped(Over $700 Value) Super Steal!

"Ayo son im on a bench high eatin chicken wings and french fries" --Cormega

^Looks like all of the new SKUs of the PS3 will include wifi, the only SKU that didn't have wifi was the 20gb model which has long since been discontinued.

60gb obviously has the larger hard drive. The hardware emulation chip and the memory card slots for sd, compact, sony sticks, etc...
Plus two additional usb ports.

Your not missing anything if you choose the 40gb. Since the hard drive is easily replaceable. The additional usb ports could be useful but you can always get some usb hub if you need to attach additional usb devices.
GO LONGHORN NATIONmambo.joystickjim.bluemonday.org

ratchet and clank is truly an amazing game from what i can see so far. the animations are top notch and the gameplay is awesome. i can't wait for the full version to be released. i just hope i've had my halo fill by then ( i know damn well i won't).

looking at some of the screens, UT3 might be a problem this winter as well. it looks incredible, but i'm kinda disappointed/happy about the cross-platform play. disappointed because it would have made the experience that much cooler and happy because i know the pc gamers would have straight murked everyone on ps3 (keyboard n' mouse or not). hopefully the psn will be updated w/ 2.0 by then to be a lil' more integrated into the game cuz god knows i dread online gaming sometimes if i have to quit out to check some thing and whatnot.

regardless, looks like an exciting holiday season for sony.

blah!

Can't wait for the NBA 2K8 demo tomorrow!
I purchased a PS3 in December... Is that still the OG PS3 with the emotion engine you're talking about?
TEAM STARCRAFT
Zealot - Dark Templar - High Templar - Twilight Archon - Colossus - Stalker - Immortal
Observer - Phase Prism - Stasis Orb - Phoenix - Warp Ray - Carrier - Mothership

HMM idk if i should get myself the 60gb....
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
4L8O15S16T23!42​
Team New York​

Sig for those wondering.

[font color=#545456 face=homoarakhn size=6]T[/font][font color=#7E7C87 face=homoarakhn size=6]E[/font][font color=#89869A face=homoarakhn size=6]A[/font][font color=#B4B1C2 face=homoarakhn size=6]M[/font] [font color=#E9E8EC face=homoarakhn size=6]P[/font][font color=#F5F5F8 face=homoarakhn size=6]S[/font][font color=#FFFFFF face=homoarakhn size=6]3[/font]
[font color=#FFFEFF face=Europe_Ext size=3]PLAY B[/font][font color=#E00A0A face=Europe_Ext size=3]3[/font][font color=FFFEFF face=Europe_Ext size=3]YOND[/font]

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Quote:
i can't imagine the 40GB system to not have any USB ports that'd mean users would have to find another way to charge their controllers....

It will have USB ports, just two instead of four. If you need more ports, just buy a USB hub, there pretty cheap. I get them free at my job.
Quote:
I purchased a PS3 in December... Is that still the OG PS3 with the emotion engine you're talking about?

Yes.
Quote:
HMM idk if i should get myself the 60gb....

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Courtesy of PSU.comFree Radical: Haze not a Halo-killer, TimeSplitters brainstorms almost done
free_radical_design_logo.jpg
Quote:
Instead of high production values and dramatic commercials, Free Radical has always focused more on a key element in their first-person shooters: fun. Same goes for Haze, the widely anticipated Sony PlayStation 3 exclusive that promises nectar-induced action. Haze screenwriter and developer Rob Yescombe sat down with PSU to tell us more on what the upcoming video game has to offer.

According to Yescombe, it won't be intentional if their latest title ends up being a Halo-killer. "Were not really in direct competition... were under no illusions about the fact that Halo is a juggernaut that will roll over most things," he said. In fact, he stated that folks from the development team enjoy rounds of Spartan combat.

Following the spirit of the classic N64 title GoldenEye 007 (made by Rare Ltd., where some Free Radical members used to work for) and FPS crowd favorite TimeSplitters series on the PS2, Haze is offering a lot of innovations. "Weve got our unique asymmetric combat system, with different weapons sets and skill sets for each faction," said Yescombe.

Unlike the Halo trilogy's larger-than-life story, Haze is aiming for a more personal experience as he puts it. Free Radical mentioned before how the narrative will be packed with characters going through their own human journey.

Yescombe wasn't willing to reveal anything about the game's secrets, available vehicles, or any TimeSplitters details, but we're glad to hear that TimeSplitters 4 is the next big thing in the pipeline. He said:

What we have [for TimeSplitters 4] is an absolutely enormous list of ideas that needs to be whittled down to a point where they could actually fit into one game. So right now, were whittling to the max.

My Take:

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Courtesy of mp.i-revo.jpMGS4 developer: Dualshock 3 more advanced than Dualshock 2
SCEE_PS3_controller___tif_jpgcopy.jpg
Quote:
We've reported recently that the rumble feature on Sony's new DualShock 3 will be using DualShock 2 technology, so it's natural to expect the same old rumble as before in the newest version of our beloved rumbling PlayStation controllers.

However, Kojima Production's Ryan Payton stated otherwise, saying that the rumble features on the new DualShock 3 is definitely more advanced than its predecessor. When asked if the rumble in DualShock 3 is better, Payton said "Absolutely, yeah. I mean, it feels better." He also added that aside from the MGS4 team, other developers such as those working on Devil May Cry 4 received tools for them to add rumble to their games.

This comes to mind one of the comments in our past article, where QJ reader Gitaroo quoted another site in saying that in the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots TGS demo one can tell from which direction the vibration came from, based on what part of the controlled vibrated. Interesting, that.

Is DualShock 3 truly something to look forward to (aside from the usual Ye Olde Rumble), then? Sit tight as we gather more information!

My Take:

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Courtesy of mp.i-revo.jpMetal Gear Solid 4 English demo in the works
index_logo.jpg
Quote:
Couldn't wait to get your fix of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots? Here's some good news for you: according to Ryan Payton of Kojima Productions, the English version demo of Solid Snake's last exploit is currently in the works.

No further details, like the demo's release date, were given. "Hopefully I can make an announcement about that soon, but right now, the focus is on making the English version," said Payton.

The method of disseminating the demo is also unknown at this point as well. It may very well be a PlayStation Network downloadable, but it should be noted that there is a possibility that the demo will be packed as free content in a magazine, or with another game.

We certainly couldn't wait for the Metal Gear Solid 4 demo ourselves. Once we get wind of its release date, you can be sure that we'll let you know. Until then, more updates to come!

My Take:
Tiger_Woods_Biography_2.jpg
5l9ge8.jpg

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

So, I'm thinking of buying the 60gb, what is the difference between the 60 and the 80 besides the obivious memory and backward compatability?

Also, are the 60gbs that are on sell now, do they have a GOOD backward compatability when compared to the "OG" 60?

Thanks
teamautobot​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​
TEAMMARVEL​

Back
Top Bottom