PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Battousai701, I'm pretty sure it's going to be similar to DM4, but Nero was pretty bad though, you got to admit it especially for a new char.~

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

Just glad yo hear I wasn't the only one to keep pressing O at that point

I finished the game about a hour ago and I was pressing O for some minutes at that part.
laugh.gif
The ending was
eek.gif

My thoughts on the ending [+]
I think the other pawn Zeus was talking about is someone that probably hasn't been mentioned in the series. Hopefully that mystery will be solved in the form of another game or revealed via DLC.

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

Battousai701, I'm pretty sure it's going to be similar to DM4, but Nero was pretty bad though, you got to admit it especially for a new char.~

Yea have they announced a new DMC? 1 &3 are my favorites 4 was ok but 2 has to be the worst of the bunch. Dante just is that dude. Dante & Kratos would make an interesting Buddy cop movie. I mean atleast Dante can't be killed (that we know of)

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

^ Thank you highlight:
Spoiler [+]
Just had to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Yeah, I saw the blood trail to the sea. Kratos is UNREAL! I see the next series as a Redemption or Re-birth of the the world since its torn to shreds. BTW I was pushing the "O" for like five-minutes throwing "bows" on Zeus thinking damn when's this going to end
laugh.gif
.~
roll.gif
So did I! Screen was covered in blood. Me and my girl was like "Damn when does it end? I can't see thru all this blood!"

my girl and i were like, w t f???? hahah pressed it for a good min too, i wanted to beat him good too, thinking this foo might get up again and serve me some.... hahah
I thought my %@%% was broken lmao but me and my brother just rotated every 30 secs lol

^ FallenGodofWar, no not yet.....it's just a matter of time. The 3rd was my fav. also game play was just on par. (switching weapons mid-combo FTW!!!!!) 4th was good too, just kind of short. That Devil arm is just NUTS, remember that was one of the first games on PS3 that had
eek.gif
graphics. I'm just wondering what they are going to do to top that.

DMC series is my comparing level.~

EDIT: Battousai701 have you played Bayonetta yet? Because the creators of of Bayonetta were also creators of DMC 1.~

^ FallenGodofWar, no not yet.....it's just a matter of time. The 3rd was my fav. also game play was just on par. (switching weapons mid-combo FTW!!!!!) 4th was good too, just kind of short. That Devil arm is just NUTS, remember that was one of the first games on PS3 that had
eek.gif

EDIT: Battousai701 have you played Bayonetta yet? Because the creators of of Bayonetta were also creators of DMC 1.~
Play as Dante after getting use to the Devil Arm was weird. I was so used to the mechanic. I got DMC4 on 360 smh controls are most likely better on PS3.

^ Yeah bad choice on getting DMC 4 on 360.....controls were basically the same previous DMC games.

As for playing Dante after getting used to the Devil Arm was weird...but it felt like home haha. Only thing that got me was when I was Nero in the beginning, I kept saying Damn when am I going to play as Dante, then finally when I got to play as Dante after awhile, I said man I miss the Devil Arm haha.~

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

Originally Posted by Battousai701

i really dont see any groundbreaking replay value w/ gow3 if i cant use all my upgraded weapons again from the start.

theres no point of using the items u get after beating a particular boss if its on the same difficulty u have beaten already.

who wants to start from scratch after gaining all the things you have acquired. (people who have played and beaten games like resident evil and devil may cry know what im talking about)

the challenges are alright. not that rewarding after ur done with it. after u finish all the challenges, it basically just gives u some stupid training mode u can customize.

also adding a multiplayer/co-op mode would have made gow3 a perfect game.

nonetheless... gow3 is still a great game. i give it a 9.8

i think coop god of war would be a terrible idea...not everything needs a tacked-on multiplayer component
thats wat they said about super mario bros., resident evil, uncharted, etc etc. heck even mgo was actually pretty good. only thing that hindered it was the stupidly annoying konami id.

it doesnt necessarily have to have the same game mechanics. story mode with more than 1 player would definitely not work.

survivor mode, time attack, save the princess type mode, side story mode... all this would be dope.

instead, they wasted the rest of the bluray dics on trailers, making of features, and blah blah crap.

eek.gif

dmc3 is my fav from the whole series. nero was actually pretty useful as a side character, but i felt like dante didnt have enough play time. at least nero wasnt as wack as raiden in mgs2.

both the gow and dmc series are dope, but i prefer dmc more. if anyone has played both, u can easily tell that gow is influenced by dmc's fighting and battle mechanics.

ive played bayonetta. pretty good game. its like a semi-hentai dmc game
laugh.gif

i havent finished the game yet but can some one explain if they clarify this

Spoiler [+]
what Zeus meant when he told Gaia, " you should have chose the other one?"

just a yes or no will suffice.. thanks

I was in the gameshark/cheats thread and people were asking why there aren't a lot of button codes to put into games for cheats anymore. Here's my semi-elaborate response which some of ya'll might find interesting:

The studio system today is vastly different than it was in the PS1 n64 days, the amount of people working on a single game can be 10x what it was in lets say 1998. There's many different ways various flags are accessed in the game. A lot of them are leftover from debugging. What you would do back in the day is basically leave the debug code accessible and have player input (a cheat code) turn the flags on and off. Sometimes the debug interface was left in the game because someone decided to leave it in or was too lazy to clean it up before the title shipped. A shark would basically force an interrupt subroutine to stop the written code and inject it's own modifications using the systems RAM. Now many developers began to get pissed off at sharks or pro action replays messing with their code. I mean do you want someone making it plain and simple to %++% with your work and make you look like a fool?

So what comes next in the timeline is online gaming. You have a PSN ID a 360 gamertag. All linked to your specific Xbox/PS3 with a specific serial and MAC address. Instead of letting shark and action replay do their thing, M$ and Sony basically banned all 3'd party applications to be running when you hop on the PSN or live. Thus banning people who are hardware and software modding their consoles. Thus ending the economic commercial viability of the Gameshark or Action Replay.

So that's the jist of where gameshark and action replay went. To answer your question about cheat codes. There's still codes for games but with the invention of achievements, you have to turn them off to give access to most cheats. Writing code to turn off achievements is a pain in the !@%. This is because the process of implementing achievements isn't governed by specific studios it's governed by M$ and Sony themselves. There's a whole slew of checklists and requirements and mandates about how that stuff has to work for any game. When you start messing with that and then it has to trickle down to testers and new builds and new checklists to make sure that achievements don't get screwed up. That last thing you would ever ever want to do is %++% up and have a game ship with the ability to get achievements without actually completing them (what would be the point of achievements then?).

So the bottom line is it's just way more difficult to implement cheats without screwing up the template the studios been working on. I'm not saying it's not done or can't be done but after hot coffee, leaving any kind of unapproved non necessary code such as debug, extra scenarios, easter eggs, modifier flags, etc. is grounds for getting fired. So everyone now just really chooses not to mess with that sort of thing until you've got the game polished and good to go. But you know, there's always more work to be done up until the game goes gold. I'm going to use that time to squeeze a few more FPS out of the engine or better memory mapping for faster loading so you guys get the best game possible rather than unlimited health
laugh.gif

I'm going to use that time to squeeze a few more FPS out of the engine or better memory mapping for faster loading so you guys get the best game possible rather than unlimited health
i think we all rather have unlimited health
laugh.gif

i was reading that thread as well. i was gonna basically say the same thing. but of course ur explanation was way more elaborate.

thanks for posting that hybrid. i've always been wondering where those mortal kombat type codes went. i find it sad, but at least i understand why now

I'm going to use that time to squeeze a few more FPS out of the engine or better memory mapping for faster loading so you guys get the best game possible rather than unlimited health
i think we all rather have unlimited health
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Heads Up: KMart is having a deal on some PS3 games/acessories..
from CAG
Just Cause 2 360/PS3 $44.99 available 3/23

Battlefield BC2 PS3 $49.99
Darksiders PS3 $49.99
Darkvoid PS3 $29.99

COD Modern Warfare 2 PS3 $39.99
Dantes Inferno PS3 $39.99
Army of Two PS3 $39.99

Buy any of these PS3 games ($59.99):

God of War 3
Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII

and get $30 off one of these PS3 games ($59.99):

MAG
Uncharted 2
Little Big Planet GOTY
Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time

