Quick Interview Question

I have an interview with Bloomberg soon...just wondering what you guys/gals typically say for your 3 weaknesses?  I know, I hate the question since everybody on NT is perfect
sick.gif

I've been told to pick things unrelated to your field. So if you're going to be a day trader or something, say you aren't very good with words/writing, you don't like reading, etc. Just pick something that doesn't have anything to do with what your job needs. That way you can still come across as honest/humble but not unskilled/a bad fit.

you wanna please everyone. Too friendly. You WIO sometimes when you see milfs

I'll give you 2 that have never failed....... Say 1.you are a perfectionist, 2. tend to overwork at times, .. These can be weakness but they are also positive characteristics. You like everything to be perfect which shows that you will want the task to be completed correctly. Tend to overwork which means you will do as much as you can during your hours.

Originally Posted by Liu Kang 23

I'll give you 2 that have never failed....... Say 1.you are a perfectionist, 2. tend to overwork at times, .. These can be weakness but they are also positive characteristics. You like everything to be perfect which shows that you will want the task to be completed correctly. Tend to overwork which means you will do as much as you can during your hours.
those cheesey answers don't ever work cause they see right through it
you may be able to get away with that at some stupid retail job but majority of the time using strengths as weaknesses is a bad idea

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

you may be able to get away with that at some stupid retail job but majority of the time using strengths as weaknesses is a bad idea
Do retail jobs even have interviews?? pretty sure you just walk in say you need a job and pow they give you a shirt and name tag

You dont have to use my answers but your weaknesses do need to have a positive aspect according to the Public Relations class I took in College. No disrespect to the retail workers, I know wonderful people that have retail jobs. Its all love

You dont have to use my answers but your weaknesses do need to have a positive aspect according to the Public Relations class I took in College. No disrespect to the retail workers, I know wonderful people that have retail jobs. Its all love

positive aspect in that you are doing something to improve or work on your weakness
I love it when I interview people and they try to give me some BS answer

positive aspect in that you are doing something to improve or work on your weakness
Well, when it comes to money there will always be BS somewhere

They do work, but it's more about what you follow it up with than the cliche itself. You don't even have to use those words.

The point is to pick something that can be turned into a strength. Instead of saying you're a perfectionist you can say that you're pretty hard on yourself when business walks out the door, or when you don't completely fulfill your ability. Then say something about how it makes you go back to the drawing board to learn your mistakes so it doesn't happen again.

That is a weakness (hard on yourself, perfectionist) turned into a strength (strong work ethic, learning from mistakes, wanting to get better).

Well, when it comes to money there will always be BS somewhere
As the old adage goes, you can't $#*%+@## a bull****ter 
ohwell.gif

Real talk though I'd have to go with Adios.  Pick something that won't come off as a character flaw, pick something that is readily reparable, and pick something that will not have a negative impact on your job performance.  If you're halfway sincere it will work to your advantage. Trust me when I say that if you're trying to make something up (using a strength as a weakness/saying some trite or cliche bs) 9times out of 10 someone else has said the same damn thing.

Just be honest.  I always tell the interviewer that I have a terrible memory.  Right after I tell them that, I say that I make up for it by taking thorough notes.  The best way to tell them about a weakness is that you are aware of it and you are working to address it and make it a strength.  That will put you ahead of all the BS and people who don't know how to position themselves among the pack.

What kind of job are you getting with Bloomberg?  Congrats on making it that far.  Now it's just time to close the deal!

I always say I don't like the documentation and paperwork part of the job. I'd rather be actually doing things instead of documenting what I already did. However, I do see the importance of it.

Thanks for the tips, they only asked for one. It wasn't a problem at all...it's usually when they ask for like 3 weaknesses that I have to start reaching a bit more.

These are some good answers.

I like picking something that is very unrelated, and being to hard on yourself.

Those two are the most
pimp.gif
in here.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I liked the hard on yourself one, and yea, using totally unrelated things can be good...but you never know, it could be related and you don't know it.

I used "I trust in my own work abilities so much, that sometimes I find it hard to delegate some of my workload"

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

I liked the hard on yourself one, and yea, using totally unrelated things can be good...but you never know, it could be related and you don't know it.

I used "I trust in my own work abilities so much, that sometimes I find it hard to delegate some of my workload"

eek.gif
This is the exact post I was gonna make and the example is
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom