PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

[h1]MLB 10 Offers Six Classic Ballparks as Pre-Order Bonus[/h1]
custom_1264117486930_polo54.jpg
Six venues frombaseball's halcyon days will be offered as downloadable content for preorders of MLB 10: The Show, through GameStop and Amazon.

Interestingly, Brooklyn's Ebbets Field, perhaps the most pined-for, long-since-demolished stadium in baseball lore, is not on the list. Nor are morerecent casualties such as Tiger Stadium or Comiskey Park, which would have plenty more fans with a living memory of the place than Shibe or the PoloGrounds.

If you preorder in the store, you get a card with a DLC code the day you pick up the game; online orders will have the code emailed. These are theparks:

• Crosley Field: Home of the Cincinnati Reds from 1912 to 1970. The site of major league baseball's first night game.
• Forbes Field: Home of the Pittsburgh Pirates from 1909 to 1970, scene of Bill Mazeroski's home run to end the 1960 World Series.

• Griffith Stadium: Home of the Washington Senators from 1911 to 1960; site of Mickey Mantle's 565-foot blast off Chuck Stobbs, April 17, 1953.

• Polo Grounds: Home of the New York Giants from 1891 to 1957, the Yankees from 1913 to 1922, and the Mets from 1962 to 1963. Bobby Thomson's "Shot Heard Round the World" to win the 1951 National League pennant was struck here.

• Shibe Park: Home of the Philadelphia Athletics from 1909 to 1954, and the Phillies from 1938 to 1970, later known as Connie Mack Stadium.

• Sportsman's Park: Home of the St. Louis Browns from 1902 to 1953 and the Cardinals from 1920 to 1966. One of only two stadiums to host an entire World Series (1944; the Polo Grounds in 1921 and 1922 is the other).

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Thanks, Arsnal.

This game does not look ANYTHING like the original.
tired.gif

That said, it doesn't look awful. And the size and customization aspects look pretty crazy for a PSN title. I think it'll come down to price for me.

If I grab it, I'll let you know what I think.

EDIT

I ended up picking it up... I had a $10 credit, so I just threw in the extra 5. I'll toss up a mini review after I play it a bit.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Any word on the Assassin's Creed II DLC? Also, impatiently waiting for Alpha 3 and 3rd Strike.

Link
[h2]Assassin's Creed 2 DLC Detailed, Priced[/h2][h4]The missing 12th and 13th sequences to come next year for $3.99 and $4.99.[/h4]By Steve Watts, 12/16/2009

media
The recent announcement of upcoming Assassin's Creed 2 downloadable content gave us names of the two upcoming packs, but was otherwise pretty vague. Ubisoft remedied that today by releasing further details about the two new sequences. The Battle of Forli will release in late January for $3.99, and will feature Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza fighting alongside Ezio to defend against the Orsi brothers. Of course, it isn't Assassin's Creed without some conspiratorial goings-on, so the mission revolves around keeping a Piece of Eden from the Templars. It consists of six new memories (i.e. missions), including one with Leonardo's underused flying machine.
Bonfire of the Vanities will come in late February, for $4.99. As expected, it opens up the area of Florence roped off in the main game, and covers the historical events regarding the monk Savonarola. Ezio will take out members of his cadre (and, we assume, Savonarola himself) through ten new missions, and be aided by a new spring-jump move. From the sounds of it, he may be taking jumping lessons from his uncle Mario.

Both packs are said to take up a full gig of space, so the prices sound lower than one would expect for hefty content. Sadly, there's no mention of Leonardo inventing a new Feather Finder device. Check out some of the new DLC screenshots below and let us know if you plan to grab either or both of the new packs.
media
media

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Battousai701

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Battousai PM me. I think the virus is spreading...
ohwell.gif
2rzdqox.jpg

EDIT: Battousai, you coppin a slim or chillin with the OG?
worse case scenario... ps3 slim

im gonna try to keep my og ps3 since it has better features. im gonna call up sony and get em to fix it. if they cant repair it, then im just gonna cop the slim

im just a lil annoyed that all my saved games will practically be done with unless sony can retrieve and keep my hard drive intact.

wasnt ur ps3 on some ylod staus before? how did u go in dealing with that?
I took it to a local shop, they fixed it in 45mins. I got to keep my OG and everything on my HDD and I got a 3 month warranty. Only paid $90.
i need to find some shop like that here in NY
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

Any word on the Assassin's Creed II DLC? Also, impatiently waiting for Alpha 3 and 3rd Strike.

Link

[h2]Assassin's Creed 2 DLC Detailed, Priced[/h2]
[h4]The missing 12th and 13th sequences to come next year for $3.99 and $4.99.[/h4]By Steve Watts, 12/16/2009

media
The recent announcement of upcoming Assassin's Creed 2 downloadable content gave us names of the two upcoming packs, but was otherwise pretty vague. Ubisoft remedied that today by releasing further details about the two new sequences. The Battle of Forli will release in late January for $3.99, and will feature Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza fighting alongside Ezio to defend against the Orsi brothers. Of course, it isn't Assassin's Creed without some conspiratorial goings-on, so the mission revolves around keeping a Piece of Eden from the Templars. It consists of six new memories (i.e. missions), including one with Leonardo's underused flying machine.

Bonfire of the Vanities will come in late February, for $4.99. As expected, it opens up the area of Florence roped off in the main game, and covers the historical events regarding the monk Savonarola. Ezio will take out members of his cadre (and, we assume, Savonarola himself) through ten new missions, and be aided by a new spring-jump move. From the sounds of it, he may be taking jumping lessons from his uncle Mario.

Both packs are said to take up a full gig of space, so the prices sound lower than one would expect for hefty content. Sadly, there's no mention of Leonardo inventing a new Feather Finder device. Check out some of the new DLC screenshots below and let us know if you plan to grab either or both of the new packs.
media
media

This is old news, though. I want something recent like release dates.

still need to open assassins creed 2... how many hours did it take for people who've beaten the game with all trophies unlocked?

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Nice. Last game I beat was Batman. That was pretty good but the last fight was kinda easy.

I also got Bayonetta based on what dudes on here were saying. I have yet to play it though.

Also, I know its gay but I freaking love those Legend of Zelda games on the Nintendo DSi. I am almost done with Spirit Tracks. The first was on a boat - Phantom Hourglass I think... I also dominated that game "Touch Mechanic" in the DSi.
SO not gay...but that may be because I'm the biggest LoZ fan on this site. Seriously.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Nice. Last game I beat was Batman. That was pretty good but the last fight was kinda easy.

I also got Bayonetta based on what dudes on here were saying. I have yet to play it though.

Also, I know its gay but I freaking love those Legend of Zelda games on the Nintendo DSi. I am almost done with Spirit Tracks. The first was on a boat - Phantom Hourglass I think... I also dominated that game "Touch Mechanic" in the DSi.
SO not gay...but that may be because I'm the biggest LoZ fan on this site. Seriously.
laugh.gif

Before anyone argues... dude had emoticons made up with Link's expressions....
roll.gif

AC II DLC is priced amazingly.
pimp.gif

Also, anyone getting bored with MW2 yet? I know, all the hacks and stuff, whatever. But that aside, if I'm not playing with NT'ers or friends.... itreally isnt that fun. I am pretty pumped for Star Ocean, White Knight Chronicles, and FFXIII to break up the boredom.

Via playstationuniversity.com

Rockstar promises big things for PS3 owners in 2010
rockstar-logo.png

Are you one of the many PlayStation 3 owners that are a little disappointed that you couldn't play the episodic content for Grand Theft Auto IV? Don't worry. Rockstar understands your frustration and apparently they have big things in store for PS3 owners in 2010.

While speculation is one of the best things going in the industry, we're going to assume that either 2010 will be the year PS3 owners finally get their hands on GTA IV's episodic content or that Rockstar may be announcing another prime exclusive for the PlayStation 3. Most will point their fingers to Grand Theft Auto 5, but we're hoping for a new property much like The Agent.

If you're wondering where this info is coming from, well, today, Rockstar published more answers to their fan's questions on their official blog. This was one of the responses when questioned with content on the PlayStation 3.

The question posed was, "I was highly anticipating the release of The Ballad Of Gay Tony, but just found out that it is only on the XBox360. I am certain that I am not the first person to ask this, but how come it wasn't released on the PS3?"

Which Rockstar replied, "We know that it continues to be an often-asked question - and believe us, we understand the frustration of PS3 owners like yourself who haven't been able to play any of our most recent releases. All we can say is that we at Rockstar promise to be very good to you with our releases in 2010. Please stay with us and stay tuned!"

We look forward to finding out exactly what this is!

There's also news on the oft hidden L.A. Noire. The game was originally presumed to be a PlayStation 3 exclusive, but with Rockstar handing Agent to Sony, this game is expected to be for the Xbox 360 and PC also. The question for the past year or so was whether the game actually exists.

A question asked, "Your latest word on L.A. Noire is that it is coming along "splendidly" and that we can expect more details very soon, but that was in September. I've been anticipating this game for ages now and I was wondering if you can provide any new information or when in fact you'll publicly provide more information. By the way, is it still on the PS3?"

And Rockstar replied: "There will be something great to see soon - a proper in-depth look at the game and why it is so ground breaking and innovative, both in terms of the game's design and the amazing new technology to support it. Expect to see a long-awaited reveal via a big cover story next month."

It's about time!

Originally Posted by brandonroy3

still need to open assassins creed 2... how many hours did it take for people who've beaten the game with all trophies unlocked?