PS3 Dualshock 3 Controllers $34.99 (Black shown and says other colors available)
PS3 Official Wireless headset $29.99
PS3 Official Wireless keypad $29.99

Good deal on JC2..played the PC demo & it was pretty dope. K-Mart is out of my way so I pricematched @ Wal-mart for a red DS3..
Also, Amazon is having a PS3 Gold box event all day tomorrow..Not sure what's in the sale though.

i really dont see any groundbreaking replay value w/ gow3 if i cant use all my upgraded weapons again from the start.

theres no point of using the items u get after beating a particular boss if its on the same difficulty u have beaten already.

if you max out all your weapons they carry over to your next game all except titan mode. once you

hit the underworld you have all your weapons. to get all the max weapons without playing again is

to go to the battle area ( you only have this mode if you beat the game once) set it to titan dont set infinite health and put all of the strongest monsters to

attack. after you die a couple of times the game will ask you to switch to easy press no and it will

boot you to the main menu and give you the maxed out trophy
pimp.gif

Via playstationlifestyle.net

God of War III, $33 Million Day 1 Sales
god-of-war-3-cover-photo-001.jpg

Sony’s God of War franchise has been a success, especially when you take into consideration the mature content is a barrier to a segment of the marketplace. God of War III is proving to be the true series titan. Kratos has already been welcomed into well over half a million homes.

As we reported earlier God of War III is enjoying strong sales leadership via various retail venues. Gamasutra has revealed that God of War III is dominating this weeks console software sales already. VGChartz has some figures available reporting 450,000 fans of the series had pre-orders locked in place and estimates indicate 550,000 units sold in the US day one alone. At $59.99 each that rings in well over $33 million in sales.

With the God of War franchise as a whole nearing 10 million units before God of War III, it seems Kratos could have the potential to increase his fan-base by 20% – 40% by the time the dust settles.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Hey Boost, have youu seen FFXIII sales reports anywhere?

Curious as to how it sold.

[h2]FFXIII sells 1 million units in US[/h2]
March 22nd, 2010 @ 08:20
By Johnny Cullen

ffxiii41.jpg

Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy XIII has sold 1 million units in the US since its release two weeks ago.

No exact figure – or breakdown ratio for which console sold more copies – was given, but expect the March NPD figures to give the necessary details next month.

On Friday, the firm said FFXIII had become the biggest-selling title in the series so far in the UK, having already become the fastest-selling title in Britain this year.

The game’s gone on to ship 5 million units worldwide, with 3 million in the US and UK alone.

Good looks, Jason. How far are you?

[h1]
[h1]
EA Outlines New Premium Download Content Strategy
[/h1][h2]
New initiative offers paid "demos" prior to full game launches, say analyst.
[/h2]
by Jim Reilly

March 22, 2010 - Electronic Arts plans to offer extended downloadable demos for a price to players prior to the release of the full, packaged game, according analyst Michael Pachter's latest investor report.

EA's Chief Operating Officer Nick Earl revealed the company's latest premium downloadable content (PDLC) strategy during a recent investor visit at its Redwood City studio, which includes charging a small price for an early look at upcoming titles.

"The PDLC would be sold for $10 or $15 through Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, and would essentially be a very long game demo, along the lines of 2009's Battlefield 1943," Pachter said. "A full-blown packaged game would follow shortly after the release of the PDLC, bearing a full retail price. Mr. Earl believes that the release of the PDLC first limits the risk of completing and marketing the full packaged version, and serves as a low-cost marketing tool."

In a follow-up conversation with IGN, Pachter says these paid "demos" will act as a sort of beta test for the company, saying feedback received will shape the final retail product.

"Think about Battlefield 1943 as the prototype, so a full (but short) game experience for a reasonable price," he said. "At the same time, an expanded version of the game will be under development for release as a packaged product."

"However, the idea is that if the PDLC gets favorable reviews, it will build word of mouth for the boxed product. If the PDLC has issues, they can tweak the packaged product to address those issues, improving the final product before release," he added.

Pachter said he wasn't sure if EA plans to include the PDLC content with the packaged game, adding that the content could be a "prequel" to the full game so it can continue to be sold separately. The strategy is expected to launch during the company's fiscal 2011 year, which begins on April 1, 2010.
[/h1]

EA can go kill themselves.

Back
Top Bottom