PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via playstationuniversity.com

Rockstar promises big things for PS3 owners in 2010

rockstar-logo.png

Are you one of the many PlayStation 3 owners that are a little disappointed that you couldn't play the episodic content for Grand Theft Auto IV? Don't worry. Rockstar understands your frustration and apparently they have big things in store for PS3 owners in 2010.

While speculation is one of the best things going in the industry, we're going to assume that either 2010 will be the year PS3 owners finally get their hands on GTA IV's episodic content or that Rockstar may be announcing another prime exclusive for the PlayStation 3. Most will point their fingers to Grand Theft Auto 5, but we're hoping for a new property much like The Agent.

If you're wondering where this info is coming from, well, today, Rockstar published more answers to their fan's questions on their official blog. This was one of the responses when questioned with content on the PlayStation 3.

The question posed was, "I was highly anticipating the release of The Ballad Of Gay Tony, but just found out that it is only on the XBox360. I am certain that I am not the first person to ask this, but how come it wasn't released on the PS3?"

Which Rockstar replied, "We know that it continues to be an often-asked question - and believe us, we understand the frustration of PS3 owners like yourself who haven't been able to play any of our most recent releases. All we can say is that we at Rockstar promise to be very good to you with our releases in 2010. Please stay with us and stay tuned!"

We look forward to finding out exactly what this is!

There's also news on the oft hidden L.A. Noire. The game was originally presumed to be a PlayStation 3 exclusive, but with Rockstar handing Agent to Sony, this game is expected to be for the Xbox 360 and PC also. The question for the past year or so was whether the game actually exists.

A question asked, "Your latest word on L.A. Noire is that it is coming along "splendidly" and that we can expect more details very soon, but that was in September. I've been anticipating this game for ages now and I was wondering if you can provide any new information or when in fact you'll publicly provide more information. By the way, is it still on the PS3?"

And Rockstar replied: "There will be something great to see soon - a proper in-depth look at the game and why it is so ground breaking and innovative, both in terms of the game's design and the amazing new technology to support it. Expect to see a long-awaited reveal via a big cover story next month."

It's about time!

Microsoft is gonna be pissed.

Why would they? They made there gwap.. Take the left overs

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

rockstar-logo.png

Are you one of the many PlayStation 3 owners that are a little disappointed that you couldn't play the episodic content for Grand Theft Auto IV? Don't worry. Rockstar understands your frustration and apparently they have big things in store for PS3 owners in 2010.

While speculation is one of the best things going in the industry, we're going to assume that either 2010 will be the year PS3 owners finally get their hands on GTA IV's episodic content or that Rockstar may be announcing another prime exclusive for the PlayStation 3. Most will point their fingers to Grand Theft Auto 5, but we're hoping for a new property much like The Agent.

If you're wondering where this info is coming from, well, today, Rockstar published more answers to their fan's questions on their official blog. This was one of the responses when questioned with content on the PlayStation 3.

The question posed was, "I was highly anticipating the release of The Ballad Of Gay Tony, but just found out that it is only on the XBox360. I am certain that I am not the first person to ask this, but how come it wasn't released on the PS3?"

Which Rockstar replied, "We know that it continues to be an often-asked question - and believe us, we understand the frustration of PS3 owners like yourself who haven't been able to play any of our most recent releases. All we can say is that we at Rockstar promise to be very good to you with our releases in 2010. Please stay with us and stay tuned!"

There's also news on the oft hidden L.A. Noire. The game was originally presumed to be a PlayStation 3 exclusive, but with Rockstar handing Agent to Sony, this game is expected to be for the Xbox 360 and PC also. The question for the past year or so was whether the game actually exists.

A question asked, "Your latest word on L.A. Noire is that it is coming along "splendidly" and that we can expect more details very soon, but that was in September. I've been anticipating this game for ages now and I was wondering if you can provide any new information or when in fact you'll publicly provide more information. By the way, is it still on the PS3?"

And Rockstar replied: "There will be something great to see soon - a proper in-depth look at the game and why it is so ground breaking and innovative, both in terms of the game's design and the amazing new technology to support it. Expect to see a long-awaited reveal via a big cover story next month."

It's about time!

i hope they dont give ps3 owners the gta4 dlc. seriously its been almost a year since the release thats just terrible

i played them already on my 360 and they arent all that

give us something completely new

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

IHeartBoost wrote:

rockstar-logo.png

It's about time!

Cuz Microsoft paid Rockstar $3 million for the content to be exclusive on the 360. If Rockstar answered the PS3 owners where Sony didn't have to payanything, that's not a good look for Microsoft.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

took me 20 hours to beat assassins creed...did a lot of the side stuff not all...92% trophies skipped the feathers and glyphs
Feathers I can understand... but some of the glyph puzzles were downright creepy.... and fun as hell.

Felt like an NT conspiracy thread. EVERYONE was involved.
laugh.gif
i did like 6 or 7 and they kept making me feel dumb for not getting them
laugh.gif

Speaking of Rockstar...

New Red Dead Redemption screens courtesy of their site, rockstargames.com

Exclusive New Red Dead Redemption Screens: Taking Cover

Posted: January 22nd, 2010 4:34 pm | Author: R* Q | Filed Under: Games | Tags: Screenshots, Red Dead Redemption

Check out this set of brand new screenshots from Red Dead Redemption, featuring the game's advanced cover system - crucial for ambushes and intense shootouts.

Full size HD screenshot versions are available at www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption.

55.jpg

(As the horse-drawn cart inches closer, Marston readies his revolver to take out the driver and passenger.)

54.jpg

(From time to time, Marston is joined by allies who help him on his mission. Here, Marshall Johnson takes cover behind an outhouse, ready to incapacitate an oblivious gang member.)

57.jpg

(John Marston takes cover beside a cart of hay to take out a distracted enemy.)

56.jpg

(Marston prepares to turn the corner and shoot through the window to get the upper hand on an outlaw.)

Edit

from IGN

[h1]Uncharted 2 DLC U.S. Details[/h1]

[h2]The heroes are coming sooner than you think.[/h2]

by Greg Miller

LATEST IMAGES

View all 93 images
LATEST VIDEO
View all 64 videos

January 22, 2010 - Yesterday, news broke about the first pack of downloadable content for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and today, we're getting a release date and price. Yes, on Jan. 28, 2010, you can pick up the Heroes multiplayer pack. Here, you'll get seven skins you can use for your online matches. All seven of the characters are from Sony games and include Sev and a Helghast soldier from Killzone 2, Nathan Hale and a Chimera from Resistance 2, and finally Zeke and good and bad Cole from Infamous.

A February 25 content pack will follow and include content from the original Uncharted, including two multiplayer maps, one set in a ruins setting. Skins for this pack include Nathan Drake, Elena Fisher, Atoq Navarro, Eddy Raja, Gabriel Roman and a mercenary.

Finally, April 15 with see a third download pack consisting of a new cooperative multiplayer mode, four multiplayer maps, and five skins.

The initial January 28 pack will be free. The other two packs are paid, although Sony did not share pricing.

Also in Japan, Sony will be bundling Uncharted and Uncharted 2 for a special Twin Pack. The pack will come in a special gold sleeve. Since this is said to be a limited edition item, treasure hunters may want to contact their import shop about ordering.

Maps&Modes>>>skins

red dead redemption is gonna be the baddest game ever. it's like gta 4 except wit horses.

press triangle and grand theft auto a +*$#*+ horse.

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

red dead redemption is gonna be the baddest game ever. it's like gta 4 except wit horses.

press triangle and grand theft auto a +*$#*+ horse.
roll.gif

I can't wait...

i also heard rumors about the story and gameplay

- Your an outlaw who comes back to his home town to get revenge on those who killed your mother.

- There are dozens of guns including, revolvers, 1887 akimbo shotguns, rpgs, ak 47s etc.

- You start off with very little street cred. You have to earn street cred by harassing and killing other outlaw gangsters.

- you can recruit other outlaws in your gang once your reached a certain amount of street cred.

- you and your recruited gangsters can get into a horse carriage and do drive-by shootings on rival outlaws. (it's like San Andreas but just really slowmotion because horse carriages don't go that fast)

- there are over 12 different horses you can ride and high-jack. Each horse has their own attributes.

- You can customize your horse with different horse shoes and saddles.

- The main character is able to gain muscle by hitting the gym.

- The main character can also become skinny or fat depending on how much you feed him burger shot food.

- Towards the middle of the game to keep your friends happy you'll have to "hang out" with them.

- More on that.. pretty much you'll get a horse courier message from a friend asking if you wanna shoot pool, play darts, go drinking, go fly onhelicopters, etc. and depending on how you answer... your friend's % point will increase for you or decrease.

I have more info but I don't wanna spoil NT. Cheers mother ++%%!+#

- Your an outlaw who comes back to his home town to get revenge on those who killed your mother.

- There are dozens of guns including, revolvers, 1887 akimbo shotguns, rpgs, ak 47s etc.

- You start off with very little street cred. You have to earn street cred by harassing and killing other outlaw gangsters.

- you can recruit other outlaws in your gang once your reached a certain amount of street cred.

- you and your recruited gangsters can get into a horse carriage and do drive-by shootings on rival outlaws. (it's like San Andreas but just really slow motion because horse carriages don't go that fast)

- there are over 12 different horses you can ride and high-jack. Each horse has their own attributes.

- The main character can also become skinny or fat depending on how much you feed him burger shot food.

- Towards the middle of the game to keep your friends happy you'll have to "hang out" with them.

- More on that.. pretty much you'll get a horse courier message from a friend asking if you wanna shoot pool, play darts, go drinking, go fly on helicopters, etc. and depending on how you answer... your friend's % point will increase for you or decrease.

Cornballery

Originally Posted by APLX2

- you and your recruited gangsters can get into a horse carriage and do drive-by shootings on rival outlaws. (it's like San Andreas but just really slow motion because horse carriages don't go that fast)

- More on that.. pretty much you'll get a horse courier message from a friend asking if you wanna shoot pool, play darts, go drinking, go fly on helicopters, etc. and depending on how you answer... your friend's % point will increase for you or decrease.

Cornballery
laugh.gif
sounds like a wild west version of san andreas

man if EA was smart they would port mass effect 2 and 1 on the ps3. im playing two on the PC this game is amazing why

not make double the profit

Originally Posted by sole vintage

man if EA was smart they would port mass effect 2 and 1 on the ps3. im playing two on the PC this game is amazing why

Especially since profits are higher on consoles.

Originally Posted by KingRamey

GUTTA SAUCE wrote:

- you and your recruited gangsters can get into a horse carriage and do drive-by shootings on rival outlaws. (it's like San Andreas but just really slow
motion because horse carriages don't go that fast)

- More on that.. pretty much you'll get a horse courier message from a friend asking if you wanna shoot pool, play darts, go drinking, go fly on
helicopters, etc. and depending on how you answer... your friend's % point will increase for you or decrease.

Cornballery
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Especially since profits are higher on consoles.
exactly, and piracy is not as bad as its on PC

Originally Posted by Apollo Greed

Originally Posted by KingRamey

GUTTA SAUCE wrote:

- you and your recruited gangsters can get into a horse carriage and do drive-by shootings on rival outlaws. (it's like San Andreas but just really slow
motion because horse carriages don't go that fast)

- More on that.. pretty much you'll get a horse courier message from a friend asking if you wanna shoot pool, play darts, go drinking, go fly on
helicopters, etc. and depending on how you answer... your friend's % point will increase for you or decrease.

Cornballery
laugh.gif

oh_really_foo.gif

Damn I haven't played MW2 in forever...I guess it just got boring to me for some reason....I am probably going to get BC2 though so hopefully that will be better

[h3]Hello hypervisor, I'm geohot[/h3]I have read/write access to the entire system memory, and HV level access to the processor. In other words, I have hacked the PS3. The rest is just software. And reversing. I have a lot of reversing ahead of me, as I now have dumps of LV0 and LV1.

3 years, 2 months, 11 days...thats a pretty secure system

Took 5 weeks, 3 in Boston, 2 here, very simple hardware cleverly applied, and some not so simple software.

Shout out to George Kharrat from iPhoneMod Brasil for giving me this PS3 a year and a half ago to hack. Sorry it took me so long
smile.gif

Asfar as the exploit goes, I'm not revealing it yet. The theory isn'treally patchable, but they can make implementations much harder. Also,for obvious reasons I can't post dumps. I'm hoping to find thedecryption keys and post them, but they may be embedded in hardware.Hopefully keys are setup like the iPhone's KBAG.

A lot more to come...

If he did do it that's very impressive

so let me get this straight......red dead redemption will have a gym? did they even have that back then? sounds really corny..
the rest seems cool....when does it drop?

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

[h3]
[/h3]A lot more to come...

If he did do it that's very impressive
indeed it is but this dude is some sort of mad hacker first the iphone now the ps3

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

so let me get this straight......red dead redemption will have a gym? did they even have that back then? sounds really corny..
the rest seems cool....when does it drop?

you know he's joking right?

Back
Top Bottom