PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Damn it though the only trophy I need to platinum Heavy Rain is the "All endings trophy"
mad.gif
My brother said he got the all endings trophy and platinumed HR, but the platinum didn't register because he was playing on that ONE day (sometime last year) where PSN said they had server maintenance or something and trophies might not register.
laugh.gif
  Anybody remember what day I am referring to?
It's been eating at his soul since then, but he said he wouldn't play it again to platinum because it takes too long.
laugh.gif

Seriously anyone who's crazy enough to put in the time and effort to platinum GTA IV.

I got a lot of respect for them.

The online trophies for that game is just stupid.

mvc3 trophies are easy like u can get over 70% in a few hours...the hardest ones will be doing all trials, and fighting someone with a 1 rank

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by kash55

Thinking of trading in Killzone 3 for Portal 2.....hmm.....
should of traded it in a long time ago, value has dropped like tank in water. 
I really don't know why but Sony keeps striking out with first party titles. Gran Turismo 5, God of War III, Killzone 2 and 3, MLB: The Show 10 & 11, Uncharted 2, Gran Turismo 5 etc. didn't even crack NPD the following month. Is it advertising? Gamers just don't care anymore? I don't get it. These games are not boring, or weak games, but Sony just can't sell enough or in comparison to 360 first party titles. Those, IMO are less than stellar compare to Sony first party titles.
Speaking in Killzone 3 case I feel Sony tried to do to MUCH with this title. Graphics are ok, not great. Honestly I thought Killzone looks too grainy and controls are wonky as hell. I think people (PS3 gamers) are over the super-robot race trying to take over the the world. Most sequels have something big or a leap to justify the next in the series, Killzone 3 had jetpacks. Jetpacks, really Gorilla? No wonder why this $*!! fell on it's face.
Good thing we have Resistance 3 around the corner. 
laugh.gif

ya i passed on KZ3...actually i havent bought a game in months... my last 2 games were gran turismo and nba2k11 which were in november... but i did cop socom4 and mortal kombat so im waiting on those from amazon... can't wait 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by kash55

Thinking of trading in Killzone 3 for Portal 2.....hmm.....
should of traded it in a long time ago, value has dropped like tank in water. 
I really don't know why but Sony keeps striking out with first party titles. Gran Turismo 5, God of War III, Killzone 2 and 3, MLB: The Show 10 & 11, Uncharted 2, Gran Turismo 5 etc. didn't even crack NPD the following month. Is it advertising? Gamers just don't care anymore? I don't get it. These games are not boring, or weak games, but Sony just can't sell enough or in comparison to 360 first party titles. Those, IMO are less than stellar compare to Sony first party titles.
Speaking in Killzone 3 case I feel Sony tried to do to MUCH with this title. Graphics are ok, not great. Honestly I thought Killzone looks too grainy and controls are wonky as hell. I think people (PS3 gamers) are over the super-robot race trying to take over the the world. Most sequels have something big or a leap to justify the next in the series, Killzone 3 had jetpacks. Jetpacks, really Gorilla? No wonder why this $*!! fell on it's face.

npd is representative of the US (and maybe the rest of north america?) and the ps3 just isnt relevant here this generation compared to last, the games youve listed arent failures by any means, theyve all cracked npd but barely, just not chart topping, theyll all be multi million sellers by the time the ps4 comes out

one of the problems for sony this generation was that they were carried last gen by 3rd party games which sold great like gta, dmc, ff, etc while 1st party games from sony like ico/sotc, jak, ratchet, socom, the getaway - all of those were just cult classics, the only blockbuster success being gran turismo....  because all those popular 3rd party exclusives became multiplats, it was up to the 1st parties (makers of said cult classics) to carry the ps3, because of the greater spotlight on them, theyve recived more funding and have become bigger and better games, but in a sense theyre still cult classics although games like uncharted and GOW are trying to break that mold... i forgot where it was in Gaf but someone made a post which shows that sony's 1st party titles are about on par with last gen, maybe a little better... dont let halo and gears fool you though, the rest of microsofts games are cult classics too, probably even less popular and less successful than sonys

xbox 360 has taken the role of the console that attracts competitive gamers within the US, all due to a combination of better online, cheaper system, multi-plats generally being better on 360, and a more connected community, other than lowering ps3 price to 199 and including a headset with each unit, theres not much sony can do to achieve the success that microsoft has in the US with the 360

its too late for them to capture north america with the ps3, theyre going to have to try with the ps4, i believe that in order for all those cult classics to become main stream successes, sony's going to have to have a ps4 launch yeear like 2011

derrty6232 wrote:
SMH @ playing games just for the trophies.
laugh.gif

Portal 2 is pretty fun so far.  I gave the free pc steam copy to my brother so we can coop sometime soon.

yo im thinking of picking up that portal 2.... so does all the copies come with the free copy to put on your cpu... i need to put it on a mac... and is it the full game just like if i bought it on the ps3?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]God of War 4 coming September 2012 - Source[/h1]God of War 4 is in development and will be released in September 2012, according to respected unofficial PlayStation mag, PSM3.

Last month a CV appeared online referencing a "God of War 4 cinematic test" and although the animator in question has since claimed this has nothing to do with Sony's flagship series, in its latest issue, PSM3 says it's learnt more...

"PSM3 has heard from another source that God of War 4 is coming, and will hit in September 2012," the mag reports in its latest issue, which is out next week and with subscribers now.

"Our source works closely with the God of War universe, and let slip he'd be working on a related project at the same time."

While last year's God of War 3 concluded a trilogy, Santa Monica Studio has said it's "not the end" for the hugely popular PlayStation franchise.

The next game in the series has previous been rumoured to feature online co-op gameplay.

Link:

http://www.computerandvid...ase-date-september-2012/

[h1][/h1]
[h1]The Last Guardian, Team ICO Collection Delayed[/h1]

SCEA tonight confirmed it has delayed the release of The Last Guardian and Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection for PlayStation 3. Both titles were originally scheduled for release this year -- Spring 2011 for the Collection and Holiday 2011 for The Last Guardian.

New release dates have not been announced; though it seems unlikely both titles will hit this year. Game designer Fumito Ueda issued this statement on the PlayStation Blog:
I announced at last year's Tokyo Game Show that the release timing of The Last Guardian which is currently being developed would be holiday 2011.

However, to provide more challenging and better quality of content to users and to fulfill First Party Studio's obligations, I decided to postpone its release timing.

All the members of my production team are working together at a fast pace to develop and release the game in First Party Studio quality.

I sincerely apologize to all the customers who have been waiting for "The Last Guardian" for so long, but I beg for your patience. I will also announce the new release timing at a later time.

Link:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1162910p1.html

Boost, the only reason KZ 3 fell on its face was because of the lack of story. Something that has hurt the franchise from its inception. If they make a Killzone 4, they have to hire a science fiction writer. I also think that it being rushed contributed. Killzone 2 took forever to come out but when it did it was worth it. I'd rather wait 3 years for a game than wait about 2 years for a mediocre game.

I'm glad that netflix is still working for me... it would be fun to play online right now...
Many of my friends' playstation network is fine.

Back
Top Bottom