PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

By getting a Slim you'll get a larger HD.

But, you lose 2 USB ports, so you're left with 2, and lose any sort of backwards compatibility with PS1 and PS2 games.

I like the Slim better. I own an 80GB fat one though.

Even the newer fat PS3s get stripped of two of the four USB ports. We are compatible with PS1 games though.

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

Sup?

eek.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

After owning a 360 for 2 years... I'm thinking of copping a PS3.   My question is...  is there a difference between the slim and the fat? aside from the power consumption?  Only reason i'm thinking of the slim is because they say it consumes less power...   So aside from that, they perform pretty much the same?

The only fat PS3 model worth getting which they are near impossible to find brand new or still go for around $300 used is the OG 60GB PS3 fat model.

But yeah Sony cutting down the USB slots down to 2 sucks pretty bad.

I recommend copping the 120GB PS3 slim from best buy or costco and get the extended warranty plan.

Anyone know if PS3s will play Blu-Rays purchased overseas?  Amazon.co.uk has cheap deals on the Bourne and Matrix trilogies for cheap.  It says they're region-free, and I want to pick them up, but not if they don't work for the PS3. 

Originally Posted by ill4eva

Anyone know if PS3s will play Blu-Rays purchased overseas?  Amazon.co.uk has cheap deals on the Bourne and Matrix trilogies for cheap.  It says they're region-free, and I want to pick them up, but not if they don't work for the PS3. 

Depends on the region codes because the PS3 is not region free. So make sure you check that the blu-ray your buying is region A supported or region free and you should be ok.

38Blu-rayRegions.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Playing FFXIII now....

Struggling to keep going. Somebody please tell me it gets more interesting.

It does, but not for a while.

I felt the same way as everyone else but I'm now on the 10th chapter and
eek.gif
, I'm so glad that I kept playing
pimp.gif
. Still haven't gotten to Gran Pulse yet (5th Ark I think) but the game has taken a complete 180.

Since I can learn any of the classes now, what should I do? And, I have been just randomly upgrading weapons but I still don't understand what I'm doing. What are some of the first steps that I should take?

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Playing FFXIII now....

eek.gif
pimp.gif
. Still haven't gotten to Gran Pulse yet (5th Ark I think) but the game has taken a complete 180.

Since I can learn any of the classes now, what should I do? And, I have been just randomly upgrading weapons but I still don't understand what I'm doing. What are some of the first steps that I should take?

Keep going with each characters strongest roles (Light-Ravager, Fang-Commando, Hope-Medic). Don't start trying to level up all the ones that are at 0... its a waste.

Start to figure out what each characters strengths are and mold the character around them.

For example, Fang has an advantage over every character in strength. So Commando, a role that uses alot of physical attacks, should be her primary. As you probably have 5 or 6 of the starter weapons for each character, find the one for her that has the highest strength attribute (probably be the Dragon Lance or Taming Pole...)

Hope would be the exact same, except subsitute magic power for strength.

Lightning would be more balanced (great Ravager and Commando), so a balanced weapon would be here best choice.

I have mastered every characters main 3 roles and am just now starting to work on the other 3 for each. They cost ALOT more CP to complete and have very $%!+** bonuses.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

After owning a 360 for 2 years... I'm thinking of copping a PS3.   My question is...  is there a difference between the slim and the fat? aside from the power consumption?  Only reason i'm thinking of the slim is because they say it consumes less power...   So aside from that, they perform pretty much the same?

The only fat PS3 model worth getting which they are near impossible to find brand new or still go for around $300 used is the OG 60GB PS3 fat model.

But yeah Sony cutting down the USB slots down to 2 sucks pretty bad.

I recommend copping the 120GB PS3 slim from best buy or costco and get the extended warranty plan.
I have a fat 80gb ps3 with BC that I only use for Marvel vs capcom 2. I think they discontinued my BC 80gb fat right with the 60gb version. I wonder how much I can get for it so I can trade to a slim.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Playing FFXIII now....

eek.gif
pimp.gif

Keep going with each characters strongest roles (Light-Ravager, Fang-Commando, Hope-Medic). Don't start trying to level up all the ones that are at 0... its a waste.

Start to figure out what each characters strengths are and mold the character around them.

For example, Fang has an advantage over every character in strength. So Commando, a role that uses alot of physical attacks, should be her primary. As you probably have 5 or 6 of the starter weapons for each character, find the one for her that has the highest strength attribute (probably be the Dragon Lance or Taming Pole...)

Hope would be the exact same, except subsitute magic power for strength.

Lightning would be more balanced (great Ravager and Commando), so a balanced weapon would be here best choice.

I have mastered every characters main 3 roles and am just now starting to work on the other 3 for each. They cost ALOT more CP to complete and have very $%!+** bonuses.

Thanks

Called every single store that carries electronics in Orange County and none of them have a PS3 in stock. I need a new one to replace my dead one asap.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Questions03

Where the hell do you keep disappearing off to, Mo?...

I'm about to graduate in about a month so school has had me swamped. I haven't had time to look at my own reflection in the mirror... and you know how much I love myself 
frown.gif

[h1]Report: New PS3 Makes Console Cheaper To Run, Build[/h1]
Sony has apparently released an updated model of the PlayStation 3, code-named CECH-2100A, which makes the console both cheaper to run (for you) and cheaper to manufacture (for Sony).

Because the console's graphics processing unit has been reduced in size from 65nm to 40nm, this new model of the PS3 will use less power, and thus also be less likely to overheat, which in turn means it needs less cooling.
These changes also translate to a reduced manufacturing cost for Sony, though whether it's enough to finally make the machine profitable for the Japanese company remains to be seen.
from kotaku

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

Originally Posted by Questions03

Where the hell do you keep disappearing off to, Mo?...

I'm about to graduate in about a month so school has had me swamped. I haven't had time to look at my own reflection in the mirror... and you know how much I love myself 
frown.gif

Nice to see you, Nathan Drake. Props for actually finishing school (I know u said in a month)
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom