question for "The Wire" heads...

One of my fav shows of all time.
pimp.gif
 My last time watching the entire series was last summer, i knew after my third time going through it i needed to take a long break before giving it a 4th round-a-bout. 

With this thread poppin up though and everyone sharing memories im beginning to wonder if that time is now...ya'll makin it hard to resist 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah, I've watched through the entire series about 3 times. How many times have you guys watched them all the way through? Do you think if i go for my 4th round it will be excessive? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
 My last time watching the entire series was last summer, i knew after my third time going through it i needed to take a long break before giving it a 4th round-a-bout. 

With this thread poppin up though and everyone sharing memories im beginning to wonder if that time is now...ya'll makin it hard to resist 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah, I've watched through the entire series about 3 times. How many times have you guys watched them all the way through? Do you think if i go for my 4th round it will be excessive? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
I've watched the whole series twice and yea, this thread is reminding me of how great the show was.I'll probably try watching it again sometime soon
pimp.gif

I have the whole series DVD box set but I hope they release the whole series on blu ray. That would be great watching the Wire on blu ray
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
I've watched the whole series twice and yea, this thread is reminding me of how great the show was.I'll probably try watching it again sometime soon
pimp.gif

I have the whole series DVD box set but I hope they release the whole series on blu ray. That would be great watching the Wire on blu ray
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

I've watched it about 3x, season 2 is boring every time..

It's comments like this that make me think people just watched The Wire to fantasize about being drug dealers.

It's comments like this that make me think people just watched The Wire to fantasize about being drug dealers.

Yo what the hell is wrong with you eight2one? We got ppl in here saying the are watching the sopranos and you come and say some dumb %@%+ like that in a thread about the wire? I wish I knew who you were so I could slap your dumb %$%.

And ya im mad im on the last season of the sopranos as we speak. SMH

Yo what the hell is wrong with you eight2one? We got ppl in here saying the are watching the sopranos and you come and say some dumb %@%+ like that in a thread about the wire? I wish I knew who you were so I could slap your dumb %$%.

And ya im mad im on the last season of the sopranos as we speak. SMH

what did they put on that pitbull when cheese was at the dog fight...i red that milk makes sure its clean from poison...but what was on the red rag?

what did they put on that pitbull when cheese was at the dog fight...i red that milk makes sure its clean from poison...but what was on the red rag?

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Coming after Season 1, the second season was very different for everyone. After watching it a second time I have come to appreciate that season.

"Did he have hands? Did he have a face? Then it wasn't us"
pimp.gif

Coming after Season 1, the second season was very different for everyone. After watching it a second time I have come to appreciate that season.

pimp.gif

Ya season 2 was just so much different from the rest of.the show I think some ppl didnt know how to take it. Its hard to rank the seasons but 2 was up there with my favorite seasons. Nothing touches 4 though. I gotta re-watch these sometime soon

Ya season 2 was just so much different from the rest of.the show I think some ppl didnt know how to take it. Its hard to rank the seasons but 2 was up there with my favorite seasons. Nothing touches 4 though. I gotta re-watch these sometime soon

The Wire is the only show that i religiously watched. i remember the week prior to the season 4 debut, the entire season 3 was put up on Cox OnDemand and i skipped school to watch every single episode. i even had my girl messing with it 
laugh.gif

i hated season 2 when it began but it's a great season. sure it's not better than season 3 or 4 but it's a great television season nonetheless. it was a great call for the writers to switch the spotlight on the Greeks, because 3 consecutive seasons of gunplay and drug dealers would have pigeon holed The Wire into being just another street !@%*# show. plus, i don't know what dudes are complaining about because the Barksdales had their fair share of camera time during that season, even with Avon being locked up.

Omar is the greatest character in the history of television. period.

RIP Bodie.
frown.gif

The Wire is the only show that i religiously watched. i remember the week prior to the season 4 debut, the entire season 3 was put up on Cox OnDemand and i skipped school to watch every single episode. i even had my girl messing with it 
laugh.gif

i hated season 2 when it began but it's a great season. sure it's not better than season 3 or 4 but it's a great television season nonetheless. it was a great call for the writers to switch the spotlight on the Greeks, because 3 consecutive seasons of gunplay and drug dealers would have pigeon holed The Wire into being just another street !@%*# show. plus, i don't know what dudes are complaining about because the Barksdales had their fair share of camera time during that season, even with Avon being locked up.

Omar is the greatest character in the history of television. period.

RIP Bodie.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

pimp.gif

........you know, imma go ahead and say it.

- anyone whose sold real dope will appreciate season 2. its the difference between a corner boy and the lieutenants and 'higher ups' in the drug game.

- corner boys? corner boys love seasons 1, 3, and 4, and dismiss seasons 2 and 5.

Back
Top Bottom