question for "The Wire" heads...

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

I've watched it about 3x, season 2 is boring every time..

It's comments like this that make me think people just watched The Wire to fantasize about being drug dealers.
Coming after Season 1, the second season was very different for everyone. After watching it a second time I have come to appreciate that season.

"Did he have hands? Did he have a face? Then it wasn't us"
pimp.gif

........you know, imma go ahead and say it.

- anyone whose sold real dope will appreciate season 2. its the difference between a corner boy and the lieutenants and 'higher ups' in the drug game.

- corner boys? corner boys love seasons 1, 3, and 4, and dismiss seasons 2 and 5.

Originally Posted by rrickrude

What season was that weebay gif from..... i'm trying to remember what happened??

Season 1 took place in the print shop
laugh.gif

Y'all have me about to break out the box series again when i get to the crib 
laugh.gif

The Game is THE GAME
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rrickrude

What season was that weebay gif from..... i'm trying to remember what happened??

Season 1 took place in the print shop
laugh.gif

Y'all have me about to break out the box series again when i get to the crib 
laugh.gif

The Game is THE GAME
pimp.gif

Once I finish the Sopranos (First time watching, halfway through the last season) Im starting The Wire again. Such an amazing, amazing show.

Oh and to you all who mentioned the wire in blu ray, it will never happen. It wasnt shot in hd, it wasnt even shot in 16:9. They wanted it to look and feel gritty.

Once I finish the Sopranos (First time watching, halfway through the last season) Im starting The Wire again. Such an amazing, amazing show.

Oh and to you all who mentioned the wire in blu ray, it will never happen. It wasnt shot in hd, it wasnt even shot in 16:9. They wanted it to look and feel gritty.

i loved season 2 it was all about the connect, import and transport,  f  the circus the wire was the best show on earth
pimp.gif

season 1 intro
season 2 the connect
season 3 the bust
season 4 the new breed
season 5 the heart break/end

i loved season 2 it was all about the connect, import and transport,  f  the circus the wire was the best show on earth
pimp.gif

season 1 intro
season 2 the connect
season 3 the bust
season 4 the new breed
season 5 the heart break/end

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

what did they put on that pitbull when cheese was at the dog fight...i red that milk makes sure its clean from poison...but what was on the red rag?
I want to know too...dont know anything about the dog fight game

The way Marlo popped that chick still got me shook to this day
Yeah, I didnt know what to think of Marlo till' I saw that +$#*...I was like
eek.gif
he's a different breed
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

what did they put on that pitbull when cheese was at the dog fight...i red that milk makes sure its clean from poison...but what was on the red rag?
I want to know too...dont know anything about the dog fight game

The way Marlo popped that chick still got me shook to this day
Yeah, I didnt know what to think of Marlo till' I saw that +$#*...I was like
eek.gif
he's a different breed
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

I wish they'd do a blu ray with each season on one disc or the entire series on one disc.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

I wish they'd do a blu ray with each season on one disc or the entire series on one disc.

i have to watch this again cuz i hardly remember any of this...i've left movies and couldn't tell you what happened by the time i got in the car

i have to watch this again cuz i hardly remember any of this...i've left movies and couldn't tell you what happened by the time i got in the car

The Wire is one of those shows you can watch 1000 times and STILL learn new things.  This thread has had me on youtube reliving some of my favorite scenes.

The Wire is one of those shows you can watch 1000 times and STILL learn new things.  This thread has had me on youtube reliving some of my favorite scenes.

Originally Posted by thesaltycracker

A good thing if you rewatch the series every so often is focus on a few different characters. You learn so much more about the story when you keep digging into the various characters. I'm going through it for the third time and honestly I hardly even pay attention to McNulty, Bunk, or the Wire detail. I've been paying attention more to people like Jay Landsman.

A good thing if you rewatch the series every so often is focus on a few different characters. You learn so much more about the story when you keep digging into the various characters. I'm going through it for the third time and honestly I hardly even pay attention to McNulty, Bunk, or the Wire detail. I've been paying attention more to people like Jay Landsman.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

right..this thread has me ready to watch again. I smoke too much weed to remember specific details haha

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

right..this thread has me ready to watch again. I smoke too much weed to remember specific details haha

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Couldn't have said it better.  The side stories, esp in seasons 4 & 5, make the ENTIRE show so much understandable and therefore more enjoyable

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Couldn't have said it better.  The side stories, esp in seasons 4 & 5, make the ENTIRE show so much understandable and therefore more enjoyable

Back
Top Bottom