Roughly 10 hours and i got 95% of the trophies

I missed 3 trophies and they are all related to the feathers

[h1]Ubisoft Dates First Assassin's Creed II Expansion[/h1]

[h2]Ready your harddrives.[/h2]

by Jim Reilly

LATEST IMAGES

View all 87 images
LATEST VIDEO
View all 41 videos

January 22, 2010 - The first downloadable expansion pack for Assassin's Creed II is set for release next week, publisher Ubisoft confirmed this morning via Twitter.

Battle of Forli, the first of two planned DLC packs for the title, will be available worldwide on January 28 for 320 Microsoft points on Xbox 360 or $3.99 on PlayStation Network for PS3. The second pack, The Bonfire of the Vanities, has no set release date, but will be available sometime next month for $4.99

And just as a reminder, each pack will require about 1GB of free memory space, so fans may want to do some house cleaning this weekend to prepare.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1062876p1.html

pimp.gif

Assassin's Creed II is probably one of the easiest, if not the easiest game to earn trophies in. Seriously.
laugh.gif

Via playstationuniversity.com

Rockstar promises big things for PS3 owners in 2010

rockstar-logo.png

Are you one of the many PlayStation 3 owners that are a little disappointed that you couldn't play the episodic content for Grand Theft Auto IV? Don't worry. Rockstar understands your frustration and apparently they have big things in store for PS3 owners in 2010.

While speculation is one of the best things going in the industry, we're going to assume that either 2010 will be the year PS3 owners finally get their hands on GTA IV's episodic content or that Rockstar may be announcing another prime exclusive for the PlayStation 3. Most will point their fingers to Grand Theft Auto 5, but we're hoping for a new property much like The Agent.

If you're wondering where this info is coming from, well, today, Rockstar published more answers to their fan's questions on their official blog. This was one of the responses when questioned with content on the PlayStation 3.

The question posed was, "I was highly anticipating the release of The Ballad Of Gay Tony, but just found out that it is only on the XBox360. I am certain that I am not the first person to ask this, but how come it wasn't released on the PS3?"

Which Rockstar replied, "We know that it continues to be an often-asked question - and believe us, we understand the frustration of PS3 owners like yourself who haven't been able to play any of our most recent releases. All we can say is that we at Rockstar promise to be very good to you with our releases in 2010. Please stay with us and stay tuned!"

We look forward to finding out exactly what this is!

There's also news on the oft hidden L.A. Noire. The game was originally presumed to be a PlayStation 3 exclusive, but with Rockstar handing Agent to Sony, this game is expected to be for the Xbox 360 and PC also. The question for the past year or so was whether the game actually exists.

A question asked, "Your latest word on L.A. Noire is that it is coming along "splendidly" and that we can expect more details very soon, but that was in September. I've been anticipating this game for ages now and I was wondering if you can provide any new information or when in fact you'll publicly provide more information. By the way, is it still on the PS3?"

And Rockstar replied: "There will be something great to see soon - a proper in-depth look at the game and why it is so ground breaking and innovative, both in terms of the game's design and the amazing new technology to support it. Expect to see a long-awaited reveal via a big cover story next month."

It's about time!

Microsoft is gonna be pissed.

Originally Posted by toine2983

[h1]
[/h1]
[h1]
[/h1]
[h1]
[/h1]
[h1]Ubisoft Dates First Assassin's Creed II Expansion[/h1]

[h2]
[/h2]
[h2]Ready your harddrives.[/h2]

by Jim Reilly

LATEST IMAGES

View all 87 images

LATEST VIDEO

View all 41 videos

January 22, 2010 - The first downloadable expansion pack for Assassin's Creed II is set for release next week, publisher Ubisoft confirmed this morning via Twitter.

Battle of Forli, the first of two planned DLC packs for the title, will be available worldwide on January 28 for 320 Microsoft points on Xbox 360 or $3.99 on PlayStation Network for PS3. The second pack, The Bonfire of the Vanities, has no set release date, but will be available sometime next month for $4.99

And just as a reminder, each pack will require about 1GB of free memory space, so fans may want to do some house cleaning this weekend to prepare.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1062876p1.html

pimp.gif

YES, FINALLY!

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Assassin's Creed II is probably one of the easiest, if not the easiest game to earn trophies in. Seriously.
laugh.gif

By far. Like Supreme said, you unlock 90% just doing storyline stuff.

Feathers are easy if you use the break down in DNA. There is usually on 9 or 10 per section of each city.

took me 20 hours to beat assassins creed...did a lot of the side stuff not all...92% trophies skipped the feathers and glyphs

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

took me 20 hours to beat assassins creed...did a lot of the side stuff not all...92% trophies skipped the feathers and glyphs
Feathers I can understand... but some of the glyph puzzles were downright creepy.... and fun as hell.

Felt like an NT conspiracy thread. EVERYONE was involved.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom