Pyramid Schemes & MLM - 5Linx, Maleucca, Amway etc

Them dudes at the top are bankrolling.

My Facebook feed is filled with non stop stuff like this. Weight loss coach, make up, Rodan and Fields, etc. It is ridiculous.

Yup, the top dudes are KILLING it. My issue is the fact that you have to pay to start lol. How you put in a ton of work and lose money at the end of the day. Im not with it.

Dog, I done sat in basement daycare watching those DVDs just to help out struggling friends...

The folks at the VERY top make bread for sure...

The ones that want to get there use social media to give off the illusion that they’re making bank...

The ‘You Should Be Here’ girl I mentioned earlier is like that...

She’s to the point where she travels to deliver those speeches at those big YSBH conventions, but she tries to front like the company made her Big Tyme...

Like her company gave her and her husband a Benz, but that s**t was like 8yrs old. And they try to pass it off like it’s brand new...

I’ve seen her move from downtown condo to downtown condo and post all the amenities, again, tellin ppl that they too can have that lavish lifestyle. But they be sub-leasing those condos long enough to front before their bldg management kicks them out...

They manipulate and finesse on social media just as well as they do in person...

It sucks because they mostly prey on the needy and folks in not-so-good financial situations... hate to see it

I went to one of them cutco meetings fresh out of high school too :lol:. Meet a nice lil biddy there tho. I don't even remember the sequence of events but at some point we were grouped up and playing some type of board game. I held the dice up to her face and told her to blow on it for good luck :lol:. Had her in the bag after that :pimp:. Despite the pyramid scam those are some good *** knives low key lol.

Also went to a big herbalife convention in downtown long Beach one time. Good God there were some BAAAAD chicks up in there boy smdh. But that whole scene had such a cultlike vibe to it I couldn't even stick around for the yambs.

Last one..I know one of them 'you should be here' chicks. Like many of you I was tryna smash. I actually would want to go on one of those dream trips but every time I talk to her she tries to sell me on going to this $500 convention talking about it's life changing but she can't give me any real details on it. I watched a video on their website and that **** looks weird af with all these stage plays and motivational speeches. I just wanna smash yo :smh:

Last edited:
thumb_havent-seen-in-years-me-pyramid-scheme-0-heeeyyyy-so-45535628.png

I had an awful experience with the multi-level marketing/pyramid scheme, Amway earlier this year, it was bizarre.
I was working out at the gym and the older white guy started chatting me up about financial freedom and mentorship. I agree to meet with him at Starbucks and he talked to me about his entire career, that he was retiring soon and it was all due to his mentor, this mysterious guy that I had to meet. He invites me to his house and I'll admit I didn't knowing what to expect.

I thought it was just going to be him, his mentor and I talking about investments and life stuff. I knew it was a setup when I entered his living room and I saw about a dozen people sitting and an easel with the whiteboard on it. His mentor talked for literally an hour about nothing, just buttering us up and talking about how long he been retired and how he travels all the time with his wife, etc. It wasn't until about 90 minutes in did he ever say the word "Amway" or Worldwide Group". I was like "bruh, I wasted my whole night on some pyramid scheme, BS?:lol::angry::sick:" It was all about selling these crappy household products to your friends and family and also recruiting other people into the organization. The whole presentation lasted over 3 hrs.

The craziest part is that the dude who invited me admitted to spending hours everyday recruiting people at the gym, grocery store, etc. The dude tried to call me for days afterwards and I just stop answering. The really sad part is that these pyramid scheme people take advantage of young, impressionable people by presenting this as a legit business opportunity and presenting themselves as "mentors" who will help you better your life.

lolololol, my homegirl did Amway she was trying to tell me not to buy paper towel from Target anymore, I should get it with her. Im like nah im good, I like my $1.09 paper towels

I remember going to the cutco meeting in college when the recession hit and I was looking for a summer job. I knew something was off when they got rid of all the old people after the first "interview" lol. Then they wanted us to pay for a headset and ****. ***** I'm poor, **** outta here lol.

Anytime someone hits me up out the blue and don't say what for, I immediately block them. This is old friends and relatives. Mainly because they think I'm stupid enough to fall for that ****.

