question regarding the "Nike Air" fuss...

I dono if this has been covered... but whats the difference in using the swoosh for the 1's and using "nike air" for the 3's iv's etc? isthere a reason why it was cool for the 1s... but no other shoe?

JB tried to replace to replace the swoosh on the Is with a jumpman.
It turned out so bad
laugh.gif
. So they stuck to the swoosh. IDK what your question really isthough

its probably because the swoosh on the 1 is such a huge part of it where the nike air on 3-6 is pretty small, just on the heel and easy to swap out with ajumpman air instead. taking off the swoosh on the one made it look like a completely different shoe, switching the nike air on 3-6 doesnt change the look allthat much.

i can't help that in the back of my mind i always wondered though why do they leave "A I R" on the back of the III's under the jumpman butthe IV, V don't get this treatment?

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

It turned out so bad
laugh.gif
. So they stuck to the swoosh. IDK what your question really is though

Heres the pic of the Is I was talkin about. Horrible
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JordanRetroHead23

i can't help that in the back of my mind i always wondered though why do they leave "A I R" on the back of the III's under the jumpman but the IV, V don't get this treatment?

I heard that they kept the air on the III because with just the Jumpman, it wouldn't have been in proportion. Meaning they couldn't make theJumpman any smaller or bigger without the shoe looking "off."

And yes, those I's were horrid.
alien.gif
sick.gif

It turned out so bad
laugh.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif

Originally Posted by nycshoehead

so next year when the packs come out the" NIKE AIR" is goin to be on the 3,4,5,6.....
Dont get so excited, its still a rumor

It turned out so bad
laugh.gif

sick.gif
Yeah very Horrible. I dont know what the @#$$ they were thinking. The jumpman on the back of the current I's looks stupid. That would be likeadding a jumpman on the back of the XI's. Just plain stupid. But nothing will ever look better than Nike Air.

They kept the word nike on the back of the II's when they first retroed and the charity ones have a jumpman now.

they do whatever they feel like doing

I think JB ruined so many retros by putting the jumpman logo. I hope the packs have the nike air, or else i might not cop as many.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

I think JB ruined so many retros by putting the jumpman logo. I hope the packs have the nike air, or else i might not cop as many.
indifferent.gif
I agree. If the shoes III-VI does not have Nike Air, I am 100% sure I will not buy them. No Nike Air, No Care.
happy.gif

Are we sure Nike tried replacing the swoosh on the I's with a jumpman? I didnt think the jumpman logo was even conceived until the III's. Why if thejumpman logo was around with the I's did they still use the wings logo? What are people talking about in this post?

Are we sure Nike tried replacing the swoosh on the I's with a jumpman? I didnt think the jumpman logo was even conceived until the III's. Why if the jumpman logo was around with the I's did they still use the wings logo? What are people talking about in this post?
they tried replacing it on a retro.... in 02 or 03... mind slips me...
but not on the original...

Originally Posted by Litesole

Are we sure Nike tried replacing the swoosh on the I's with a jumpman? I didnt think the jumpman logo was even conceived until the III's. Why if the jumpman logo was around with the I's did they still use the wings logo? What are people talking about in this post?
they tried replacing it on a retro.... in 02 or 03... mind slips me...
but not on the original...
Yeah, I remember. I looked at my boy's feet and thought he had stumbled upon some fakes or something.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 2396Bulls

are we sure?

the pic of the shoe that released the day after christmas in 02(I believe), is up above in this very post.

I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say I'm not sure if they were looking to fully replace the swoosh with the jumpman on the 1'sand maybe that was a special edition/one-time only type thing, but the pic of the shoe we're referring to is right up there.

I really hope that what I gave you credit for thinking is what you really were thinking, and not that you scrolled all the way down to post and missed thepic posted and quoted a few times in here, just so you could make that post....please tell me that.

^^^^Defiinitely not scrolling all the way down just to make a post. Like my post asked: "What are we talking about in this post?" I wantedclarification if people were talking about og or retro, which I should have wrote. My bad for not being clear on that. I saw the pic in this post but havenever seen it before today. So I wasnt sure if that was the shoe because the person who started this threads question was a bit confusing and didnt clarify ogor retro until AFTER my post.

Back
Top Bottom