PS3|PSP THD: Dirty is shutting us down, help us get to 25k before tomorrow!

That'd be VERY cool if they made JetMoto for the PS3! Now if they make Twisted Metal and Jumping Flash PS3 versions I'd probably be stuck at home all day.
TEAM CLEVELAND BROWNS
Edwards,Winslow,Frye,Thomas,Lewis,Quinn,Jurevicius,Davis,Bodden,S.Jones,Wimbley,McGinest, E.Wright,Cribbs,Steinbach,Roye​
*We Eat Steel for breakfast*​

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Quote:
Really? I thought alot of it was recycled from NBA Live 07, especially the comments about Lebron...

Specifically, I remember Marv asking Kerr if he could have made the jump from high school to the NBA and Steve saying something along the lines of "No, i still weighed 135 pounds..."
:smh:
smh.gif

Quote:
NCTwin

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Anybody get Skate? How is it? I am picking it up tomorrow after my test. Are the online modes any fun?
TEAM corNhuskers​

^^^ They are on the last page. When I update I change the thread title. You may have to go back a few pages to get the info because if dudes reply as you know it gets lost.

I update everyday, sometimes up to 7 - 10 times a day, so as news comes, I post it up.

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Quote:
To really capture the feel of a live NBA game, the developers had Albert and Kerr record their lines without scripts, ad-libbing their comments just as they would do in a live game. This preserves the spontaneity - not to mention flaws: the commenters will also be stumbling in their speech sometimes - of a live commentary.

To preserve authenticity, Albert and Kerr have also recorded 800 lines of player-specific comments for 130 players in the game. The lines will be played in the game when a specific player does a specific move (even their own signature shots) so players won't be hearing ambiguous lines referring to players who could be anybody. The commenters will really be specifying who is who in the game.

I won't lie... Marv - and to a lesser degree, Kerr - are sorely missed. That's definitely one thing EA has over 2K.
Out

Courtesy of n4g.comPS3 Home Open Beta Coming In December
HD_SIDE_430X360.jpg
Quote:
Many Sony PS3 fans were not happy to find out that the PlayStation Home service was delayed until Spring 2008, but they will be happen to know open beta is coming!

The open beta testing which will basically allow everyone who wants to play with PlayStation Home on the PS3 to do so is set to launch in November or very early December.

This means basically that PlayStation Home for the PS3 will still be available this year, just not in its final version.

Phil Harrison of Sony stated that "We will still be opening in late November / early December for general beta testing. So, the commercial start of Home will be pushed out later, but you will still get the experience this year."

This eases the news of the PS3 Home delay a tad as Harrison has confirmed that every PS3 owner will be able to play on PlayStation Home this year, just not in its final version.

My Take: :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Live is looking good i dunno which way to go tho live or 2k8. The music doesn`t matter to me the only thing I don`t listen to my ipod with is car games so i can make the engine noise by humming :lol:
laugh.gif
THE ARAWAKS WAS HERE FIRST​
TEAM CARIBBEAN​
BAJAN 2 D BONE!! PSN: STEVENBAJAN​

I hate to say this but unless they update HOME before open beta, alot of you are going to be disappointed.

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Courtesy of bizarrecreations.comBizarre Creations joins rank with Activision
2002448830703619900_rs.jpg
Quote:
Hello from Bizarre Creations! You may remember us as one of the largest independent developers left in the UK, well-known for both the Project Gotham Racing and Geometry Wars series. We've just finished up on PGR4, and we're putting the final touches onto The Club as we speak. We've got a couple of announcements to make, so pull up a chair and listen closely...

It's not easy being independent. Signing new games is tough, and bringing new IPs to market as an indie (like we're doing with The Club) is one of the most challenging things our company has ever faced. As I'm sure you can imagine, the most dangerous time for any independent is the period in between projects (or more precisely in between publishers).

Our management team have been preparing for the future for some time now. We've finally found a solution which allows us to not only stay as secure and profitable as we already are as a company, but also to continue to create kickass games in exactly the same way as we're doing now.

The perfect solution for us is to join the ranks of Activision, alongside their other talented studios. It's a pretty incredible chance for Bizarre to improve ourselves and make the most of all the fantastic new opportunities this opens up. Also, given the excellent support Activision offer this can mean only one thing: better games.

This is fundamentally a different deal than some you've seen around the industry recently. Bizarre isn't a developer in financial trouble, and we're certainly not looking to be "saved" by a bigger corporation. We're a dev looking to take our games to the next level, and make the absolute best products we can possibly make. Likewise, Activision is not in the business of "buying out" struggling developers either.

As you can imagine then, Bizarre are very happy with this move. Here's the lowdown:

* Bizarre Creations continues to exist as is. We won't become Activision Liverpool or anything like that.
* We will have absolutely no redundancies.
* All of our teams continue to exist exactly how they are at the moment. Amax team (PGR4) and ****storm team (The Club) will move onto new games, whilst our Shared Technology team will use this opportunity to take our experience and tech to new levels and new formats.
* The Activision way of running things is "hands off". Bizarre continue to have creative control over what we do, we still run the studio how we see fit, and we still get to run our own web site and do all sorts of fun community things!

Let's talk games then... that's why we're all here after all. Well, we're no longer tied to just one platform for starters. Our future titles can be on whatever we please - we are a truly multiplatform studio now. Of course that doesn't mean that we'll be forced to make a port of every game to every console in existence... we simply have that option available to us.

Both of our two main game teams are about to start work on two new AAA titles for Activision. One will be a racing game, and the other a character game. Of course we'll make some more detailed announcements in the future, but be prepared for something big and exciting!

What about the now? Firstly, Geometry Wars will remain unaffected; we'll continue to expand and advance the series just as we were going to do before. The Club will still be released with SEGA, Geometry Wars Galaxies will still be released with Sierra, and PGR4 will continue to be supported after its launch in October. No massive changes here then...

So that's pretty much the idea behind it. Bizarre are happy because it means we're completely safe as a company, we all get to stay exactly the same, and we now have the opportunity to stretch our legs with some brand new game concepts. This is going to be fun...

My Take:

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

skate is fun...the career mode can get pretty tought- to me anyway. i thought i was nice on the demo- but it gets pretty technical!online mode is cool too.... ur basically just sessioning all day! i must've played own the spot for about 3 hours straight lat night...online u can play ranked, unranked or jus freeskate.the ranked and unranked games include: own the spot (my fave), best trick (similar to own the spot except u all go at the same time instead of turn based action,) S.K.A.T.E. ( i hate this because for some reason i'm always last in the turns) and then there's jam session (just an all out session- highest scores in a given amount of tme wins.)definitely check for this game... and add me PSN down there

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND
PSN ID: DBLACK

so what are the confirmed demos that are coming out on thursday?
TEAMYANKEES
TEAMSSB

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND
PSN ID: ILLoQuent13

the kid went a little overboard today

the ratchet & clank demo is beautiful. . the finished game is supposedly 22 GBs! this game is a must

65pcme.jpg
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​

how can i get that ratchet & clank demo?!
ONE YASELF!!
TEAM PLATANO

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND
PSN ID:THEh8er83​

nevermind.
found it
Sister Nancy - Bam Bam

-J-
TEAMNEWENGLANDPATRIOTS​

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Courtesy of Engadget.comFCC Reveals, Approves and Patent 40GB SKU
Sony.jpg
Quote:
Having just denied the existence of a low cost, entry level PS3, we weren't expecting to find a new PS3 model from Sony parked in the FCC exhibits list this morning. That's right, a new PlayStation 3 model CECHG01 was just unearthed. The juiciest of documents are all withheld upon Sony's request for confidentiality. However, we did manage to scrape up a few details: Bluetooth 2.0+EDR; 802.11b/g WiFi; a 3.2GHz CPU clock speed just like other PS3s; 66MHz ATA, 133MHz ATA, 33MHz PCI and 750MHz SATA1; and a bevy of ports including USB, HDMI, and Ethernet. At least that what it looks like after combing through the data. Nothing new, eh? So the reason for the new model number is likely the result of a hard disk change given Sony's preference for unique models reflecting changes in storage. However, for all we know that could be an increase and not a decrease in capacity so we'll all have to hold tight for now and watch this unfold.

My Take
ps3_fcc_lable_cropped.jpg
:lol:
laugh.gif

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

the ratchet and clank demo was like $5 at gamestop. the $5 deposit goes towards the purchase of the game when it releases.

i believe the demo will be available on psn on oct. 4th for download
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​

IHB, so in a nutshell the 60 GB > any PS3 variation right now?
Just wondering since you stated things were being removed on the newer models...

Is the lower price actually better if they take down features a notch?

EDIT:

Yahoo Link
New PS3?

PSN Forums: People on here say this news is simply a rumor, but i don't know..I think it's true.
40 GB
..:team TEXAS:..
.:210:.

^^^ 60GB is by far the best, truest OG PS3, but once there gone, there gone. Copp one if you can.
Quote:
PSN Forums: People on here say this news is simply a rumor, but i don't know..I think it's true.
40 GB

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Back
Top Bottom