I forgot to mention that my Amway "mentor" told me to read this book called The go giver prior to meeting with his mentor/upline. I can't believe I wasted hours of my life reading this book for some dude who is trying to get me to join an MLM :lol::smh:

Also, when we met with the dude giving us the presentation he specifically told us not to Google or do research on em away because the internet is full of haters negativity :lol:

I remember going to the cutco meeting in college when the recession hit and I was looking for a summer job. I knew something was off when they got rid of all the old people after the first "interview" lol. Then they wanted us to pay for a headset and ****. ***** I'm poor, **** outta here lol.

Anytime someone hits me up out the blue and don't say what for, I immediately block them. This is old friends and relatives. Mainly because they think I'm stupid enough to fall for that ****.

Yeah, any job that makes you furnish job-related equipment, clothing, etc. is shady.

When I was in college I had a job at a mall cart and we had to wear polo shirts with the company logo embroidered on the chest and our boss had to audacity to tell us he was taking the cost of the polo out of our checks. I was like "bruh, what?" I statyed that job for like 4 weeks.

Last edited:
I remember a friend of mine in college out of nowhere said a friend of his wanted to meet me for an opportunity. Figured since we were both in IT and graduating it was for a tech job, maybe at a start up. I asked what for and he said that dude would explain it.... I knew something was up so I was like "tell him to hit me up" and I just ignored him for a bit. They ambushed me in the cafeteria late night and asked if I had a second. Whole thing was an Amway presentation. :smh:

... unfortunately I didn't learn my lesson and got sucked into herbalife for a while :lol:. Got to the 50% discount and chilled with just getting myself supps . Got a couple checks in the mail out of the blue because of some class action lawsuit against them.
I remember going to the cutco meeting in college when the recession hit and I was looking for a summer job.
pretty similar situation.

My homegirl invited me to a Primerica one at like 6 am on a Saturday and I watched 45 minute video in a class with about 20 people. I was ready to leave, then the next thing we were broken down into little rooms and like a Vice President came in and gave his little pep talk for another 20 minutes. I’m trying to leave then the next thing the Senior Vice President took me in a room by myself and damn near was about to beat me up if I didn’t sign up.

That **** was the worst morning of my life, I was there for like 3 hours fighting people off.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This Simp I know has an IG herbalife page with his Wife :lol:

She is super sucked in and he is the type of dude that goes along with whatever she says

Meanwhile the guy has been fat the whole time she has been in it :lol:

I sold cutco.

My boys answered some ad about summer work in high school. They put me on and we rolled out 10 deep to the meeting. I guess they ain't know what it really was cus 10minutes into the presentation my boys started getting up, like **** all this. They hit me like, we out. I'm like, yo I think I can do this. I was broke. I'ma see what this really bout. They dipped, I stayed.

Everyone always told me I should be in sales and I'm good at promoting. I put people onto alot of things and encourage things, so I actually wanted to see if they were right.

My family funded the kit. I hit the street, getting appts. I moved $1000 of product in a week. My hustling skills felt legit. My friend and familys words were validated. I was hype.... until I saw my check.

I don't remember how much it was, but remember how much it wasn't. This wasnt gonna work for me. I knew it was comission (and I'm not sure if there was a bit base pay) but all that work for THAT pay off wasn't worth it.

I got alot of pride and I felt good that I didn't run from a challenge, but, damn tho. Prolly shoulda bounced with my homies, cus I quit the next week. Them knives is fuegoo tho. My parent still got it in the crib. I keep forgetting to jux them joints when i visit..

htg designs htg designs BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE I had a family member in Amway for 5+ years. The products were quite good there also.

Said family member had ZERO sales experience and was simply not qualified to hustle a 'premium' product. It was kinda sad how they kept at it, making little to no money but stayed purchasing 'motivational' books, tapes, CDs, etc... Thankfully they had a 9-5 and they did this on the side.

The people at the top really make their money on the signup/registration fees and the necessary add on purchases after you start. After that they push their 'motivational' material.

come to think of it, my mom was heavy into Mary Kay. I rememeber she has like those HUGE pink boxes back in the late 90s....Jesus

After my encounter with that Amway guy, I've done alot of research on multi-level marketing .I found an amazing podcast on it called 'the Dream which talks about multi-level marketing and how it ruins lives, communities, etc. (sidenote, the Devos family, of which Trump's educational secretary, Betsey Devos, is a part of, made most of their money from Amway and other MLMs). They talk about Mary Kay, Avon and Tupperware. I thought my mom and her friends just liked having make-up and food storage parties, I didn't put it together than Avon/Mary Kay/Tupperware parties were all MLM schemes to sell people stuff.

After my encounter with that Amway guy, I've done alot of research on multi-level marketing .I found an amazing podcast on it called 'the Dream which talks about multi-level marketing and how it ruins lives, communities, etc. (sidenote, the Devos family, of which Trump's educational secretary, Betsey Devos, is a part of, made most of their money from Amway and other MLMs). They talk about Mary Kay, Avon and Tupperware. I thought my mom and her friends just liked having make-up and food storage parties, I didn't put it together than Avon/Mary Kay/Tupperware parties were all MLM schemes to sell people stuff.

damn bro, I didnt even think about it that way

Let me see if I can remember this correctly since it happened while I was still in high school
-Did some random job searches on the internet because I was desperate for some summer time money.
-Ended up getting a call back from this random *** company me and my family knew nothing about.
-Drove 56 minutes down the highway to Greenwood, MS because that's where the company claimed to be.
-The person that set up "job interview" happened to pick out a random building in the middle of the city that didn't even look like it was worth running a business in
-Got inside this weird *** abandon building and saw that two or three other families had brought their high school aged kids in for the same interview. So our parents all got to talking about how weird this situation was
- After talking for a while, the man that put the interview together finally popped up in the room and pretty much tried to get us to sell kitchenware for him with the promise that the more we sold the higher we would move up in his pyramid scheme.
-Crazy thing is that I mentioned my hometown to him and he quickly identified one of the guys I knew from my high school as one of his top employees (the guy he mentioned had just graduated from my high school and was playing football at a private college)
- After breaking down his pyramid scheme, he took all of us kids into another area one by one and started questioning us like we were about to take on some very important position.
-me and my family was pissed to the highest level. I had on a nice suit and everything. I swear we should have kicked his *** and ran his pockets for some gas money.

That forex seems like the new wave of pyramid schemes. People post those chart things like talk about it like it's a cult. Chick on my fb posts about it literally several times a day.

come to think of it, my mom was heavy into Mary Kay. I rememeber she has like those HUGE pink boxes back in the late 90s....Jesus
When I was in college I was smashing this one joint that was on Mary Kay heavy...shorty was convinced she was getting that pink Caddy they had as one of the rewards, she couldnt stop talking bout that **** :lol: ...wonder if she ever got that ride

...mad long ago (like 20 years old, just home) answered an ad to be a salesman smh. Some little company by south street seaport had an orientation, pep talked us, about 15-20 people. Bought out their products gave us sales tips the whole 9. WAS NOT FEELING IT but stuck around. they loaded up the carts with products (big books with little books in them, etc) and broke us into groups. Headed to the train station, felt like EVERYONE was looking at us as the dude was still pep talking....he swiped us in, and I dipped on the next 5 train uptown. Not for me man

...mad long ago (like 20 years old, just home) answered an ad to be a salesman smh. Some little company by south street seaport had an orientation, pep talked us, about 15-20 people. Bought out their products gave us sales tips the whole 9. WAS NOT FEELING IT but stuck around. they loaded up the carts with products (big books with little books in them, etc) and broke us into groups. Headed to the train station, felt like EVERYONE was looking at us as the dude was still pep talking....he swiped us in, and I dipped on the next 5 train uptown. Not for me man

I've had so many crappy jobs throughout my youth. I had one job in particular where I sold subscriptions to the local newspaper here (the Atlanta Journal-Constitution door to door). Of course the job description didn't say anything about door-to-door sales, it was just some BS about sales and marketing.

I show up to work the first day dressed all nice and the guy I was shadowing looked at me like I was crazy. Like 10 grown men all piled into the back of a van and they dropped us off in random neighborhoods around Atlanta. They gave us a map and told us to knock on all of these doors and try to sell subscriptions and they told us they pick us up in 5 hours.

Keep in mind, this was in May in Georgia, it was over 90° every single day. if we needed to use the restroom, they told us to ask homeowners if we could use theirs. I'm not sure if you guys realize how humiliating it is to have to ask a random stranger to go into their home to take a dump.

not to mention the dude I was shadowing was one of the worst habitual liars I've ever seen. He talked about all the money he had made at this job and all the stuff he bought yet he took the bus to work. I quit that job on the second day.

All those jobs are the same though, they allow anybody in and they know that 95% of the people won't make it past the month.

Back
Top Bottom